Television satisfaction?

Gandtee

We dropped True some months back, we only had a minimal subscription anyway and the free digital terrestrial TV has better picture quality.

For my Western TV fix I use one of the easy-to-use UK TV services.

for UK TV  I've been using Filmon for the last few couple of years the free service is low quality ( i think 360p or 480p ) but watchable.

Movies and  series from that very well know torrent provider that has ships with black sails, its so nice to watch with absolutely no advertisements interrupting every 10 minutes

Thai Tv  via  a Digital terrestrial box with an aerial on the roof but its hardly ever watched , those Thai soap operas especially the Friday evening one are banned  in my house :-)   BTW  why do they have so many news channels  all with the same news !

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If you have an Android box ,load up Mobdro, has more than

enough to watch,is free, and works well for me,then theres

IFLIX 100 THB p.m. or 1000 Thb per year .

regards worgeordie

I love Kodi and have several builds on several devices.

All work well.

Many very helpful videos on Youtube on how to set it up.

Am alternative for you is to download the many movie and live tv apps to your box.

Terrarium tv. Show box. Megabox. Movie HD to name a few.

Solid streamz. Live net tv etc. for live tv. Mobdro is another good app.

These apps will give you thousands of movies and tv shows as well as documentaries too.

Please note these apps are all free.

Pm me if you want some help.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

3 hours ago, johng said:

for UK TV  I've been using Filmon for the last few couple of years the free service is low quality ( i think 360p or 480p ) but watchable.

Movies and  series from that very well know torrent provider that has ships with black sails, its so nice to watch with absolutely no advertisements interrupting every 10 minutes

Thai Tv  via  a Digital terrestrial box with an aerial on the roof but its hardly ever watched , those Thai soap operas especially the Friday evening one are banned  in my house :-)   BTW  why do they have so many news channels  all with the same news !

"absolutely no advertisements interrupting every 10 minutes".

Back in the UK. the only live tv I ever watched was football matches, after the video recorders came out, I recorded every programme I watched, apart from the BBC, just to miss the adverts.

3 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I love Kodi and have several builds on several devices.

All work well.

Many very helpful videos on Youtube on how to set it up.

Am alternative for you is to download the many movie and live tv apps to your box.

Terrarium tv. Show box. Megabox. Movie HD to name a few.

Solid streamz. Live net tv etc. for live tv. Mobdro is another good app.

These apps will give you thousands of movies and tv shows as well as documentaries too.

Please note these apps are all free.

Pm me if you want some help.

Anyone have experience with Watch.USTV NOW.COM? Designed for US military.

22 minutes ago, MIKE Gholson said:

Anyone have experience with Watch.USTV NOW.COM? Designed for US military.

I drop in and out of ustvnow.com.

I usually use it for basketball, but it works fine. The good thing about it is that you don't need any geo unblocking, it's actually legal for any US citizen overseas. You get central PA live network feeds, and they do have a DVR option, $39?Month I seem to recall.

The live thing, doesn't really interest me since the timezone issue just makes it unusable, watching a Harrisburg morning news show at 8pm doesn't do it for me.

So, yep it works, I use it for certain sports at certain times of the year, but primarily use Hulu etc

Tried out USTVNOW recently.  I used the $49 test program......found out the only thing I ever cared to watch was Fox News.....everything else was just junk, taped it seems, at random.

Quality was O.K. but had a lot of drop-outs and would have to reload.  They have  $100 and $200 options that use a Sling Box dedicated to your individual account which sounded interesting.  I just didn't feel like spending that much money as it probably would be a disappointment like DISH (with everything) in the U.S. was.  Most of the time there wasn't anything to watch.  

I only keep Truevision for the sports and they are losing ground with me there too.......if they had a decent news channel other than the Clinton News Network and BBC I would be a lot happier.

Been with pulse tv for 6 months now very pleased with the service and channel line up. Not had any problems a few buffering moments perhaps. On screen menu is great easy to navigate. Good selection of free on demand movies and tv programs. Has 24 hr catch up only but that suits me fine. So many sports channels all EPL games live. For the price it's hard to beat imo of course. I have Kodi on box as well for newer films. 

We're getting a True Visions box free next week! True insisted they come and install it as part of package when all I asked for was the free upgrade from ADSL to high speed (Fibre or VDSL??). Until now they still cannot tell me if I am going to fibre or VDSL but they really were keen to send the True Visions box. I expect it will gather dust as I have no interest in the channel line up vs IPTV.

