I was assaulted in Walking street. Help

ksi2

1 minute ago, thurien said:

funny - though this happened only a few hours ago you don't suffer a hangover at all, you almost wrote a book about your misfortune (no mis-spell, no grammar mistakes) ... I think you anticipated already about a week ago what was going to happen - just to be on the safe side you started your story book at that time - lots of hindsight ... thanks anyway for pure fiction

Seriously, dude? You don't think tourists don't ever get assaulted by security thugs on Walking Street? 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what seriously bad advice given here. Most of the guys giving you advice here would be the same lot that would blame the girl for being raped because she was wearing a short skirt! 
You were assaulted in an unprovoked attack and have witnesses to verify your story. Absolutely you should report the guy as this sort of thing happens far too much in this country. Currently there is a big thing from both the police, tourism board and top politicians to 'clean up' Thailand's image for tourism purposes and Pattaya is very high up on the list. There's been a lot of some very bad publicity recently so hopefully you will get justice or at the very least this violent thug will lose his job. You did nothing seriously wrong so stand by your principals, go find the idiot that did it and get some justice. You never know; you might just be saving someone else from getting a lot worse from the same person.  

*Principles

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Drink more and stay out until 5 AM tomorrow 

That's not normally like you, Mary.

yes dude... report the incident... but it won't help you, although it might help the next guy (or the one after)... the only win here is that someone else may benefit from your misfortune.

Sorry very poor bitter advice here that i did not expect! I don't see how slippers or an arab bar has any relevance to it? How can jumping over a small advertising hoarding to get to walking street be deserving of a punch to the face? Had i actually done something wrong, fine.. feel free to kick my head in? There are other ways to deal with problems rather than being a violent brute. I followed some of the good advice here and went to file a police report. A nice American police officer took my story down, a copy of my passport and gave me a copy of the police report. He also mentioned that regardless of what happened, a unprovoked punch to the face was unacceptable. They also gave me a number to call incase i see the guy again, which is very likely as he was obviously security at the bar.  If anyone sees this thread in future, it would be better to make a police report. I might not get justice but atleast it could prevent someone else from being attacked again. Had someone else not been there then it could have turned into something even more serious. God forbid anyone one you ends up in this situation in future and to those that say forget it..what if it was a older gentleman in the same position, somebody less capable of taking a punch and ended up in serious pain? What if the security guard now feels emboldened and the next guy to come along gets it even worse? 

Edited by ksi2

Yeah, you were lucky. There was no blood. 

I am cynical based on realism. 

If there is a financial dispute between a Thai and a foreigner the "tourist police" will advise you (correctly) to just pay the money  or at best negotiate it down even if you are 100 percent in the right, and can prove it.

Again, not Kansas. 

1 hour ago, thurien said:

funny - though this happened only a few hours ago you don't suffer a hangover at all, you almost wrote a book about your misfortune (no mis-spell, no grammar mistakes) ... I think you anticipated already about a week ago what was going to happen - just to be on the safe side you started your story book at that time - lots of hindsight ... thanks anyway for pure fiction

Why would i make this up? I can send a copy of the police report if you would like?

On 2017/3/8 at 6:08 PM, ksi2 said:

Yes, i always pay. It was nothing to do with the bar i was leaving. There was a advertising hoarding seperating the arab bar and a african type bar. Obviously it was stupid to do it in the first place, but the bar was not empty and walking street still had many people there. It was just a case of security being violent when the situation did not call for it. Im not Arab(British) just felt like chilling in the bar as they were showing football at the time. A nice arab man came to my rescue though and told the police what happened. I get that I'm not particularly smart for being about at the time, it doesnt excuse the violent approach to security when the situation absolutely did not call for it. Looking around on the internet, it appears this happens fairly often, probably will make a report in a few hours.

If you consult a Tarot card reader, She would in random pick a card which shows "A young man with a rope round his neck hanging " & the card says "Youthful Folly".

She will say to you "Don't take risk, you may die young".

Just now, ksi2 said:

Why would i make this up? I can send a copy of the police report if you would like?

People sometimes do make up stuff here, but I saw nothing in your posts that pointed to that, so basically that dude was just provoking for fun times. Kind of sick. 

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

Forget it, move on.  

Good suggestion.

and if you really do enjoy spending your nights at walking street, you better get out of there before 2:00 AM safely while it is still crowded. 

Bangkok offers much better spots than Pattaya, the sin creapy city.

pattaya is a gang land and city of trouble.

And no jump anymore. 555

Edited by Foozool

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Lesson learned, move on.  

The odds that something favorable to you will result are outweighed by the chances that you'll end up either frustrated (best case), or worse off than you are already.

Sucks, but that's the way it is.

What was his lesson?

Don't jump over a divider or you'll get punched in the face?

Don't walk around Walking Street at 4 am drunk or you'll get punched in the face?

There was no lesson here. It was an unprovoked, violent attack.

