Sickening: Dog owner in Chonburi claims three year old girl bit his dog, so it attacked her

webfact

Sickening: Dog owner in Chonburi claims three year old girl bit his dog, so it attacked her

3am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CHONBURI: -- Horrific pictures of a horrible dog attack on a three year old girl have sickened people on the internet.

But now it has emerged that the owner of the dog that left "Nong Cartoon" needing a dozen stitches and emergency surgery has claimed his animal attacked her because she started it, Daily News reported.

He told police that she bit the dog, the father has said.

Pictures of Cartoon were posted on Facebook on the page of "Lek Langpetch" following the March 2nd attack.

Father Wanwichai Eung-sawang,27, said his little daughter was playing alone behind their house in Muang district of Chonburi. The family owns several dogs but they were not around when a neighbor's dog got out and attacked his daughter without warning.

2am1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

She was bitten all over her face and was lucky not to be blinded in her right eye. She needed a total of twelve stitches in three locations on her cheek, around her eye and under her chin. She was seriously bruised around her right eye and rushed to hospital following the attack.

Wanwichai said that at first the neighbor said he would take responsibility but after several hospital visits and the need for cosmetic surgery to avoid his daughter being scarred for life, Wanwichai said the neighbor had made no more contact with him.

Wanwichai had earlier reported the matter to Chonburi police.

Now Daily News reported that the online community were shocked to hear claims from Wanwichai that the neighbor has subsequently gone to the police himself to counterclaim that the little girl was responsible for biting the dog causing the attack.

Many Thais online were outraged after this latest attack by a dog and the reaction of the owner in the case.

Last week a man in Bung Karn was mauled and killed by three Rottweiler dogs that attacked him when he was out trapping rats in a field. The owner settled the civil case by paying 140,000 baht to the victim's family.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-09

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If just every person that want´s to have a dog in the world, took care of it in a responsible manor.
Just say we love dogs, doesn´t work anymore. I dog should be kept in a leach and put in a closed secure place at the time the owner can´t be there and control it.

End of story! Period! Just for the little weasel to pay up the chunk of money to fix up the girl, and also a big chunk as compensation.

Should a 3 year old be left alone in the first place? Ignorant parents. No excuse for a dog attack though. Also it is possible the little girl bit the dog first as little ones tend to bite while teething.

Bad parental care in my eyes.

However I do wish her a good recovery.

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Thainess at its best ... perhaps the little toddler made the dog "lose face". She's lucky the dog didn't get its mates in the Soi to join in!

This is Thailand!:wai:

Wouldn't happen in my Soi, where the street dogs and the dogs with owner garding a house are big enemies.

There must be a story behind this Attack, is there a CCTV which can show how this can happen.
Different people have different ideas or thinking but what is right and what is wrong no one can tell unless there is a proof. To me both of the dog owner and kid parents need to have the same responsibilities for this.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

14 minutes ago, Anthony Loh said:

There must be a story behind this Attack, is there a CCTV which can show how this can happen.
Different people have different ideas or thinking but what is right and what is wrong no one can tell unless there is a proof. To me both of the dog owner and kid parents need to have the same responsibilities for this.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Dogs are not meant to bite people and if they do they are considered dangerous. Domesticated dogs are meant to be able to take a bit of punishment without reacting violently, otherwise no family would feel safe having one with their children. A 3 year old girl is hardly capable of provoking this kind of reaction from a dog deemed safe to live among humans. This is the owner's responsibility and the girl is the victim. 

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Thainess at its best ... perhaps the little toddler made the dog "lose face". She's lucky the dog didn't get its mates in the Soi to join in!

This is Thailand!:wai:

Making a counter allegation (claim) is a tactic not confined to Thailand.....stupid and all as this one is.

Edited by dotpoom

Car accidents, people run, gun shootings, people run, gang violence, people run, violence in general, people run. No one takes responsibility until the camera footage comes out and it is put on social media and then the opposite story comes out ie the lies begin. As a Buddhist, I was never taught to act this way and I cannot believe the level of deceit. And of course, in Thailand, the answer to the problems when caught, MONEY. This is the root of the problems in the country.

The biggest problem in these situations is that the dog owner seriously thinks he has a case.

The simplicity and 'shove it' away mentality is cause for  serious concern for any inhabitant in this country.

Children alike.

On the other hand my ex in UK has a faint scar on her lip that she got from the family pet dog when she was about 4 years old. She bit the little dogs ear while playing with the dog and it just reacted and snapped. Never bitten anyone before in it's life and never did afterwards.

Yeah! I'm sure a bite from a 3 year old is sufficient to send a dog in to a frenzy!

Regardless of if there was any provocation, the owner is to blame, for not training his dog as a puppy NOT TO BITE.

I have had my dog 9 years, and he learned it real fast. It isn't difficult.

2 hours ago, remobb said:

Should a 3 year old be left alone in the first place? Ignorant parents. No excuse for a dog attack though. Also it is possible the little girl bit the dog first as little ones tend to bite while teething.

Bad parental care in my eyes.

However I do wish her a good recovery.

There seems to be an epidemic on here of posters blaming the victim in many crimes.  Now dog mauls a three year old girl and it is the little girl's and her parents' fault.  Unbelievable !  Had it been your daughter, who or what would you have blamed?  

I think there is a big difference between a pet dog brought up by a responsible owner and a street dog that is just allowed to run wherever it wants.

Around my area we have about three dogs that appear every so often and it's clear by their attitude that they have never had any training and probably don't even get fed properly.

The sight of the three of them at the end of the Soi is enough to stop people walking down the Soi and even as a dog lover I can see no reason why these three should not be caught and put to sleep. If that happened I'm sure some idiot would appear and complain that his 'pets' had been destroyed.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Dogs are not meant to bite people and if they do they are considered dangerous. Domesticated dogs are meant to be able to take a bit of punishment without reacting violently, otherwise no family would feel safe having one with their children. A 3 year old girl is hardly capable of provoking this kind of reaction from a dog deemed safe to live among humans. This is the owner's responsibility and the girl is the victim. 

Sorry but you are so wrong... my 2 dogs love my 2 and 3 year old but, should my children be too rough with them, they will snap (not bite) them scaring the kids away... This was not the girls family dog... It was let loose and at her house. It is possible the girl provoked the dog. This doesn't change the responsibilities away from the owner though. Nor does it remove any responsibility from her parents who should have been more careful watching their kid outside. 

10 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Sorry but you are so wrong... my 2 dogs love my 2 and 3 year old but, should my children be too rough with them, they will snap (not bite) them scaring the kids away... This was not the girls family dog... It was let loose and at her house. It is possible the girl provoked the dog. This doesn't change the responsibilities away from the owner though. Nor does it remove any responsibility from her parents who should have been more careful watching their kid outside. 

I am well aware the dog belonged to a neighbour but that does alter the fact that it was domesticated not stray. Yes dogs may snap, but as I stated here, they do not afflict the type of wounds this girl received. A warning snap may have been appropriate but not savage bites requiring stitches to the face and cosmetic surgery.