21 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

We're getting a True Visions box free next week! True insisted they come and install it as part of package when all I asked for was the free upgrade from ADSL to high speed (Fibre or VDSL??). Until now they still cannot tell me if I am going to fibre or VDSL but they really were keen to send the True Visions box. I expect it will gather dust as I have no interest in the channel line up vs IPTV.

No such thing as free with true vision. Read the small print when they install new fibre box. No doubt they will tie you down to a years new contract.

Been using ilikeHD+ for 18 months now, very happy with the service and quality ( improved greatly since I first joined). Many packages to choose from 100 Baht up, I'm paying 500Baht a month for a choice of as many sports, news, movies , docos, channels you could possibly want, from UK, Aus, USA ( Thai channels are free). Good quality 720 mainly, very little buffering these days, really great service, reply within minutes, app available for android, I have on my phone and android box. I used it while on holiday in Aus as well. But for other than live tv you can't beat Kodi.

5 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Been with pulse tv for 6 months now very pleased with the service and channel line up. Not had any problems a few buffering moments perhaps. On screen menu is great easy to navigate. Good selection of free on demand movies and tv programs. Has 24 hr catch up only but that suits me fine. So many sports channels all EPL games live. For the price it's hard to beat imo of course. I have Kodi on box as well for newer films. 

Thanks for the reply.

Thankyou all for the replies. All food for thought. One of my gripes with Truevision-an oxymoron? is the lack of the rugby Six Nations tournament. No doubt it won't be covered again this year. I signed up for a one year contract a couple of weeks before they dropped the Platinum programs, so will stick with it until it expires. I must confess I only  went with Truevision for my son's sake. Even though he is Thai he never watches Thai TV thank goodness.

16 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Thankyou all for the replies. All food for thought. One of my gripes with Truevision-an oxymoron? is the lack of the rugby Six Nations tournament. No doubt it won't be covered again this year. I signed up for a one year contract a couple of weeks before they dropped the Platinum programs, so will stick with it until it expires. I must confess I only  went with Truevision for my son's sake. Even though he is Thai he never watches Thai TV thank goodness.

There all on pulse the 6 nations that is and there is now 5 thai channels as well

On 1/18/2017 at 1:08 PM, Crossy said:

We dropped True some months back, we only had a minimal subscription anyway and the free digital terrestrial TV has better picture quality.

For my Western TV fix I use one of the easy-to-use UK TV services.

Can you help me and explain what you get and how? You can pm me.

You might want to take a look at Rugby Pass.

On 18/01/2017 at 0:23 PM, worgeordie said:

If you have an Android box ,load up Mobdro, has more than

enough to watch,is free, and works well for me,then theres

IFLIX 100 THB p.m. or 1000 Thb per year .

regards worgeordie

Not sure if I've done something wrong but when I tried Modbro and selected 'News' under categories it returned zero.  Maybe news is something it doesn't do.  Be better if they deleted the category if that's the case than just turn up zero results.

I'm very happy with Pulse although not so with True Online as my internet provider.

All EPL games are on Pulse (Sky, BT Sport, Astro and other foreign channels).  Best of all is Sky Soccer Saturday with the peerless Jeff Stelling and Match of the Day on catch-up in the morning.

I'm very happy with Pulse although not so with True Online as my internet provider.

All EPL games are on Pulse (Sky, BT Sport, Astro and other foreign channels).  Best of all is Sky Soccer Saturday with the peerless Jeff Stelling and Match of the Day on catch-up in the morning.

Pulse is paid package? Pulse TV? I am trying to find out as I am getting rid of True Vision too. I found that website Pulse TV. Where it shows package like 10,000 bahts/ year. Is that correct?
I have android box (Minix Neo U1) as well as windows (Minix Z83). I am also looking at alternative for True vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, jphasia said:

Pulse is paid package? Pulse TV? I am trying to find out as I am getting rid of True Vision too. I found that website Pulse TV. Where it shows package like 10,000 bahts/ year. Is that correct?
I have android box (Minix Neo U1) as well as windows (Minix Z83). I am also looking at alternative for True vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes correct that price is for the year with an android box sent to you there are other prices for 6 months and less.

You can if you go with pulse use it on 4 diffrent devices on one account.