Thai Immigration officers to face severe disciplinary action

webfact

Immigration officers to face severe disciplinary action

956_Saisana.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police vows severe disciplinary action on immigration police if they were found to provide convenience for Lao drug baron Xaysana Kaewpimpa.

Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Rungroj Saengkhram revealed that the Immigration Bureau has been ordered to setup a committee to investigate the disturbing development in which no records exists indicating Xaysana’s entry and departure from Thailand’s border with Laos in Loei province.

He said if any officials are found to be complicit in allowing the drug lord to enter and leave the country clandestinely they will be slapped with severe disciplinary action as well as criminal charges.

The action followed after the drug baron’s entry and departure from immigration office in Loei was not recorded.

In response to the tremendous backlash on the social media by Laotian citizens for Xaysana’s release, Pol Gen Rungroj insisted that Thai police had more than enough evidence to prosecute him.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/immigration-officers-face-severe-disciplinary-action/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-09

38 minutes ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Where did you read that?

Curious hey?

the post says "entry and departure from Thailand"

Perhaps he could have admitted to coming and going previously ( hence the comment above) whilst still being currently in custody.

good spot jerryinTH

Edited by farcanell

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Rungroj Saengkhram revealed that the Immigration Bureau has been ordered to setup a committee to investigate the disturbing development in which no records exists indicating Xaysana’s entry and departure from Thailand’s border with Laos in Loei province.

Here's the first problem. A committee within this very corrupt institution will yield nothing. Should be at least joined by outside impartial members.

The Royal Thai Police vows severe disciplinary action on immigration police if they were found to provide convenience for Lao drug baron Xaysana Kaewpimpa.

The other issue is that we all know what the misnomer "SEVERE DISCIPLINARY ACTION"  results are. Inactive post............

He said if any officials are found to be complicit in allowing the drug lord to enter and leave the country clandestinely they will be slapped with severe disciplinary action as well as criminal charges.

The action followed after the drug baron’s entry and departure from immigration office in Loei was not recorded.

Well well. If they already know that the accused's entry and exit were not recorded then why come up with this bullshit? Go to  step two and charge, try and hopefully convict and sack the corrupt officials.

I hope that in my lifetime I will see the Thai people finally get fed up with this and rise up. And demand and achieve the much needed corrective action!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad truth is I will probably witness flying pigs and hell freezing over first.

5 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Here's the first problem. A committee within this very corrupt institution will yield nothing. Should be at least joined by outside impartial members.

The other issue is that we all know what the misnomer "SEVERE DISCIPLINARY ACTION"  results are. Inactive post............

Well well. If they already know that the accused's entry and exit were not recorded then why come up with this bullshit? Go to  step two and charge, try and hopefully convict and sack the corrupt officials.

I hope that in my lifetime I will see the Thai people finally get fed up with this and rise up. And demand and achieve the much needed corrective action!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad truth is I will probably witness flying pigs and hell freezing over first.

What you will witness is the Thai Military shooting thousands of it's own people as they have done similar before with no qualms, all resistance will be squashed.

I guess he didn't stay in Thailand for 90 days, otherwise the 90 day reporting system would have had him bang to rights.

Perhaps they should change the system to make us report every 30 days, 7 days or even daily?

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

What you will witness is the Thai Military shooting thousands of it's own people as they have done similar before with no qualms, all resistance will be squashed.

Thailand’s war on drugs was carried out through collaboration between local governors and police officers. 

11 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

I'm sure there are many Laotian citizens upset, their dealer has been busted.

Do you really believe that means production has slowed down?

They might moved locations and a day later everything continues as usual. There is another leutnant in line to take his place and keep everything going.

The boss needs to be taken care of in prison and his family needs to be well cared for as well. 

Severe disciplinary action on the part of the RTP, for an immigration officer, is a conversation that goes like this: "You should not have made it so public that you are friends with this billionaire drug lord. He is well known. And he is free, and able to run his business without any interference. Of course we know why that is so. But, you should be more discreet, and not cause us embarrassment. You are making an obvious situation, look much more obvious. That caused us to lose face. You know how we feel about losing face. So, please be more careful next time. OK? Please do not have pictures taken with this guy. Hang out with him. Party with him. Do as you like, but do not post this stuff online. Please. Do not make our jobs harder".

Notice how nobody is questioning why this drug lord has not been arrested? Nobody will be punished. Nothing will change. They will simply ask him to behave himself. Drug lords with deep pockets are not punished here. Immigration and police are not punished here. Ever. 

Edited by spidermike007

21 hours ago, Oxx said:

I guess he didn't stay in Thailand for 90 days, otherwise the 90 day reporting system would have had him bang to rights.

Perhaps they should change the system to make us report every 30 days, 7 days or even daily?

With no excuses accepted and heavy fines levied for failure to report on Saturdays, Sundays and other days when immigration offices are closed, of course.