Your advice is sound. It's a total waste of time trying to take this any further. Nothing will come of it. Court cases take many months and the OP won't be around to attend.

"it was unprovoked "

No, you jumped over the divider while drunk. You came back after he pushed you so he thinks you want a problem.

You should have let go of the 10 cents slipper and gone home. Now the police have to investigated because of your drunk antics?

Just unlucky. You didn't do much wrong and didn't deserve what you got. But this stuff can happen anywhere not just Thailand. I've been walking round Pattaya many times drunk at 6am and nothing happened to me whatsoever. 

The UK is much more violent at pub kick out time. Just forget about it and get your butt back out there and enjoy yourself.

8 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"it was unprovoked "

No, you jumped over the divider while drunk. You came back after he pushed you so he thinks you want a problem.

You should have let go of the 10 cents slipper and gone home. Now the police have to investigated because of your drunk antics?

The boy made an error of judgement ....................... cut him some slack,

Some of these replies are nonsensical. Ypu were assaulted- report to the police and let them investigate. Never go to walking street again and if I were you I would never return to Pattaya. Thailand has much to offer but not in Pattaya. This is one reason why in a few years Walking Street will be history... There is just too much hassle for foreign visitors and the Thai system to deal with. That is why the powers to be will gentrify the place and get rid of the GoGo's and the security scum who violate the rights of visitors. 

He made no error in judgement- he is on vacation and was brutally attacked by people who have absolutely no authority to uphold any law or breach. The security were absolutely wrong and loking for a reason to hurt someone who was coming to Thaiuland for enjoyment. It is no wonder now so many people are giving the country a miss and the government has to offer free visas. Until the police stop this nonsense- business will continue to suffer. Why come to Thailand to get punched in the face over something like this?  The demise of Walking Street is coming and for one I will not miss it. The security  staff who keep doing this kind of crap will be back in Issan planting rice for the next crop.

Edited by Thaidream

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I finally got home around 4.30 this morning after a night out with mates. I had walked all over the place since our bar hopping ended around 2 AM but I still hadn't sobered up enough to drive home any earlier... so I walked some more. Guess what?

Nothing happened!!

That's way too dull to be any sort of epitaph so I guess I will have to try harder next time.

Sorry to hear of your uneventful night. You might consider joining up with the OP "next time". He seems to know how to increase the activity (perhaps not in a positive/welcome way) without really trying. Alternatively, you could just go to the Arab area and look for a divider between two bars which leads into walking street and jump over the divider (hopefully with security guards close by), and wait for a few minutes for events to develop worthy of an epitaph. Either way, enjoy it and stay safe!

He made no error in judgement- he is on vacation and was brutally attacked by people who have absolutely no authority to uphold any law or breach. The security were absolutely wrong and loking for a reason to hurt someone who was coming to Thaiuland for enjoyment. It is no wonder now so many people are giving the country a miss and the government has to offer free visas. Until the police stop this nonsense- business will continue to suffer. Why come to Thailand to get punched in the face over something like this?  The demise of Walking Street is coming and for one I will not miss it. The security  staff who keep doing this kind of crap will be back in Issan planting rice for the next crop.

Would you believe in fairies just because somebody told you they saw one?

Don't be a fool!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

The only fool is those who go to Walking Street and expect to be treated with dignity and respect. the man spent money on the street and because he did something they did not like he was assaulted.  Any bar, city or other that expects to attract visitors simply cannot assault their patrons.  Had this been my bar- I would have fired the security staff on the spot. You open a bar to make money- not to become the subject of debate on why your staff is assaulting your customers.  Walking street is in its death throes and this is one of the reasons why the powers to be will continue to harass the street until it dies a natural death. Hope the security enjoys planting rice or working in the rubber tree forests because that where they are headed.

1 hour ago, ksi2 said:

Sorry very poor bitter advice here that i did not expect! I don't see how slippers or an arab bar has any relevance to it? How can jumping over a small advertising hoarding to get to walking street be deserving of a punch to the face? Had i actually done something wrong, fine.. feel free to kick my head in? There are other ways to deal with problems rather than being a violent brute. I followed some of the good advice here and went to file a police report. A nice American police officer took my story down, a copy of my passport and gave me a copy of the police report. He also mentioned that regardless of what happened, a unprovoked punch to the face was unacceptable. They also gave me a number to call incase i see the guy again, which is very likely as he was obviously security at the bar.  If anyone sees this thread in future, it would be better to make a police report. I might not get justice but atleast it could prevent someone else from being attacked again. Had someone else not been there then it could have turned into something even more serious. God forbid anyone one you ends up in this situation in future and to those that say forget it..what if it was a older gentleman in the same position, somebody less capable of taking a punch and ended up in serious pain? What if the security guard now feels emboldened and the next guy to come along gets it even worse? 

Just go there make photo of him get his name..tell him u will press charges..why was the bar even open at 4 ?was this in a happy zone?

