What did you eat today?

grollies

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
12 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

Come on guys, get joined up!   We are a friendly bunch, there's no backbiting or snideness

Are you sure you really want TV members ??

Well, there has been a little discussion on that ...   :smile:

Edited by Mister Fixit

16 minutes ago, grollies said:

Stan, tell Ronthai it is pure coincidence, I'd never seen that site before you posted here.

So why not join?  We need a lot more members and some of the guys do know how to cook.  

We're all enthusiastic amateurs, but we do like our food, Thai, farang, you name it although there's been a lot of talk of curries recently.  I did a good one a while back and just last week I did a load of aloo gobi. Lovely grub.  :smile:

Edited by Mister Fixit

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Gaeng Mala Jae (spicy vegetarian bitter gourd curry), stir-fried bitter gourd and tofu w/brown rice1485247208235.jpg1485247210493.jpg

Veggies, veggies, everywhere!  One thing I like about general Asian cuisine.  

today had left over curried mung beans with flour tortillas (homade and frozen)...tonite gonna do pork masaman from a Lobo packet with tatties...should do me fer a coupla days...

then later when that's finished my first excursion into the world of homade pizza with homade pizza sauce (thanks to a previous thread in the food forum)...contemplating the toppings; spiced up ground pork and fresh chiles?...gotta get the dough right first...the grandkids will be the barometer of my success...

'pthaw...grandpa tutsi that tastes like shit!...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

5 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

today had left over curried mung beans with flour tortillas (homade and frozen)...tonite gonna do pork masaman from a Lobo packet with tatties...should do me fer a coupla days...

then later when that's finished my first excursion into the world of homade pizza with homade pizza sauce (thanks to a previous thread in the food forum)...contemplating the toppings; spiced up ground pork and fresh chiles?...gotta get the dough right first...the grandkids will be the barometer of my success...

Hope those grandkids are Americans or Italians to give you that authentic feedback!    

If they're Thai, then don't forget to substitute the cheese with mayonnaise,  ketchup instead of tomato sauce, and ditch the pork for oodles of squid slices!  :sick:

Lunch: Found some cooked prawn in the fridge today. 

Threw caution to the wind, whipped up a sauce, chopped onion, leuttce, tomato and red pepper - prawn cocktail..

Edited by grollies

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

But are you gonna go traditional with pigs ears, trotters and the skin , or go modern with calabresa sausage and pork ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Never ate trotters until I got here. Seeing West African crew storing them in the arse-end in 30deg heat put me right off.

Had them here last week, stewed, really nice.

Had our spirit house blessing 29th Dec. (2 pig heads, boiled chicken and duck) Tried pigs cheeks with a sour dipping, not bad.

All the neighbours well fed.

2 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

whip up some flour tortillas quick and have goat tacos...not unheard of...

Bought a load of flour and yeast at Makro the other week to make pizza bases. Wifes been doing roti with Indian curries lately but, yeah, I love tacos. Definitely give it a go and roti a bit greasy for me.

Let us know how you get on with the pizza.

Just now, grollies said:

Wifey's out at the pond fishing for dinner.....good job we've for the goat curry leftover :smile:

My wife is just now finishing the Caesar dressing for the salad--lots of garlic, anchovies, and spicy mustard. She has already mixed and is re-baking the twice-baked gorgonzola potatoes and has the grill ready for the 3cm thick Aussie rib-eyes; medium rare, of course. To delight the palate, my last bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape is ready. For dessert, my dear bride has baked a mango cheesecake and is brewing that dark Suzuki coffee I like so well. 

ye wanna use baking soda and not yeast fer the tortillas, soda pung foo or else the tortillas will turn out like pizza crust...

and yeah I'll let ye know how I get on with the pizza but that's fer later...just washin' the spuds fer the masaman now...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

My wife is just now finishing the Caesar dressing for the salad--lots of garlic, anchovies, and spicy mustard. She has already mixed and is re-baking the twice-baked gorgonzola potatoes and has the grill ready for the 3cm thick Aussie rib-eyes; medium rare, of course. To delight the palate, my last bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape is ready. For dessert, my dear bride has baked a mango cheesecake and is brewing that dark Suzuki coffee I like so well. 

Right, that's it.....I'm showing the wife this post.

I'm going to put a stop to her afternoon rummy.

Now I'm starving.

2 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

ye wanna use baking powder fer the tortillas, soda pung foo or else the tortillas will turn out like pizza crust...

and yeah I'll let ye know how I get on with the pizza but that's fer later...just washin' the spuds fer the masaman now...

Cheers