Have some questions about blacklist, maybe someone can help!

I got a question about blacklisting.

I got blacklisted for 1 year having overstay more then 90 days in september last year. That means im blacklisted to september this year.

I just changed my family name and applied for new passport in my country. I also got a new passport number in the new one.

I applied last week at the thai embassy for tourist visa and got it approved.

My question is:

Could it be any problem when im arriving in Thailand when i already have a visa that they gave me at the thai embassy?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Munotlaw said:

With another name and a new passeport, entry should be not a problem. 

Munotlaw

I am not so sure about this, maybe UbonJoe will be along soon.

Oh! Sorry UbonJoe is the post right behind me.

Edited by possum1931

You might be able to use this trick of changing your name to circumvent the block and get back in to Thailand, but consider the downside.  If anything happens and it comes to the attention of the authorities what you have done, how will they react?  Is it possible that they could get angry and perhaps impose a permanent blacklist i.e. for life?

For what it's worth, you've only been blacklisted a year.  I'd suggest to you that you enjoy your homeland (or other countries) and return to Thailand in September with the confidence that you're allowed to return and are welcome.  I feel that the downside of getting caught trying to circumvent the blacklist is just too great.

Whatever you do, good luck to you.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Munotlaw said:

With another name and a new passeport, entry should be not a problem. 

Munotlaw

What about the photographs they take at airport immigration? Change of name and/or passport has no bearing on the similarity of a photo that may reveal the same person and thus provoke more questions.

7 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

What about the photographs they take at airport immigration? Change of name and/or passport has no bearing on the similarity of a photo that may reveal the same person and thus provoke more questions.

Good question. The Autochannel electronic gates definitely utilise facial recognition technology. 

So it would seem logical that if the same technology is not already in use at all entry points, it is only a question of time before it will be.

September will come quickly. Pay your penance and don't

overstay again. I am not being judgmental. It is just if the

information you are trying to hide is recorded on your passport

chip you could be in for an unpleasant return flight home. Some

passports are not chipped so they may be able to get away with

your deception but the risk reward is too high in my opinion

when with a little patience it will be water under the bridge.

2 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

My friend did th same last year. Changed name. New passport. Arrived BKK. ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY. Deported straight back to U.K.  He had an ongoing ticket to Phnom Penh but they wouldn't let him use it. 

I really don't understand why your friend took that unnecessary risk when he could have just simply flown to Vietnam from the UK and crossed into Cambodia from there:blink:

9 minutes ago, PlastikbinLina said:

You should not have a problem with a new passport and change of name. How on earth could a border officer faced with a queue bother to check your past name and pp number. Unless of course you talk too much and look nervous. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Not hard at all. The system already does a search for a person's history when the passport they are using has not been used before for entry. A nationality and date of birth  match might result in them checking further. Perhaps that result narrowed down to those on the blacklist and then a facial recognition search.

• Like 2

I can't say if you will or will not be allowed back in ,but why not just wait till September and then you won't be looking over your shoulder all the time ,as if and when they do catch you will it be worth the fine and again maybe being banned for a lot longer than 1 year .Up to you.

For information: I dot NOT have any ticket to Thailand.

I was curious if the blacklist is just "talk" and i applied for the visa. And i did not change my name for this purpose. I took my old birth name back.

So the embassy does not check up on immigration before giving out any visas? Sounds strange for me..

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not hard at all. The system already does a search for a person's history when the passport they are using has not been used before for entry. A nationality and date of birth  match might result in them checking further. Perhaps that result narrowed down to those on the blacklist and then a facial recognition search.

Joe , i thought that we had another person [woman] only a couple of days ago who was blacklisted, she got a visa no problem, but the airline would not let her board the plane.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThomASen said:

For information: I dot NOT have any ticket to Thailand.

I was curious if the blacklist is just "talk" and i applied for the visa. And i did not change my name for this purpose. I took my old birth name back.

So the embassy does not check up on immigration before giving out any visas? Sounds strange for me..

no the do not.

2 hours ago, al007 said:

I am a simple law abiding and retired man married to a lovely thai lady

I find it so hard to understand the lengths some people go to in order to beat the system

I very fully agree with the get tough immigration policy, I believe it is just these sorts of people who immigration want to keep out

I also thought forum rules prohibited illegal discussions, and surely how to evade the laws and rules falls into this category

I expect my post will be censored and deleted, I hope not

I have copied this post just in case

I would be very interested on the comments of Thai Visa on this matter

I am curious to...

18 minutes ago, hoffy66 said:

Joe , i thought that we had another person [woman] only a couple of days ago who was blacklisted, she got a visa no problem, but the airline would not let her board the plane.

I was writing about entry to the country after a name change not getting a visa at an embassy or consulate.

26 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

This goes to show you she has not learned anything  You were banned because you overstayed and did not follow the rules

Now you have a new passport and another name and still will not follow the rules

This goes to show you that you really are the type of person that is not wanted in Thailand  You refuse to follow Immigration rules 

I really do hope the arrest you when you arrive here You do not deserve to be in this country 

If you read the hole topic instead of just what you wanna read you would see i not have any ticket down yet.

And i really hope you get another hobby then writing shit to people on all forums you come across. For what you know.. Maybe it was pretty good reasons to have an overstay? Or maybe it was none. Nobody has asked.

Have a good day!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomASen said:

If you read the hole topic instead of just what you wanna read you would see i not have any ticket down yet.

And i really hope you get another hobby then writing shit to people on all forums you come across. For what you know.. Maybe it was pretty good reasons to have an overstay? Or maybe it was none. Nobody has asked.

Have a good day!

Maybe some of us are  being unkind and unchristian, and if so I appologise

Maybe this is just a simple, rather angry lady/divorcee trying to earn a living here

Maybe the original poster also has a new TV name, I note she has only been using this one for a matter of hours, and if we had her earlier name we might have more insight and be kinder

From the quality of her English it may well not be an educated lady

My suggestion and strong recommendation dear lady, is do not push your luck, the jails they tell me, here are pretty awful

Maybe if you share your full story and the reasons you were deported and banned, it is possible some real help and advice could be offered

Remember we make a lot of our own luck

• Like 2