Many constructions are left half finished since Russians left . very sad.

swissmaninthailand

Thais quite often fund the building of buildings .

By obtaining enough money to build some of the building , then selling those condos to fund the rest of the building works .

If those condos dont sell, then theres no more funds for the rest of the building work

• Like 1

Southpoint has only a handful of Cambodian working daily.  This project is taking 3-4 years to complete.  Really sad for those who put a deposit as I almost did 30 months ago.  

I know the condo market is very bad and there are very few buyer for New or resale.  My condo is listed for over a year not even one prospect. 

• Like 2

I was there last week (Golden Tulip), indeed the construction has stopped.

From the information I got, it seems that the construction company stopped working on this project and the developper is looking for a new construction firm.

Getting nervous, since I bought a unit there....hope it will resume soon.

My gut feeling is that they will not finish before 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverbird said:

I was there last week (Golden Tulip), indeed the construction has stopped.

From the information I got, it seems that the construction company stopped working on this project and the developper is looking for a new construction firm.

Construction companies usually only down tools if they do not get paid

If the developer doesnt have the money to pay the original construction company, they will not be able to get another one into complete the job

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Construction companies usually only down tools if they do not get paid

If the developer doesnt have the money to pay the original construction company, they will not be able to get another one into complete the job

Damn, this means they probably won't finish it. Already paid 65% of the whole price.

Was informed that foreign ownership is sold out and roughly 70% total sold.

I thought with such a central location it could not go wrong....sad news.

Damn, this means they probably won't finish it. Already paid 65% of the whole price.

Maybe that's where the problem lies, 49% foreign ownership sold out and only 21% of the 51% thai ownership has sold. So its the Thais, not the Russians.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, silverbird said:

That sounds like only about 50 %  of money needed to complete the project has been raised

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Everyone says: Buy a condo, buy a condo!!..

No.

What a stupid thing to do...

Maybe, maybe not. Life's just so complicated. Now, that topic gets debated a few times a year. Is this yet another CONDO GLUT thread?

Wouldnt have anything to do with dodgy developers starting projects they have no intention finishing. Fleecing as many guillable falang as they can for millions of baht upfront on a promise, then shooting through with the cash. No its the bloody Russians, case closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

it won't be long now JSixpack when we will be able to start throwing back at you some of your most infamous posts where you have totally ridiculed those that were warning of this upcoming scenario (which should have even been obvious to blind Freddy).

Our old Cassandras have been reading their tea leaves and crying in the wilderness for decades. Yes, they must be tired of waiting for righteous justice and of being laughed at. :passifier: Fortunately a broken clock must be right twice a day, eh? Keep waiting for that upcoming scenario--"the writing's on the wall"--while I enjoy myself. The main point is that those stupid, wicked Thais should be taught a lesson.

deaddoomster.jpg

Why do you immediately leap so often in defence of the condo market ?

Anyone with merely a rational, objective opinion daring to question the prophecies & doomster gospel gets labeled as partisan. "Maybe, maybe not" isn't a defense of anything OBVIOUSLY.

Now remember years ago I myself formulated the sage, street smart TVF Poster Three Primal Laws Of Survival In Thailand:

1. Never invest in anything you aren't ready to lose;

2. Never own more than you can carry with you;

3. Keep your suitcase packed at all times.

And I warned everyone to RUN! We don't know what nasty surprises are in store!

do you want to see your fellow expat's keep jumping in now that the writing is on the wall with a guaranteed loss of money?

The BBC finally put the writing on the wall! :shock1: Whew! Well, an expat may or may not lose money. Just depends on the particular situation, sigh. Moreover, even if the expat did lose money it might not matter and he might consider it well spent anyway. Many examples could be adduced from other sectors--and countries. As I noted, life's just SO complicated. :smile: 

I dont think builders want lose money and run away when it s more profitable to start another project and keep selling condo.

I remember all these new condos have started before the economic sanction right after Russian took the Crimea.

Just bad timing for everybody. Now better to buy condo already built than take the risk to buy off plan. There are just thousand and thousand of available condo all across thailand looking for buyers . seller are not lowering the price waiting 2 or 3 years. What will happen next?

Laguna 2 is finished very nice place.

9 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

All the condos in Pattaya should be finished about the time we

get the ice skating rink in Harbor mall that Joe-sixpack

promised us or a much improved promenade on beach road

that we are still waiting for.... 

As I've noticed over the years, you do seem to have a problem with lying--cf. the "boarded up shops" in Central--but, as it's resorted to so often here on the forum, we have trained counselors standing by to help you overcome it. I'll suggest one render needful assistance for you if you continue lying about what I said or didn't say.