Ford tempts buyers with promotions for Bangkok motor show

Ford tempts buyers with promotions for Bangkok motor show

By The Nation

Ford will offer special promotions on its full line-up of vehicles during the 38th Bangkok International Motor Show from March 29.

Offers at the show, to be held at the Impact Arena in Muang Thong Thani and ending on April 9, include zero interest and one year of insurance for the Ford Everest and Ford Ranger Wildtrak models. 

Buyers of the Ford Ranger Open Cab & Double Cab XLT and FX4 can receive an interest rate of 0.99 per cent with a 25 per cent deposit and monthly instalments for 48 months. They also will have a year of insurance cover.

For buyers of the Ford Ranger Open Cab XL+, they can make a Bt.29,000 down payment or monthly instalments starting at Bt.7,999 and receive a year of insurance for the Ford Ranger Open Cab XL+

Ford EcoSport buyers can pay Bt699,000, with monthly instalments starting at Bt5,999 and a year of insurance.

For the Ford Focus Sport, buyers can pay Bt999,000 and get a year of insurance.

The discounts at the motor show will also be available at Ford dealerships.

Ford’s booth will highlight its “Built Ford Tough’”Ranger pick-up line-up, including the Ranger Wildtrak and its six new variants – two Ranger FX4 variants featuring a sporty new look with premium features, and four additional Ranger XL and XLS variants – that respond to customer needs with “extraordinary value”.

Ford will also showcase the Everest, which the company says has redefined consumer expectations for a mid-sized SUV with its design and refined interior, advanced driver-assist technologies, off-road capability and on-road comfort.

Visitors can also view the EcoSport, Ford’s compact SUV with a spacious cabin for versatility and comfort as well as rear seat folding capabilities for storage. Ford says the model high value for money, and is also compatible with E85 petrol.

Other models on display will include the new Ford Focus with a 1.5L EcoBoost Turbo engine which delivers 180 Horsepower and 240 Nm of torque, advanced technologies and a refreshed design.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/30309943

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-22

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just buy a manual trans, no problems there :)

Not true we were at ford for a ongoing auto trans problem started at 18 months old and still not fixed at 53 months on the 22/03/2017

A employee there told us about his uncles problem with a manual transmission , it stopped working the day after he took delivery of his new truck and has not been fixed properly to date 

You could not give me a ford, as soon as the five years are up in September 2017 we will be getting rid of our ranger for the best cash offer , even if they eventually end up fixing the auto transmission problem it has by then which is possible but i will not hold my breath waiting for it to happen

If we buy a new pickup truck it will be a Toyota or Isuzu which both have good reputations for service, parts supply, warranty claims and reliability in Thailand which ford does not have and has not had for many years from what our Thai neighbors have told us 

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Just Guarantee the transmission will

be trouble free for at least 90k km or

replaced within a week if necessary.

Ford service has gone downhill in the

last few years.

Sure they will guarantee that, just as they have guaranteed that in case of any issues they will make sure your problems will be sorted.

But promises are made easily, doing something may be a different story.

19 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Not true we were at ford for a ongoing auto trans problem started at 18 months old and still not fixed at 53 months on the 22/03/2017

A employee there told us about his uncles problem with a manual transmission , it stopped working the day after he took delivery of his new truck and has not been fixed properly to date 

I'm sure every manufacturer has isolated issues like you mention.

Fact is Ford do not have any mass gearbox problems on their manuals...

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

For the Ford Focus Sport, buyers can pay Bt999,000 and get a year of insurance.

I think it was the Ford Focus that was in focus a few months back buyers wanted to turn them back in for their money back. Here is a caveat 

From Samui I will go 3 days to the motor show to buy a car, probably not a Ford, a 4X4 anyway, I hope other brands will offer some kind of interesting promotions, not sure at all? Never been before.

10 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

From Samui I will go 3 days to the motor show to buy a car, probably not a Ford, a 4X4 anyway, I hope other brands will offer some kind of interesting promotions, not sure at all? Never been before.

Ask about proven reliability....:stoner:

17 hours ago, DavisH said:

I guess they don't expect to sell many focuses, given they have chopped off 100K from the price. 

It's been offered at 999,000thb for the past two months ...so that price is nothing new.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:31 AM, transam said:

Go ask Ford buyers with dodgy trans, there are many worldwide...Go ask Ford folk who tried to get stuff fixed in LOS and are in tears....Go ask....

But don't ask me or any of the vastly greater number of fully satisfied Ford owners and drivers in LOS anything.

Those that have had the misfortune to buy or drive a bad Ford or experienced crap Ford service I can understand. It's the ones that don't own or drive a Ford but still bang on about their 'many worldwide' issues that have me totally stumped.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But don't ask me or any of the vastly greater number of fully satisfied Ford owners and drivers in LOS anything.

Those that have had the misfortune to buy or drive a bad Ford or experienced crap Ford service I can understand. It's the ones that don't own or drive a Ford but still bang on about their 'many worldwide' issues that have me totally stumped.

Perhaps folk read a lot about issues...?