Cinema film censorship

SidJames

I doubt that films shown in the cinema here are heavily censored. It's not the same as a movie being shown on TV where anyone, young or old could watch it. Maybe if a film is seen as being detrimental to Thailand then parts would be cut, or the movie banned altogether, but I don't think that would apply to T2.
And anyway, if you go to the Major Cineplex group on a Wednesday they only charge 100 baht per person, so you haven't much to lose.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I went to the cinema a few months ago to see the latest Jack Reacher film and they showed a trailer for an American-made cartoon film about some rebellious food items (think hot-dogs etc). Can't remember the name of the film but the language used (in English) was incredibly vulgar and offensive. Lots of <deleted> and blinding etc.

Not sure which age group the film was aimed at but it was distasteful to me and I ain't no spring chicken.

So you could be in luck with Trainspotting!

On 1/24/2017 at 3:12 PM, kannot said:

most  likely, I havent been to the cinema  here in years and refuse to go as I wont sheeple  myself at the start of the movie  baaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaa

No need to "sheeple" yourself - just sit back, recline yourself and put your feet up on the seat in front.

What could possibly go wrong?

Or, you could wait outside until the anthem is over.

57 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

No need to "sheeple" yourself - just sit back, recline yourself and put your feet up on the seat in front.

What could possibly go wrong?

Or, you could wait outside until the anthem is over.

"putlocker" enjoy it at  home, no standing up  no munching of crisps or non stop chitter  chatter

http://www.watchfree.to/

22 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I went to the cinema a few months ago to see the latest Jack Reacher film and they showed a trailer for an American-made cartoon film about some rebellious food items (think hot-dogs etc). Can't remember the name of the film but the language used (in English) was incredibly vulgar and offensive. Lots of <deleted> and blinding etc.

Not sure which age group the film was aimed at but it was distasteful to me and I ain't no spring chicken.

So you could be in luck with Trainspotting!

No sense of humour at all ^^

For a while we were getting MNET out of South Africa.  This was south of Bkk, all the way to Hat Yai.

Several movie stations that showed films from all English-speaking countries, and African movies too.  Even that certain Jodie Foster movie that was verbotten.  No censorship, image editing etc. Then I'd come up to Bkk and see the movies on TV with cigarettes blurred out etc, sort of a culture shock.  I tried to imagine a Humphrey Bogart movie getting that treatment.

I worked as an usher in a cinema in NYC when I was a teenager, we had a nasty bouncer who took care of the guys who would sheeple themselves.  One time I saw him pull a guy out of his seat (from the row behind him, lifted him by the back of his collar) and drag him to the fire exit and push him into the street, the guy's little sheeple still exposed.  Afterwards as he passed me he said "now I have to wash my hands after touching that filth."