Foreigner spared from hanging as rope breaks over major Phuket road

webfact

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

When I read this story on my phone the report mentions nothing about the Visa problems. When I read it on my computer it explains all....a different report?

Do you have a tablet or an iPad ? You should try too! :smile:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Whenever someone takes their life like this you know its not related to the stated issue.  What sane person would take their life because their visa is to be blacklisted?  Go to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines.  If you have family take them with you.  This is no reason to commit suicide.  Its indicative of a much more serious mental issue of depression or other health issue.

It is not really about "sanity" which is more of a legal than a psychiatric term. It is however, a vivid demonstration of how irrational beliefs can lead to serious depression which all-too-often can lead to suicide or other types of "acting out."   No doubt being "blacklisted" is inconvenient, more for some than for others, but it is not the end of the world.  The OP must have convinced himself that his life was over anyway, that his situation was utterly hopeless and that he was a shit who deserved to die.  These nutty ideas can be sorted out if a person is able to get quality help.  It's a pity that so many do not get help.

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

When I read this story on my phone the report mentions nothing about the Visa problems. When I read it on my computer it explains all....a different report?

the poor guy will have little or no sympathy for the vultures on TV forum.    

these ghouls will never change

hope he gets help soon and gets himself home in one piece

Edited by pumpjack

I wonder if anyone here knows how to parse a sentence.  The writer states that he killed himself because he might have been blacklisted.

Let me ponder that sentence for just a bit.  Hmmm, blacklisted is so terrible that he chose death?

Couldn't he have hung himself in Vietnam? Does this really make sense to anyone?

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

just shows how unfair the visa rules are how can you balcklist someone who overstays possibly by mistake maybe forget what date you go uot the next thing you cannot come back to thailand again so unfair i almost missed my last day and just managed to get a stamp at border on my last day  

You dont get blacklisted for a one day or a few days/weeks  overstay .

25 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

the poor guy will have little or no sympathy for the vultures on TV forum.    

these ghouls will never change

hope he gets help soon and gets himself home in one piece

I will explain why;

The chap chose to make a public spectacle of himself and to put the safety and well being of others at risk.  When he took his leap, he didn't care  about the possibility of his causing injury to others. Imagine driving a car and all of a sudden a body comes plunging down. Usually the driver will swerve, perhaps  hitting someone else, causing a multi vehicle crash and injury or killing or maiming innocent people.  I get it: The man was distraught. This does not  justify  hurting others.  

People have to respond to these incidents. Often the person who does one of these dives doesn't realize that the cord can  pull the head right off leaving  the body to land on the ground or on someone, creating a splatter that can spray out a few meters depending upon height and velocity of impact. Meanwhile the head can be catapulted elsewhere. It is traumatic for someone to be witness to that. Ever seen one of these  bodies? It leaves a lasting impression. Sometimes nightmares, sometimes  anger, sometimes a need to make bad jokes to cope which others interpret as a lack of respect. These   events are incredible acts of selfishness that are often used as a way of "punishing" people.

The people who undertake this type of event know what they are doing. They know right from wrong. People who are motivated by an end of life health crisis typically  overdose or kill themselves in their own homes. Their motivation is to end their pain and suffering and to spare others the hassle of caring for them. They need palliative care, not a  lonely way out.  On the other hand we have this kind of case. That's why I won't join the condemnation brigade.

I will explain why;
The chap chose to make a public spectacle of himself and to put the safety and well being of others at risk.  When he took his leap, he didn't care  about the possibility of his causing injury to others. Imagine driving a car and all of a sudden a body comes plunging down. Usually the driver will swerve, perhaps  hitting someone else, causing a multi vehicle crash and injury or killing or maiming innocent people.  I get it: The man was distraught. This does not  justify  hurting others.  

People have to respond to these incidents. Often the person who does one of these dives doesn't realize that the cord can  pull the head right off leaving  the body to land on the ground or on someone, creating a splatter that can spray out a few meters depending upon height and velocity of impact. Meanwhile the head can be catapulted elsewhere. It is traumatic for someone to be witness to that. Ever seen one of these  bodies? It leaves a lasting impression. Sometimes nightmares, sometimes  anger, sometimes a need to make bad jokes to cope which others interpret as a lack of respect. These   events are incredible acts of selfishness that are often used as a way of "punishing" people.

