PM: No hard feelings among Thais

rooster59

15 minutes ago, alien365 said:

If first world democratic countries like the US and the UK can't set a good example, I doubt it's ever gonna happen here either. 

I may not be in favour of either of the current administrations in the USA or the UK, but the elections that got them there were more or less fair and open, well as far as could be expected anyway.

The policy making [especially amongst the brexiters] may be a mixture of delusionment/prejudice/nationalistic rhetoric, but at least it is a strategy that can be seen to have a sort of misplaced logic and some attempt is being made to face up to the realities of life.

They are not playing the ''everything will be ok if everyone shuts the #@$% up, ignores the realities of the situation and is just nice to each other'' card.

Edited by Bluespunk

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I may not be in favour of either of the current administrations in the USA or the UK, but the elections that got them there were more or less fair and open, well as far as could be expected anyway.

I was referring to the general population not the politicians. If we can't get back together as nations then how can one expect Thais to do it

6 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I was referring to the general population not the politicians. If we can't get back together as nations then how can one expect Thais to do it

The general population should be allowed to disagree with each other. 

This "why can't we all just get along BS?" is just that. 

BS. 

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The general population should be allowed to disagree with each other. 

This "why can't we all just get along BS?" is just that. 

BS. 

Yes agreed, you can't expect to silence people (referring to the PM's request), you can't expect everyone to just agree, kiss and make up. This ideology hasn't worked in the West and it wont work here either. 

People should be allowed to express their opinions but violence, rioting and trashing cities is not the right way to go about it either. Surely a middle ground shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

3 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Yes agreed, you can't expect to silence people (referring to the PM's request), you can't expect everyone to just agree, kiss and make up. This ideology hasn't worked in the West and it wont work here either. 

People should be allowed to express their opinions but violence, rioting and trashing cities is not the right way to go about it either. Surely a middle ground shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

To do that you need a functioning justice system that people have faith in.

A system where wrong doing is punished not amnestied/rewarded/ignored. 

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

To do that you need a functioning justice system that people have faith in.

A system where wrong doing is punished not amnestied/rewarded/ignored. 

The roadmap, that started with good intentions, clearly went wrong somewhere... 

" The Prime Minister believes Thai people are willing to let bygones be bygones, which is one of the characteristics of the people of Siam. "

And military coups will continue to happen to remind people that bygones must be bygones.

And now all political parties will sign an agreement/pact/accord to make sure bygones are bygones. 

And we will fix bad driver behaviour and the horrendous road toll by taking X amount of vehicles off the roads.

And we will fix BKK traffic problems in one month.

Etc etc................

Talk the talk is cheap in Thailand but walk the walk doesn't seem to happen, unfortunately, despite the constant announcements from Government "authorities".

A picture of an Ostrich with it's head in the sand comes to mind.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Prime Minister believes Thai people are willing to let bygones be bygones, which is one of the characteristics of the people of Siam. 

I am most certainly glad that I am not Thai. Its hard to believe that mentally you can kick a man to the ground and he is going to get up with a smile on his face. Wow talk about rubbing it in. 

The Prime Minister believes Thai people are willing to let bygones be bygones, which is one of the characteristics of the people of Siam. 

Then take a walk with no bullet proof vest or body guards up north.

You know who freely did as the people truly loved & respected him

Not the same as a dictator who is a legend in his own mind trying to travel among the people is it?

" The Prime Minister believes Thai people are willing to let bygones be bygones, which is one of the characteristics of the people of Siam.  "

It is lucky that Thai school text books no longer teach little children to hate the Burmese for sacking Siam hundreds of years ago. The happiness knows no bounds these days.

1 hour ago, onthesoi said:

Is this the same guy who claimed there was an assassination plot against him?

No it was the one everyone loved , did great deeds & he recently passed away

We are not allowed to mention him by name

Gen Prayut said he wished to see all political groups work together to restore a true democracy and bring back the happiness the nation once enjoyed. To talk to each other, he said all sides must first open their hearts and act based on the best interest of the whole. 

I am not sure if there were ever any less sincere words uttered by a leader here. He has shown time and time again, that his desire is for just the opposite to happen, and continue to happen. My heart goes out to the Thai people, that they have been saddled with such a lack of leadership.