Buy a new car in Thailand ownership and finance

karl2007

Hi,

Thinking about buying a new car and have been to a couple dealerships but have had different advice in both on buying.

The car I am thinking about is the new Mazda 2 hatchback 1.3 high pass. I can only afford to put down the 25% and the rest will come with finance. Currently there is a 0% finance.

I currently working in an international IT company so I have my driving license, work permit and salary slips.

1 dealer said I can get the finance with my current set of documents without any problem.

Another dealer said I will need to get a local Thai person to guarantee the finance and will also co-own the car (this would be difficult)

Does anyone have any idea about this?

I suspect both are correct. 

Although you are more likely to be approved financing with a Thai Guarantor.

It may be an option to apply for both types of finance (i.e. apply before placing any deposit) and chose the option you prefer. 

Note: A Guarantor does not own the car - the Finance company owns the car until full payments have been made. The Guarantor co-owns the dept and is responsible should you fall short. 

Edited by richard_smith237

You will have problems to get the finance done without a thai involved.I tried to get the car in my own name with a finance but only some car-names would do that and ofcourse not the car I wanted.So we ended up putting it in my girlfriends name.Not my choice but the only chance for me to get the car I wanted.We asked in Mazda also but they said no finance for foreigners.Maybe it can work for you when you have a job and payslip from Thailand..Chevrolet have finance for foreigners.

Good luck

You will have problems to get the finance done without a thai involved.I tried to get the car in my own name with a finance but only some car-names would do that and ofcourse not the car I wanted.So we ended up putting it in my girlfriends name.Not my choice but the only chance for me to get the car I wanted.We asked in Mazda also but they said no finance for foreigners.Maybe it can work for you when you have a job and payslip from Thailand..Chevrolet have finance for foreigners.

Good luck

All brands have finance for foreigners.

sent using Tapatalk