Don't behave like a baby, don't floss your teeth in public. Etc.

I don't want to sound rude or impolite , but some old farangs here in Thailand behave like a child or even like baby .

I see guys licking the lid of their coffee(showing their ugly tongue to everyone) or saying "yami " or imitating the sound of a wolf when they see something expensive, or making immature noise with their mouth. Do they think that people around are amused.?

I saw a farang flossing his teeth at the Tesco food store. That is gross.

Some guys are touching the food with dirty fingers, some guys never clean hands... .( This is why I don't buy unpacked food like croissant.)

Have you seen another example of guys like that?

when i am in thailand i don't specially look at other farangs...... 1) because there aren't where i stay and 2) i am not interrested in when i  ve the opportunity (not so often) shopping to the big c or tesco  in prasat/surin..... 

Talking loudly in public about your "international investment portfolio". We can see through you,

And asking strangers for money. You might need those few bummed baht for dental work.

It is reasonable not to act in a way that afffects others adversely.  Load behavior or throwing things around could be part of this.  Licking a lid has no adverse affect on the other person so the correct thing for them to do is ignore it as objecting is going to affect the licker adversly.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

I see some young falangs acting like total dicks as well, walking around inside Tescos with their shirt off exposing some flabby flesh and ugly tattoos.

Yeah, ugly ignorant <removed>:shock1:

Why don't you explain the problem to the gentlemen concerned, rather than gossiping about it here?

I always appreciate advice on where my behaviour falls short of other people's expectations

SC

Fortunately it's a minority of Farangs that display such behaviour.

As for the Thai's, they don't care much, they are very tolerant, like: "as long as he spends his money here......."

Let's not forget: Thailand (Pattaya) is still a bargain, compared to other international "Tropical-Resorts". So, inevitably, it attracts a certain amount of visitors, that would be classified as "white-trash" in their home country.

But as said, this is a minority and one is well advised to do as Thai's do: Stay away from them and ignore them.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, swissmaninthailand said:

Lick the back of a yogurt lid or licking the cup like a dog until it' s totally dry is very immature. We have spoon for that.

I have seen guys licking their plate after finishing eating.

Personally, I find that looking the other way saves me from witnessing this sort of unholy behaviour.

If you can't look away - much like the people who slow down when passing a gory traffic accident - then you only have yourself to blame if your retinas burn out.

I liked you much better when you were posting your famous videos (cheap condos, quiet fans, building sites, etc.). Maybe you should make one about elderly chaps licking yoghurt pot lids.

Just now, chickenslegs said:

Personally, I find that looking the other way saves me from witnessing this sort of unholy behaviour.

If you can't look away - much like the people who slow down when passing a gory traffic accident - then you only have yourself to blame if your retinas burn out.

I liked you much better when you were posting your famous videos (cheap condos, quiet fans, building sites, etc.). Maybe you should make one about elderly chaps licking yoghurt pot lids.

That would be great.  With great long slobbering tongues, and a bit of drooling.

Set live on location in McDonalds, Nakhon Nowhere

For artistic effect, it would be better if he were to take his false teeth out first.

Maybe he could have his wife on one knee, and his mother-in-law on the other, and her mother stood behind him.

Yes, too many farangs do things here that they would never dream of doing in their native country. If I may make an appeal for everyone to use deodorant, shower daily, and wash your clothes frequently--too many are apparently not doing any of these 3 things.  Seriously, some farangs stink so bad you can tell where they have been walking in a store by the bad smell that lingers.  I pity their wives/girlfriends.

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, too many farangs do things here that they would never dream of doing in their native country. If I may make an appeal for everyone to use deodorant, shower daily, and wash your clothes frequently--too many are apparently not doing any of these 3 things.  Seriously, some farangs stink so bad you can tell where they have been walking in a store by the bad smell that lingers.  I pity their wives/girlfriends.

If you are a dirty, smelly grub in Thailand, the odds are that you were in your home country as well. People don't change habits like cleanliness just because they move to another country.

12 minutes ago, newnative said:

I notice a lot more filthy, dirty, smelly farangs here than back in my home country.  I feel sick when I see a guy in dirty stained clothes, with his greasy hair plastered to his balding head, yellow teeth and dirty finger nails. 

I think some people simply give up when they move out here and get too lazy to even do basic washing their bodies. I have no understanding of how they Thai partners can stand to be near them, let alone in the same bed. 

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you are a dirty, smelly grub in Thailand, the odds are that you were in your home country as well. People don't change habits like cleanliness just because they move to another country.

True. With regard to actions, I was thinking more about things like farangs parading around shirtless exposing their huge bellies that look like they are nine months pregnant with quintuplets.  Where I lived in the USA it would  be rare to see a male walking around shirtless no matter how hot the weather.

31 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I notice a lot more filthy, dirty, smelly farangs here than back in my home country.  I feel sick when I see a guy in dirty stained clothes, with his greasy hair plastered to his balding head, yellow teeth and dirty finger nails. 

I think some people simply give up when they move out here and get too lazy to even do basic washing their bodies. I have no understanding of how they Thai partners can stand to be near them, let alone in the same bed. 

Leopards don't change their spots.