Teen girl, 17, could face murder charge for aborting pregnancy

webfact

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm obviously missing something here, but are there abortion pills that work at 8 months - without seriously harming the mother?

6 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

It does exist. Even when given by accident...

I'm suprised by this - but how did this (presumably) uneducated woman know about and obtain this pill?

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm sure the god squad will have something to say about this but if abortion was legal in this country then maybe this would never had happened. 

As I was saying abortion is available at the official family planning clinics.  At least the one in Chiang Mai.  I speak from personal experience.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

And this is why abortion should be legal. Not at 8 months, but at certain point. Forget religion and worry about your own body. Put it to the public vote. If you vote no to abortion and win, you can contribute x amount of money to the women who you deny abortion rights to to help raise their kids.

I wonder if these sanctimonious pro-lifers agree with the death penalty? 

Yes, most of them do.

In fact many of them would gladly kill hospital staff doing abortions.

They all have a very warped outlook on life.

Does not take away the fact birth control pills, condoms, injections etc are available and not expensive.

54 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

And growing up in such a great school system without sexual education doesn't make it easier. 

P.S. More and more 13 year old girls are pregnant these days regarding my wife's friend, a nurse. 

I don't know what happened to her. 

Oh yes, 17 years, 11 months and 29 days a child, one day later an adult.

And certainly it is not only 13 year old girls getting pregnant, younger even.

Edited by hansnl

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Oh yes, 17 years, 11 months and 29 days a child, one day later an adult.

And certainly it is not only 13 year old girls getting pregnant, younger even.

Please, let's be fair. A 17-year-old in a village near my wife's village was pregnant a couple of years ago, but couldn't talk to her parents about it.

She went to a drug store bought all medicine that she could get to kill the "thing inside her that she didn't want" and finally killed herself and the baby.

Her parents found a bloody mess the next morning and will never get over it. At this time, there were no facebook addicts.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm still wondering how this 17 year old not only knew about a safe abortion pill (at this late stage of pregnancy), but also was able to obtain said pill.

It all sounds a bit odd to me.

In times where people sell Yabba over the internet (facebook), not too difficult to get the needed information.

And some bush doctors who only want to make some money do the rest. 

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

As I was saying abortion is available at the official family planning clinics.  At least the one in Chiang Mai.  I speak from personal experience.

Plus the illegal clinics where people can create white skin and other stuff. 

I can see a lot clearer than you.

I neither condone nor condemn because I am not in the position this girl found herself in.

17 is a kid in my view.

Certainly not an adult.

What if she'd had the baby prematurely at 7 months and killed it a month later?

Still ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

In times where people sell Yabba over the internet (facebook), not too difficult to get the needed information.

And some bush doctors who only want to make some money do the rest. 

I suppose its possible, but still v unlikely that a (presumably) uneducated 17 year old would not only research so fanatically to discover the name of the pill that would kill her unborn baby (without harming herself), but then also find a doctor willing to give her this pill.

As you mention in another post - its far more likely that she would take things that killed both her and her baby.

8 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

What if she'd had the baby prematurely at 7 months and killed it a month later?

Still ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not read second line before you quote eh.

I have not condemned nor condoned what happened here.

As to your "what ifs"... please point out where I said I supported abortion?

Please, help me out and do so , because for the life of me I can't see where I did.

Or were you trying to highlight the plight of post natal depression amongst teenage mothers left alone with a child?

Edited by Bluespunk

10 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Murder clear and simple

Not in the West where late term abortions are legal.  See.  First world countries know much better than developing countries what is murder and what isn't.  Just cut the little bugger up in the womb and it's all hunky dory.  :sleep:

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm obviously missing something here, but are there abortion pills that work at 8 months - without seriously harming the mother?

Good question are they readily available?? For any other problem they have bags of pills just floors me the antibiotics they dish out. Maybe she did not have the smarts to find where they are for sale a myriad of questions. 

27 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

All the feminists and white knight manginas jumping to her defense.  Her body, her choice.  That's right.  And she chose a late term abortion.  It's murder at 8 months.  Now her future will be the judge's choice.

I feel strange being on the same line as feminists, but I have known a girl who was in the exact same position as her and she too waited because she didn't know what to do and hesitated for too long.

Luckily, some of her friends could talk her into taking action, but it wasn't before 6 months into pregnancy.

Then, I am a little perplexed by how much importance is given by "good Christians" and other "do gooders" to the issue of abortion and its thousands of unborn victims while the same people hardly bat an eyelid at other issues costing MILLIONS of adult lives, lives for which investments such as medicine and education were already made.

strikes me as hypocritical.

24 minutes ago, manarak said:

I feel strange being on the same line as feminists, but I have known a girl who was in the exact same position as her and she too waited because she didn't know what to do and hesitated for too long.

Luckily, some of her friends could talk her into taking action, but it wasn't before 6 months into pregnancy.

Then, I am a little perplexed by how much importance is given by "good Christians" and other "do gooders" to the issue of abortion and its thousands of unborn victims while the same people hardly bat an eyelid at other issues costing MILLIONS of adult lives, lives for which investments such as medicine and education were already made.

strikes me as hypocritical.

Lot of assumptions being made here. I'm not Christian.  I'm not a do gooder.  Abortion at 8 months is wrong.  If you want to know my stance on other issues, don't assume them.  Just ask me.  

16 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I thought this was rather limited to cases of the mothers health being at serious risk or rape. Not abortion by choice.