True Visions fined after ripping off customers over cancelled movie channels

Jonathan Fairfield

They also stopped BBC Entertainment which was my main viewing channel.

I paid an extra a la carte fee for that. They knocked that off my latest bill but no explanation why it ceased. And why can't I get Al Jazeera or any other news channel in English, other than BBC or CNN?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

Because there are better things to to with a computer. Unless you are rich and have several connected to fibre optic cable.

Or have a 2K android box connected to Tv by HDMI,connected to your router,

so you dont have to be rich,and as you already have a Internet connection,

the box is going to pay for itself in a month.

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Or have a 2K android box connected to Tv by HDMI,connected to your router,

so you dont have to be rich,and as you already have a Internet connection,

the box is going to pay for itself in a month.

regards worgeordie

But using a True pocket wifi in the bush you do not have sufficient download speed.

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

But using a True pocket wifi in the bush you do not have sufficient download speed.

Thats your choice to live in the bush, for normal people it works

very well.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, delgarcon said:

There's so much free stuff on the internet now, all you need is wifi and a Smart tv and the tv world is your lobster!

I just plug my laptop into the TV via HD cable.  Gives me free movies/series and I am no longer have to suffer US channels....and its all free

5 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

who do you call to complain to them? Anyone have the number?

Try the Feedback link on there website. Great if you can read Thai because it will not convert to English. I agree with all of the other complaints but some of us have no choice. They have a banner add running now saying the upgrade will only extend to the end of January, not a month. The add also says go to their website for details but there are none. We are still waiting for the upgrade. Absolute crap.

15 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

I paid an extra a la carte fee for that. They knocked that off my latest bill but no explanation why it ceased. And why can't I get Al Jazeera or any other news channel in English, other than BBC or CNN?

Try Watchfree.to.  You can get all the UK series including a series of Father Brown which was not shown on BBC Entertainment.

I complained to BBC but was told they had discontinued the Entertainment and another channel through Asian distributor.  And they said I should push True to get them to take the new channels from BBC (I think like SG has).

But the BBC is so poor that I really do not miss them.  They have soooooo many repeats which they justify by saying "but everybody else does it".

14 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

who do you call to complain to them? Anyone have the number?

You can post a complaint on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Truevisions/

But don't expect any sort of real action. You'll probably get something like this... 

"Thank you so much for your feedback. We, TrueVisions Care, deeply understand and realise that this event may significantly impact on your watching lifestyle.

TrueVisions Group Company tried our best to retain the programmes and channels but unsuccessful, so we select new programmes and channels for subscribers and look forward to seeing you enjoy and have new experience watching new programmes and channels launched."

In other words... wank wank wank we don't give a rats ass. Have a nice day. 

40 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Look for "Sky News Live" on Youtube.

After all the buffering with ilikihd I'm now using UKTV.WEBTV.TO. You need to download an exe. file which is always risky, but my anti-virus okayed it. Programmes have a five minute delay but absolutely no buffering. You have BBC, ITV, BBC News, Sky News, Al Jazeera. And you can watch programmes stored on the system, which includes movies. And it's free. The only downside is few movies and no sport. I still use True for the footy but am soon going to try a box from iviewhd which includes everything except BBC 24 hour News (has Sky News though).

1 hour ago, ghillie44 said:

Try Watchfree.to.  You can get all the UK series including a series of Father Brown which was not shown on BBC Entertainment.

I complained to BBC but was told they had discontinued the Entertainment and another channel through Asian distributor.  And they said I should push True to get them to take the new channels from BBC (I think like SG has).

But the BBC is so poor that I really do not miss them.  They have soooooo many repeats which they justify by saying "but everybody else does it".

The site is blocked

403 Forbidden

Request forbidden by administrative rules.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

After all the buffering with ilikihd I'm now using UKTV.WEBTV.TO. You need to download an exe. file which is always risky, but my anti-virus okayed it. Programmes have a five minute delay but absolutely no buffering. You have BBC, ITV, BBC News, Sky News, Al Jazeera. And you can watch programmes stored on the system, which includes movies. And it's free. The only downside is few movies and no sport. I still use True for the footy but am soon going to try a box from iviewhd which includes everything except BBC 24 hour News (has Sky News though).

IlikeHD went through a bad patch regarding buffering/cutting out a few months ago but since then has been excellent

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not for it hasn't. I've given up on them and this month's subscription is my last.

I only go out 2 or 3 nights a week, the rest of the time IlikkeHD is on from around 5pm onwards, no complaints here, maybe your internet connection is not the best?

How many remember UBC whose directors continued taking 500,000thb salaries when the company was folding. They were taken over by TRUE who improved the service but soon became worse and basically dishonest. I threw them out maybe 7 years ago but recently relented and gave them another chance by taking on their all-in-one Internet, Wi-Fi, 3G, so many free channels package at 499thb.

Unfortunately, they soon resumed their dishonesty by continually subscribing my phone to unwanted sites which charge for every unrequested message etc. which adds up to a 200 baht surcharge every month. However, a kind TRUE lady in Buriram gave me the code of *137 which stops the texts. But this procedure starts again within a week.  

Maybe they have something built into the SIM card provided with the package which automatically logs my phone into these sites; but I now watch carefully and insert the code quick as the messages start again. 

True cancelled 6 channels! Someone can't count they cancelled 7 they also cancelled BBC Entertainment. Asked what did they replace that with answer was nothing. One of the replacement movie channel is Celeste how many non Chinese are enjoying that?

You can post and moan on forever about the way true have ripped people off. I am disgusted with them. I would like to know just how much HBO wanted for there pack from true vision. But we will never know. You have the power to fine true vision yourselfs. Walk away It has been stated officially in the OP they as a company have broken there contract with there customers. Therefore it is your right to cancel your subscription with them even if your contract is still ongoing. Fine them your way walk away.

Called True yesterday to cancel, but they couldn't do that because I have paid for 1 year upfront.

Was offered 100 baht discount points on the remainder of my platinum subscription, but I insisted on cancelling.

A representative is supposed to call me within 5 days.....:coffee1:

Had to talk to True this week re problems with TV via fibre. They were actually prety good and followed up the next day on the service that was given. Obviously responding to current complaints. Crap cheap Chinese modem at fault.

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Called True yesterday to cancel, but they couldn't do that because I have paid for 1 year upfront.

Was offered 100 baht discount points on the remainder of my platinum subscription, but I insisted on cancelling.

Yeah...good luck with that. 

6 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

You can post and moan on forever about the way true have ripped people off. I am disgusted with them. I would like to know just how much HBO wanted for there pack from true vision. But we will never know. You have the power to fine true vision yourselfs. Walk away It has been stated officially in the OP they as a company have broken there contract with there customers. Therefore it is your right to cancel your subscription with them even if your contract is still ongoing. Fine them your way walk away.

I'd rather know how much they have pulled in with these premium packages and compare that to the 5m fine. I'm sure it was a payer!

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

Paid for a year upfront? A bit risky with true no matter how much you save. This current problem has proved that.