Thais delay requests for suspects (British in Porsche killed in Pattaya)

geovalin

Cambodia National Police yesterday reaffirmed that Thai authorities have not asked for cooperation to arrest the two suspected killers who fled to Cambodia after the execution-style killing of a British web designer in Pattaya last week. The suspects were identified as Briton Miles Dicken Turner, 27, and South African Abel Caldeira Bonito, 23.

They arrived in Cambodia through Koh Kong province’s Cham Yeam international checkpoint on Tuesday last week. The Pattaya provincial court has approved a police request for warrants for the arrest of the duo, who face charges of colluding in murder, illegal possession of firearms and illegally carrying weapons in public, according to the Bangkok Post.

Cambodian Deputy National Police Commissioner Chhay Sinarith told Khmer Times yesterday that he was fully aware of the case, but still did not have any request from Thai authorities to take action. “We are waiting to see a detailed report and request from Thailand,” Mr. Sinarith said.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34923/thais-delay-requests-for-suspects/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 31/01

If these killers are brought back to Thailand then there will be a very high profile trial which could well bring the 'boiler room boys' activities in Thailand to the forefront of the world press. That would be a big loss of face for the authorities and Thailand in general  and could potentially implicate 'influential' Thais with the ''boiler room boys' activities. So its far more important that doesn't happen, rather than justice is seen to be done over the death of someone who isnt even a Thai. Then 'handle' the situation quietly later when its no longer in the headlines.

A good mate of mine just returned from Loas  on a visa run. He and his Thai missus were staying at a decent bungalow a little off the beaten track in Vientiene/ sala impeng and he swears that the Miles character was having breakfast in the same dining area. He heard him speaking on a mobile and looking at his laptop. My mate is completely outside of that racket and isn’t a BS’er or thrill seeker what so ever. I asked my mate why didn’t he go over and say hi, just to confirm…he said he didn’t need to, it was him DEFO

it would appear, by looking at Kenway's cover photo posted on Dec 2,

that he had connections that went ALL the way to the top, and there

is more than anecdotal evidence that a very high-ranking police official

bailed him out when he was arrested last year...

obviously, the powers that be do NOT want any more info to come out

regarding this deceased scumbag ripoff artist and the myriad boiler room gangs which are allowed to operate w/impunity by spreading around well-stuffed brown envelopes...

methinks the killers will NEVER be brought back to face justice

many more thoughts come to mind, but Article 112 and Section 44 preclude

me from articulating them here

Well if I was in the South Africans or British (the killers) shoes I would be very very worried by now, it's very easy to make people disappear permanently in Cambodia and they are perhaps reading Thaivisa forum and other news sources and they know everybody know they did it. 

If the Thais ask for them to be extradited and they admit their crime, 5 years in jail for the shooter and perhaps 2-3 years for the rider? 

Well they lay in the bed as they made it, scumbags that lure older people out of their pensions/savings, that's about as low as you can sink.

Hope all involved in Thailand will be exposed as well and their little greedy scams shown to the world.

9 hours ago, inzman said:

Big money had changed hands. These boys have protection from high up. 

Possibly or perhaps the people who were protecting the murder victim while he was

running his boiler room scam don't want any light shone on the operation from

the ex-partners/business associates that may expose them. These guys may know

a whole lot about the operation and who was involved. The Thais involved just want

these guys to disappear.

Edited by Ulic

Something is wrong here, last time we had a farang killer that escaped into Cambodia he was arrested within 48 hours.  RTP always sends a request to Cambodian police .  

But not this time , this is a serious matter with some high officials involved. The boiler rooms in Bangkok have been protected by the mafia for too long.   I am afraid the killers will escape . 

3 hours ago, supawhites said:

A good mate of mine just returned from Loas  on a visa run. He and his Thai missus were staying at a decent bungalow a little off the beaten track in Vientiene/ sala impeng and he swears that the Miles character was having breakfast in the same dining area. He heard him speaking on a mobile and looking at his laptop. My mate is completely outside of that racket and isn’t a BS’er or thrill seeker what so ever. I asked my mate why didn’t he go over and say hi, just to confirm…he said he didn’t need to, it was him DEFO

What??? Who walks over to a complete stranger just to say 'hi'?? Do you belong in the real world dude??

9 hours ago, supawhites said:

And the guy has probably had enough time to walk there while Thai authorities decide to as for help!

9 hours ago, supawhites said:

A great friend of mine just saw this story and called me. He was also there at the bungalow and saw him having breakfast. He heard him munching on a full English breakfast, scrambled eggs, extra beans. My friend has never committed murder and then escaped into hiding so I asked him why he thought he'd be eating out in open in front of other foreigners.

He said he didn't know but that it was him DEFO. He also said all white people look the same.

If the man did what has been posted,then he is slime.To rob people of their savings or any money is the action of pond life.So,if it is true,then i have no sympathy for him,and you get what you deserve,comes to mind.If it is true then he is better off dead,and deservedly so.It is better that the RTB take the 'ferang kills ferang = no interest' It is better that this guy is soon forgotten and life is left to go on.Hopefully,this will prevent him from (like the Kray brothers) becoming a latter day hero.Over time, the truth becomes distorted to suit the crime.

There is some logic in the Thai approach, a high profile approach, Interpol, mobilize the Cambodian police etc, would force the guys underground. 

If these guys think they half got away with it, they would probably start posting on FB, go out in public, use a credit card etc, and give away there location.

Call me cynical, but the killers could actually be posting in these threads, "i just saw the guy in Vietnam" etc. If I was one of these guys, I would be all over social media creating false flags.

Edited by Peterw42

On 1/31/2017 at 8:38 PM, supawhites said:

First post? bwahahahahahaha!