Pu Nam Ron, Kanchanburi crossing open for Visa runs?

Hello,

Just a quick question.

Is the Pu Nam Ron border open for visa stamps (I have a non O ME)

Seen a lot of hoo ha about borders being closed due to the recent arrests of Thai citizens etc, etc

Anyone heard any reports

Thanks in advance

cheers 

Richie

The arrest of Thai citizens happened on the other side of the border at 3 Pagodas Pass, Sangkhlaburi town, Kanchanaburi town. That border is not open to foreigners, only Thais.

Phu Nam Ron is open for business. Heard that the fee is nearly 1,000baht now which includes Myanmar Visa and return transport across no mans land.

If you have time and never visited Kanchanaburi before, spend a few days, i dont think you'll be disappointed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Richie1971 said:

Cheers Joe, have a multi entry non o so will make the trip

According to a report I seen you have to leave your transport about 8Ks from the border, and pay 900 Bt for a mini van to take you there (maybe UbonJoe can confirm that) I was going to go there, but when I saw that, it put me off. 900Bt for a 16k round trip??

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

According to a report I seen you have to leave your transport about 8Ks from the border, and pay 900 Bt for a mini van to take you there (maybe UbonJoe can confirm that) I was going to go there, but when I saw that, it put me off. 900Bt for a 16k round trip??

This post has the correct info. The 960 baht includes 500 baht for the Myanmar border pass.

2 hours ago, snawa said:

Went through Phu Nam Ron at lunchtime today. Very friendly both sides. Took 17 minutes all up for 30 day tourist renewal. 960baht for minibus & MY visa from Thai border to Myanmar immigration

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This post has the correct info. The 960 baht includes 500 baht for the Myanmar border pass.

I knew you paid 500Bt to Myanmar immigration as I did that at Maesot there was a video on you tube about a couple going there, and they just mentioned the 960Bt without saying it includes that fee. Thanks for telling me Joe.:smile:

• 3 months later...

Hello, i did the Visa Run once there. Very good experience. Everything run smooth. Officers are very kind and relaxed. Want to go there again end of this month. But i do not remember the opening hours. Does anyone know the opening hours at the Phu Nam Ron border crossing? And is it the same for every day, i mean weekdays and Sat/Sun same? Thank you very much!

Just back from this border this morning , i have a multiple entry non o based on marriage and was told rather rudely that only 2 land crossing are allowed and to fly out next time .This was my 2nd land crossing at this border by the way . 

2 minutes ago, greg71 said:

Just back from this border this morning , i have a multiple entry non o based on marriage and was told rather rudely that only 2 land crossing are allowed and to fly out next time .This was my 2nd land crossing at this border by the way . 

There is no limit for doing border crossings if you have a valid visa. The 2 land border crossing rule only applies to visa exempt entries.

Perhaps an ill informed officer.

On ‎27‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, snawa said:

Went through Phu Nam Ron at lunchtime today. Very friendly both sides. Took 17 minutes all up for 30 day tourist renewal. 960baht for minibus & MY visa from Thai border to Myanmar immigration

That is the usual experience. However you can be unlucky. I crossed a few months back and just as the mini van was about to return to Thailand , six back packers turned up from Dawaii. Naturally, as there were only two of us in the van our driver wanted to wait for these 6 back packers and charge them 200 baht a head.

And of course, the back packers had no visas for Thailand and there was a lot of confusion about what they wanted vs what they could get visa wise.

To cut a long story short l got stuck there for 90 minutes while these losers tried to argue every point and every baht. Oh they complained bitterly about the cost of the van arguing that 20 baht each was the going rate.

I really don't understand these people. Massive argument about transport then hit a cheap guest house and piss up the savings on beer.

Fortunately this is rare. Been over this border 9 times and usually no problems or delay.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, gastonneke said:

When you have a visa with single entry you can get a Visa exemption of 30 days when reenter at Phu Nam Ron border.

Could someone confirm this

It has been confirmed in other topics that it is possible to do a border hop there for a 30 day visa exempt entry now.

• Like 1