Rats, Rats, big as Pussy Cats

Saladin

On 2017/3/24 at 6:00 AM, dingdongrb said:

I have never really studied Buddhism or know much about it but I do believe Buddhists are taught not to kill living things. I have personally witnessed a Thai friend who had a red ant biting his arm take that ant, gently remove it from his skin and then place it on the ground so it could wonder off and find it's next victim.

The rats they eat in Isaan are generally 'field' rats. That is, rats that are typically feeding in the rice fields rather than in the sewers and garbage piles. If they taste different, who knows, as I've never eaten it before. Some folks in the USA have been known to eat muskrat, which belongs to the 'rodent' family whereas some don't eat squirrel as it also comes from the 'rodent' family.

BTW, I would almost bet that your friend was eating something of his girlfriend's that was much dirtier than any rat....  :sick:

You mean he eats the rat that looks triangle in shape with long hairs and when you eat that rat the GF makes a funny noise. Is it the rat that makes the noise?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those still living in the Stone Age -

Are rats dirty animals?

Mice and rats are fastidiously clean animals, grooming themselves several times a day. In fact, rats and mice are less likely than dogs or cats to catch and transmit parasites and viruses. Mice and rats are highly social animals.

Hidden Lives of Rats and Mice | PETA

www.peta.org/features/hidden-lives-rats-mice/

44 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

For all those still living in the Stone Age -

Are rats dirty animals?

Mice and rats are fastidiously clean animals, grooming themselves several times a day. In fact, rats and mice are less likely than dogs or cats to catch and transmit parasites and viruses. Mice and rats are highly social animals.

Hidden Lives of Rats and Mice | PETA

www.peta.org/features/hidden-lives-rats-mice/

Weils disease

On 3/25/2017 at 1:46 PM, Thongkorn said:

Rats are the only thing I would not eat they carry to many germs and bacteria even when cooked.

You better think twice about chicken then. Causes many  issues with people in the West.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Read a book written by a survivor of the soccer team which crashed up in the Andes. When all way said and done ... meat is meat

I never read the book but the movie was excellent so I'm sure the book told 'first hand' was even better.