The people who undertake this type of event know what they are doing. They know right from wrong. People who are motivated by an end of life health crisis typically  overdose or kill themselves in their own homes. Their motivation is to end their pain and suffering and to spare others the hassle of caring for them. They need palliative care, not a  lonely way out.  On the other hand we have this kind of case. That's why I won't join the condemnation brigade.

Good post. The lowest of the low-downs do it in shopping centers like Central festival Pattaya last month

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

It is sad to see someone wanted to hang himself because of an overstay and being black listed but now he will be overstay for more days and the hospital cost on top of that.

The only way I see is he will have to show remorse like the Thai do and pay the overstay and get on his way home or to Cambodia. They got same  same a here girls and good weather.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I will explain why;

Again one of those useless comments...

We don't know all details about his decision. Only overstay. Maybe more reasons.

Also: if you just want to jump you might check if others will be at risk.

So be quiet unless you have something to say

The man, a German national, has since been named as 59-year-old Dr Thomas Stolzenburg from Hamburg. He is still receiving treatment in Vachira Phuket Hospital for injuries sustained from the jump.

He's expected to be jailed for over-staying his visa.  After deportation, he'll be blacklisted.  Humm, hanging would have been much better.  <head shake>

Don't ever criticize people like that .

You never know if you are the next .

It's gone more then 3 years and I still fighting with depression and i somehow learn to keep going  ....

But if all the problems hits again ??? and only sadisitic people around you....???

Remember I was very happy man whole my previous life...

You could be next.......

8 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Again one of those useless comments...

We don't know all details about his decision. Only overstay. Maybe more reasons.

Also: if you just want to jump you might check if others will be at risk.

So be quiet unless you have something to say

Reading comprehension is not your strong point. I gave an explanation of why some people are upset with an event like this. This man wanted to create a spectacle and perhaps cause pain for others.If he  was able to put together jumping off an overpass onto a busy thoroughfare, he was able to differentiate right from wrong.

Wait until you get a  body hitting your windshield causing you to lose control of your vehicle, crashing and  crippling some kid, You won't be  as full of  compassion then.  Do you have any idea  what am 80kg object on a road does to a motorbike or automobile moving with a velocity of 50kmh+?  Your comment of checking before jumping is idiotic. Traffic will not miraculously halt because someone jumped. It can take time, assuming someone  saw the event or was paying attention. This happened at night, in the dark.

Genius reasoning you have there.

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong point. I gave an explanation of why some people are upset with an event like this. This man wanted to create a spectacle and perhaps cause pain for others.If he  was able to put together jumping off an overpass onto a busy thoroughfare, he was able to differentiate right from wrong.

Wait until you get a  body hitting your windshield causing you to lose control of your vehicle, crashing and  crippling some kid, You won't be  as full of  compassion then.  Do you have any idea  what am 80kg object on a road does to a motorbike or automobile moving with a velocity of 50kmh+?  Your comment of checking before jumping is idiotic. Traffic will not miraculously halt because someone jumped. It can take time, assuming someone  saw the event or was paying attention. This happened at night, in the dark.

Genius reasoning you have there.

It happened at night. Right. And? You can see coming cars very well. why? They have head lights on.

Where is your strong point if there is any?

This man wanted to create a spectacle .....How you know? You are his friend?

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

but its looked at badly by authorities and they will be watching if it continues you will get balcklisted

No , the authorities do not care if you have overstays stamps in your PP , even if you have numerous overstay stamps .

The authorities cannot blacklist you , for having numerous overstay stamps in your passport

On 2/21/2017 at 0:53 PM, sanemax said:

No , the authorities do not care if you have overstays stamps in your PP , even if you have numerous overstay stamps .

The authorities cannot blacklist you , for having numerous overstay stamps in your passport

they have done already blacklisted lots of people for overstay , there has even been stories about it on here

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

they have done already blacklisted lots of people for overstay , there has even been stories about it on here

That wasnt what I meant .

I was talking about if you have an overstay stamp in your passport , the authorities will not look back in your passport and make an issue about an overstay stamp .