23 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Some of these replies are nonsensical. Ypu were assaulted- report to the police and let them investigate. Never go to walking street again and if I were you I would never return to Pattaya. Thailand has much to offer but not in Pattaya. This is one reason why in a few years Walking Street will be history... There is just too much hassle for foreign visitors and the Thai system to deal with. That is why the powers to be will gentrify the place and get rid of the GoGo's and the security scum who violate the rights of visitors. 

Actually, some of the replies have been harsh but not necessarily inappropriate.  The guy was drunk--he had no idea why he got punched in the face.  He could have said something to provoke the guy.  Fact is, I've been in Thailand 10+ years and no security guard (or any Thai for that matter) has ever just walked up to me and punched me in the face.  Why is that you think?  Nevermind.

My advice to the kid would be similar to what John Wayne said....

John Wayne_Life's hard.jpg

Excellent point the bar cannot be open past 2 AM unless attached to or associated with a hotel. The OP might want to take the police with him to negotiate his compensation payment and the bar will pay unless it wants to be closed. 

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Wow, what seriously bad advice given here. Most of the guys giving you advice here would be the same lot that would blame the girl for being raped because she was wearing a short skirt! 

You were assaulted in an unprovoked attack and have witnesses to verify your story. Absolutely you should report the guy as this sort of thing happens far too much in this country. Currently there is a big thing from both the police, tourism board and top politicians to 'clean up' Thailand's image for tourism purposes and Pattaya is very high up on the list. There's been a lot of some very bad publicity recently so hopefully you will get justice or at the very least this violent thug will lose his job. You did nothing seriously wrong so stand by your principals, go find the idiot that did it and get some justice. You never know; you might just be saving someone else from getting a lot worse from the same person.  

When you mention that "Currently there is a big thing from both the police, tourism board and top politicians to 'clean up' Thailand's image for tourism purposes and Pattaya is very high", i think it also means that they want to keep out drunks who loiter the streets at 4am making nuisance and asking for trouble.

Completely wrong- what they want is bars to close on time; the security to not take the law into their hands; give customers the benefit of the doubt when they are visitors and spending money.  The bars are killing business by their attitude and this is depressing the overall Pattaya economy.  It is one ofthe reasons Walking Street is on borrowed time. Money talks in Thailand and the Thai business community can make a lot more money from middle class Thais and Chinese then from bars who assault their customers.  As I mentioned- plenty of work in the rice fields and rubber tree forests making 300 Baht per day. The security and bar staff will soon be there. They can assault the snakes and rodents while planting rice.

There has to be more to this story!

Be thankful you are alive and forget about it.  

Police have more important jobs then listening to person that was drunk and out when he shouldn't have been.

You will not make it another year if you don't use common sense in a foreign country.

If I walk down the street with a fistful of $100 bills hanging out of my shirt pocket, I have made an error in judgment, regardless of how wrong the guy is who robs me.

This guy was drunk and wandering around Pattaya, crossing barriers (?) at 4:30 in the morning.  That was an error in judgment, regardless of how wrong the buttwads were that assaulted him. 

To believe otherwise is to live in a world where we are random victims with absolutely nothing we can do to decrease our chances of being the next one attacked.  

I reject that notion.  

It sounds to me like a racist attack.  There are some Thais who hate farang, so any excuse to harm one is opportunity for them.    p.s. I've resided in Thailand nearly 20 yrs and have been visiting for over 30.  It's rare that a Thai will attack a farang for no reason, but not unheard of.

6 minutes ago, Kabula said:

There has to be more to this story!

Be thankful you are alive and forget about it.  

Police have more important jobs then listening to person that was drunk and out when he shouldn't have been.

You will not make it another year if you don't use common sense in a foreign country.

Yer... right... police have more important things to do than their job.... part of which, is protecting people.

especially in pattaya, where there is a push to make it safer for tourists.... I think this therefore qualifies both as doing their duty, whilst servicing the current edit to make pattaya safer... two birds, one stone.

11 hours ago, ksi2 said:

Yes, i always pay. It was nothing to do with the bar i was leaving. There was a advertising hoarding seperating the arab bar and a african type bar. Obviously it was stupid to do it in the first place, but the bar was not empty and walking street still had many people there. It was just a case of security being violent when the situation did not call for it. Im not Arab(British) just felt like chilling in the bar as they were showing football at the time. A nice arab man came to my rescue though and told the police what happened. I get that I'm not particularly smart for being about at the time, it doesnt excuse the violent approach to security when the situation absolutely did not call for it. Looking around on the internet, it appears this happens fairly often, probably will make a report in a few hours.

Perhaps you should consider that many / all bars in Pattaya and similar places  have an ongoing daily problem of patrons not paying their bills and trying to flee. Sadly par for the course in this location. 

Fair or not fair, maybe that's what generated the actions of the security guard.

Think about it.