Ex-minister denies role in THAI, Rolls-Royce scandal

webfact

Ex-minister denies role in THAI, Rolls-Royce scandal
By The Nation

56c335f46648fa043ce00ca0b011f433.jpeg

Vichet Kasemthongsri, deputy transport minister of the Thaksin government in 2003

NACC chief insists senior Thaksin administration official linked to bribery allegations, among 26 people of interest

BANGKOK: -- A FORMER deputy transport minister in the Thaksin Shinawatra administration has denied playing a role in the bribery scandal involving Thai Airways International (THAI) and Rolls- Royce Plc of the UK as Thailand's National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) this week kicks off its plan to question two former ministers and 24 others in connection with the controversial case.

Vichet Kasemthongsri, deputy transport minister of the Thaksin government in 2003, said he was surprised to be named as one of the 26 persons of interest who will be invited by the NACC for questioning in connection with the bribery scandal which took place in 2004 and 2005.

During that period, Vichet said he had not been assigned to supervise THAI, a state enterprise under the Transport Ministry, so he had not played a role in the alleged wrongdoing.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308803

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-13

Of course! Everybody is saying, "It wasn´t me!", before they are handed evidence that are so extensive so they have to make a wai, say sorry and plead guilty.
After that everything goes quick. 1 month in jail, and a fine of 3000 Bath! Next Case!

Who would have thought that an upstanding and totally innocent fine person like Taksin, would have been having, and associating, with possible criminals and corrupted people like this in his government.

What do they expect from him??

Yes i was involved, how do you think i paid for 3 mansions, 3 Mercedes, 3 mai nois.

Of course he will deny it, problem now is to follow the money trail.

Before this case started, how much money did he have, and after how much money.

In Thailand, when you're accused, do the sergeant Schultz routine,

"I know nothing, I see nothing, and it's not me, it's him..."

from what I have witnessed over the years, it seems to work just

fine....

During that period, Vichet said he had not been assigned to supervise THAI, a state enterprise under the Transport Ministry, so he had not played a role in the alleged wrongdoing.

So, if he had been assigned to supervise THAI he would have been up to his elbows in illicit gains? His sole stated reason for not being involved is that it wasn't his job, not his moral upbringing or his religion or obviously not his scruples.

Would anyone expect anything other than a denial statement? 

1 hour ago, whatawonderfulday said:

guilty by association.  Defamation law suit should follow soon if he is telling the truth

He doesn't even need to be telling the truth under the Thai defamation laws.

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

So, if he had been assigned to supervise THAI he would have been up to his elbows in illicit gains? His sole stated reason for not being involved is that it wasn't his job, not his moral upbringing or his religion or obviously not his scruples.

And in any case, even if he wasn't assigned to anything Thai Inter, still a good chance to get a share of the big or any spoils.

4 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

So if someone accused you of being involved in a massive fraud, which happened in a procurement for an organization that was nothing to do with you at the time rather than state the simple fact that you weren't involved. weren't connected or anything to do with that organization you'd going into a diatribe about your personal morals, ethics and religion?

Glad you'll never be my attorney.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

And in any case, even if he wasn't assigned to anything Thai Inter, still a good chance to get a share of the big or any spoils.

J'accuse!

Must be guilty because someone accused him, and he was a member of both a Thaksin and a Yingluck government.

Frightening. The "no smoke without fire" don't bother with any evidence, guilty until proven innocent attitudes that now prevail.

7 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

guilty by association.  Defamation law suit should follow soon if he is telling the truth

The junta is on a witch hunt. This gives them the opportunity to round up more of the Thaksin regime. Its a gift from the Gods. 

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Of course! Everybody is saying, "It wasn´t me!", before they are handed evidence that are so extensive so they have to make a wai, say sorry and plead guilty.
After that everything goes quick. 1 month in jail, and a fine of 3000 Bath! Next Case!

Who would have thought that an upstanding and totally innocent fine person like Taksin, would have been having, and associating, with possible criminals and corrupted people like this in his government.

All the thai investigators have to do is either wait until The UK has their trail over the bribery during the sales or get the names of all persons involved in the transactions via "The freedom of information Act" that The UK government has in place.Either way I am sure that since it was a very large amount of money even the "Big Boys" involved here was known by The Roles Royce people as they would not have trusted their subordinates to collect for them.

Just now, sanukjim said:

All the thai investigators have to do is either wait until The UK has their trail over the bribery during the sales or get the names of all persons involved in the transactions via "The freedom of information Act" that The UK government has in place.Either way I am sure that since it was a very large amount of money even the "Big Boys" involved here was known by The Roles Royce people as they would not have trusted their subordinates to collect for them.

Such information can always disappear on it´s way to Thailand. Actually every time they try to send it, and disregarding the way they choose to send it. LOL

People working for the government as ministers or whatever should not denie anything as they are always involved as nothing is running without involvement of the Government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So if someone accused you of being involved in a massive fraud, which happened in a procurement for an organization that was nothing to do with you at the time rather than state the simple fact that you weren't involved. weren't connected or anything to do with that organization you'd going into a diatribe about your personal morals, ethics and religion?

Glad you'll never be my attorney.

You are absolutely correct, I was wrong. In this case the more believable excuse would, of course, be "I didn't steal anything because I never had the opportunity". That was the basically the alibi that he presented and you were absolutely correct in pointing out that it sounds more likely than a principled  response.

Archived