Yes, you may get blacklisted if you overstay (at the time ) but, if you dont get blacklisted for an overstay , the authorities will not blacklist you, simply for having an overstay stamp in your PP .

Once the overstay has been dealt with at the time, it will not become an issue in the future

On 2/26/2017 at 1:48 PM, sanemax said:

That wasnt what I meant .

I was talking about if you have an overstay stamp in your passport , the authorities will not look back in your passport and make an issue about an overstay stamp .

Yes, you may get blacklisted if you overstay (at the time ) but, if you dont get blacklisted for an overstay , the authorities will not blacklist you, simply for having an overstay stamp in your PP .

Once the overstay has been dealt with at the time, it will not become an issue in the future

if you overstay you wont get past that to get another stamp you will be blacklisted straight away 

14 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

if you overstay you wont get past that to get another stamp you will be blacklisted straight away 

You dont get blacklisted for a few days overstay .

I have four overstay stamps in my PP , all for 1-2 days and its really not an issue 

On 2/28/2017 at 11:47 AM, sanemax said:

You dont get blacklisted for a few days overstay .

I have four overstay stamps in my PP , all for 1-2 days and its really not an issue 

try overstay a month and see what happens bet you dare not do that ! lots of people blacklisted for overstay of 1 week and 2 weeks and 1 month not everyone is 1-2 days eh not so smart eh ?

1 minute ago, hottrader77 said:

try overstay a month and see what happens bet you dare not do that ! lots of people blacklisted for overstay of 1 week and 2 weeks and 1 month not everyone is 1-2 days eh not so smart eh ?

Stop changing the situation.

My only comment is that Thai Immigration will not blacklist you, for the sole reason of having numerous overstay stamps in your PP .

Although they may indeed blacklist you whilst applying an overstay stamp .

But, once you have that overstay stamp. it will not cause any further issue in regard to entering Thailand

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop changing the situation.

My only comment is that Thai Immigration will not blacklist you, for the sole reason of having numerous overstay stamps in your PP .

Although they may indeed blacklist you whilst applying an overstay stamp .

But, once you have that overstay stamp. it will not cause any further issue in regard to entering Thailand

it will if your overstay 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month and you go to try and re-enter you will be blaclisted regardless of what you had before , dont try to change it to your pathetic 1-2 day  try it next time and it will be my pleasure when they blacklist you , its to stop people like you abusing the system !

13 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

it will if your overstay 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month and you go to try and re-enter you will be blaclisted regardless of what you had before , dont try to change it to your pathetic 1-2 day  try it next time and it will be my pleasure when they blacklist you , its to stop people like you abusing the system !

I have never heard of anyone getting blacklisted upon entering Thailand for the reason given as previously overstayed .

Ive never even heard of anyone being refused entry into Thailand for the sole reason as having previously overstayed .

As far as Im aware, they only blacklist you if they catch you on an overstay of more than 90 days 

On 2/15/2017 at 5:49 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Seriously though, very sad that this guy decided to take his own life because he feared being blacklisted .

If he wants to commit suicide just because he's blacklisted he really got some problems.  There's more to it than just this,  lots of personal problems in the past I imagine.

Edited by balo

15 hours ago, sanemax said:

I have never heard of anyone getting blacklisted upon entering Thailand for the reason given as previously overstayed .

Ive never even heard of anyone being refused entry into Thailand for the sole reason as having previously overstayed .

As far as Im aware, they only blacklist you if they catch you on an overstay of more than 90 days 

you dont hear much then , blacklisted if you overstay a week +  and they catch you in thailand 

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

you dont hear much then , blacklisted if you overstay a week +  and they catch you in thailand 

Please stick to the subject 

We are talking about having PREVIOUS overstay stamps in your passport

We are not talking about getting caught on an overstay 

I ve stated that numerous times now, dont you read previous posts ?

On 3/3/2017 at 10:56 AM, sanemax said:

Please stick to the subject 

We are talking about having PREVIOUS overstay stamps in your passport

We are not talking about getting caught on an overstay 

I ve stated that numerous times now, dont you read previous posts ?

yes and you stated if your caught in thailand on 

overstay you will be blacklisted and that is what i have said all along glad you agree with me i knew you woyuld in the end good bye ha ha