SURVEY: Should Entertainment Establishments be allowed later closing?

Scott

Survey: Should Entertainment Establishments be allowed a to stay open to 4:00 a.m. Nationwide?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

How long does it take to get drunk? I would go out at 8 or 9pm back in the UK. Bars would shut at 11pm then its off to a club until 1-2 in the morning and that's in a major city. Phuket is hardly Pattaya, it's a small island resort. Do holiday makers and islanders want drunks walking around making noise all night.

I've been to all the major island resorts in Thailand and all are being ruined by this entertainment side. Restaurants, fire shows and whisky buckets on the beach is one thing but full blown "Walking Streets" on a small island is another.

For example here's a video of Phuket's nightlife. If you want this open all night expect to see the same.

Phuket is not a small Island , I would wager you have not seen more than 5% of it.

I remember years ago when you saw the sunrise, it was time to go home. Then again, having spent years (past tense now) living the high life, large percentage of my friends have unexpectedly left this planet due to liver abuse. So the middle road should be taken, say 2 a.m?

6 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

How long does it take to get drunk? I would go out at 8 or 9pm back in the UK. Bars would shut at 11pm then its off to a club until 1-2 in the morning and that's in a major city. Phuket is hardly Pattaya, it's a small island resort. Do holiday makers and islanders want drunks walking around making noise all night.

I've been to all the major island resorts in Thailand and all are being ruined by this entertainment side. Restaurants, fire shows and whisky buckets on the beach is one thing but full blown "Walking Streets" on a small island is another.

For example here's a video of Phuket's nightlife. If you want this open all night expect to see the same.

Frankly Idiots like that will get punchy whether the bars close at 2359, 0200 or 0600.

I think that the bar owners should be allowed to decide when they open and close.

The 7/11 cannot sell alcohol after midnight and no one questions that decision. Bars should shut at midnight too and only clubs be allowed ti open and sell alcohol until 2am. It's then time to get yourself home. Staying out all night drinking especially if your a tourist is in my opinion not a safe way to be entertained.

5 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

The 7/11 cannot sell alcohol after midnight and no one questions that decision. Bars should shut at midnight too and only clubs be allowed ti open and sell alcohol until 2am. It's then time to get yourself home. Staying out all night drinking especially if your a tourist is in my opinion not a safe way to be entertained.

You will find that more than a few people take exception to the midnight limit on alcohol sales. You will also find that many people find the 2-5 pm limit to be idiotic as well. If you look at the poll you will find the overwhelming majority of posters have voted for more liberal rules in regards to the sales of alcohol. 

To say nobody questions it is a very obtuse remark.

Well now....we all know that when it comes to nighttime entertainment activities most party hardy types of people have 2:00 AM on their mind as the usual time to go home or start heading home while others are wanting to stay up until 4 AM as part of their party hardy routine.

However, it seems that an extra 2 hours, until 4: 00 AM is like double the trouble as more people get all the more drunk and unruly and more bad things happening.

Just ask the police officers about what time the really crazy stuff happens. ....

Usually, well after midnight.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

I don't go out often, but when I worked in other countries, I traveled back to Thailand about once every 3 months.   That was years ago, and one of the nice things was that the bars were open until quite late.   It wasn't that I was such a big party animal, but I could pretty much stay on my same time schedule and go out much later and stay out later while sleeping during the day.  

Living here, it didn't make much difference because I was usually home by midnight.