The Worst Day.

Wilsonandson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst day was when I had my life threatened and threats to kidnap my then young children at the same time as finding out my businesses had been stolen along with our home and other property and not knowing what an earth to do to protect us all. It hasn't got much better since with all the scamming cheating lawyers and others In Phuket with no justice after 7 years and my passport seized with several spurious criminal claims brought by the perpetrators desperate to accept no responsibility for their criminality. 

Can't say I have had any "Worst" days.  I have had a typical few bad days but the same as I did in the states.  I guess worst would be subjective. I have been here through the 2005 coup, yellow shirts blocking up the airport, red shirts in BKK, the flood etc. I guess the worst time was the floods of 2011.  I bailed out to ChaAm but had to leave my stuff in BKK.  

Probably during some troubled times in 2010 -- I was in the gym, when I noticed several people on treadmills as they in turn watched footage of dead bodies  in Bangkok, as if what was happening on the screens in front of them was perfectly normal. That night I had dinner in a local (Chiang Mai) restaurant close to my house and after I'd paid the bill, the owner told me to go home and stay there until the unpleasantness was over. Fortunately for me, the reality wasn't that bad, but it as a fairly bleak evening. 

The day they killed Floyd , my ten year old dog and best friend , with Rat Poison in a resort restaurant . It took him 30 minutes to die in my arms , and he suffered horribly  , while thais have been standing aroung grinning and doing nothing . I took him with me from Europe , could not leave him alone after we decided to relocate to Thailand . His transport and all the papers alone did cost me about 100000 THB . He was old and friendly , a big dog that liked to sleep a lot , very relaxed and nice character . Some Thai a**hole decided to teach the farang a lesson ... I know who it was , but I got the " You have no proof it was me " story .

The day they killed Floyd , my ten year old dog and best friend , with Rat Poison in a resort restaurant . It took him 30 minutes to die in my arms , and he suffered horribly  , while thais have been standing aroung grinning and doing nothing . I took him with me from Europe , could not leave him alone after we decided to relocate to Thailand . His transport and all the papers alone did cost me about 100000 THB . He was old and friendly , a big dog that liked to sleep a lot , very relaxed and nice character . Some Thai a**hole decided to teach the farang a lesson ... I know who it was , but I got the " You have no proof it was me " story .

Revenge is best when served up cold.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Two days before leaving Thailand for Australia in 2015, had a high temp and felt like crap. Within 2 days in Oz, was in intensive care unit in hospital. Diagnosis was pneumonia and legionnaires disease. 7 days in hospital and 3 months off work.. Was very dirty and unhygienic aircond from a reasonably cheap boutique hotel near Sukhumvit.. Now I always check the aircond filters anywhere I stay and clean if necessary. 

Baffles me why anybody would wish to know?

Life's not always a bed of roses. When you take a photo of someone it's always of them smiling. Remember the good times.

But when the sh1t hits the fan you think it's just you. You alone are being punished. Or that's what it feels like.

I want to know what people have been through. The hell on earth they have put up with. So when I'm having a bad day I can see if it really is that bad.

You know. When you sit and eat your dinner and you leave some food on your plate and your mum says "don't waste your food, think about those starving children in Africa". A sort of "It could be worse" safety blanket for a difficult time.

although it doesn't really compare to others worst days, in Jan 2007 i turned up in pattaya for my first 'big' holiday after finding

my feet on two previous visits, it was a well planned 28 day holiday that was going to be filled with fun frolics and golf, but i also arrived that day with a chest infection that never left me for the whole month !! feverish, ill, weak, also had the sore throat from hell and a colossal blister on my big toe that mysteriously appeared, spent most of the time in bed or laying down on one of the couches in my digs (*at that time a guest house that has since become a gogo on soi lk metro) where the good hearted boss regularly visited the pharmacy for my medications. what a trip!