Soldiers out in force all over Pattaya after latest damaging minivan story hits social media

webfact

2 hours ago, localczar said:

Better hope this so called army does not have to fight a real war. Chasing mini vans, invisible monks, dancing teens,...a truly elite force. Well done mr. PM.

They will despatch their submarine up the Mekong. Presently moored in the big kahuna's bath.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

So you like a situation where the public can't walk on the footpath because the vendors occupy 95% of the footpath area, forcing lots of people, often with small children to walk on the actual road amidst the fast moving intense traffic and in some areas not well lit, and the drivers can't easily see the people walking on the edge of the road (the road, not the footpath).

Come now its not all that bad..

On 2/14/2017 at 2:06 PM, elgordo38 said:

Wow confiscated his ID card talk about harsh punishment this one takes the cake candles and all. 

It wasn't a punishment, just to encourage him to make sure his driver appeared for a chat.

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I like the footpath vendors on Ram Road...I hope the vendors keep coming

back....More power to the street vendors...

As far as the mini vans go the vast majority of the mini van drivers are

hard working guys who do a good job and a few bad apples should

not make them all look bad...

You have got both of these subjects upside down Hoss .I suppose you like moto taxi drivers too

On 2/13/2017 at 2:03 PM, champers said:

Government by social media. Who'd have thought it?

Yes, given what seems to be the current lack of civilian courts, and lack of civilian police enforcing court orders, people go to the media and hope the military gets involved?

On 04/03/2017 at 3:44 PM, hobz said:

The police specialize in only one activity, and it cannot be conducted when someone is filming........

Why don't all bar owners set up secret cameras to capture their monthly 'protection' money being paid to the police extortionists?  It's now reached sleepy Bang Saray where for 2000 you get to serve beer all day without any interference from PLOD.

That would be a good start.

Last week around 5.30 pm I am driving on highway 7 direction Bangkok just past the Nongrue toll booths.

Traffic was not heavy but all lanes had cars.

At one point an old model Camry, with light blue tail lights by the way, passes over the left side hard shoulder at what I guess must have been at least 150km/h.

He continues like this for as far as I can see, however about 3 - 400 meter ahead a car of the highway police is travelling, and he passes that car as well over the hard shoulder at high speed.

The police car didn't even attempt to chase the car.

A high speed police chase on a crowded motorway? Not a good idea. If speed cameras were properly used and the penalties actually enforced, it would be far more effective.