Songkran faces ban! Water throwing set to be a crime this year

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Now now possum 

You do know what date it is today, don't you? :cheesy:   But I would still treat any water throwing at me by a Farang as assault, and would act accordingly.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that the powers that be has decided to suck the fun out of coming to Thailand for a good time which millions are doing just that, with no sex in Pattaya and no water fight which is the essence of Songkran for many tourists, other restrictions are put in place now that will turn coming to Thailand for a holidays not much better than other boring countries.....

No surprise that you didn't look what date it is before your usual Thai bashing dribble 

Just now, possum1931 said:

You do know what date it is today, don't you? :cheesy:   But I would still treat any water throwing at me by a Farang as assault, and would act accordingly.

Saturday and the Saints are playing the Eagles 

1 hour ago, csabo said:

"This year"??  Even countries who are not growing indoor hydroponic spaghetti still have color video by now.  I suspect this is not an actual current harvest.  Check your facts sir.

As Thailand is still in a period of mourning, only black and white videos are allowed at the moment.

AIS will be replacing any water damaged phones as a result of playing songkran.  Just pop into 7-11 to claim your new phone.  While there take advantage of the new 90 day reporting that can be processed by 7-11 staff and claim your free hotdog and coke.

4 hours ago, Songhua said:

All those old foreigners who complained about it every year can now venture out without their raincoats and plastic bags.

All roosters will be released instead to cock a doodle doo on the first of April until the end of madness.

Roosters having a field day today.

Wish it were true as I would say it is a sickening time of year for those who remember the loved ones and those that will suffer from this uncontrolled stupid time.

"...'reign' in Songkran"? 

Oh dear, it's 'rein' in, and the expression comes from reining in a horse that is out of control - unless of course it's raining and the article refers to the reigning Queen of Songkran.

Edited by Xobtsiwt

33 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

They should just have special areas for it.  In my village every afternoon of Songkran they fill several barrels with water in our little park, and allow people who want to play between like 3-5 pm to do so.  That way anyone deciding to take part knows that it is contained within the park.  No splashing elsewhere.

I think best out at sea....:stoner:

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The government should have thought about this and made the announcement on another day, lol

I thought much the same , to avoid any BiB ridicule today Mr P. should of announced today as March 32nd thus avoiding the 1st April.

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

I thought much the same , to avoid any BiB ridicule today Mr P. should of announced today as March 32nd thus avoiding the 1st April.

Lol... Or just removed the 1st of April from all calenders deeming all references to it illegal.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

Indeed, people here on tv just arent that smart. 

Or tneir took damn lazy to actually read.

Yet these same folk manage to argue politics to the death despite the fact that the seem to lack the intellectual abiloty to actually understand what they read.

Or tneir took damn lazy to do spell check and have no abiloty to use it.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

Nice One!  If it wasn't April 1st, I would be a lot happier in knowing that I could venture out during the Songkran period.  But, I suppose I'll be stocking the fridge ready for a 2 week sit-in as usual, so as to avoid being another road kill statistic.

Happy Days!

You should also stay off your bed because about a 1/2 dozen guys are found dead there each month as reported on TVF.  Oh yah stay off your balcony as well and be careful with any electricity producing items too!  

5 hours ago, Songhua said:

All those old foreigners who complained about it every year can now venture out without their raincoats and plastic bags.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE WATER FIGHTS. Especially throwing water on motorbikes and cars. Dangerous! It's an infantile form of amusement and won't be missed by most.

1 hour ago, JustNo said:

I'm 28 and the novelty of Songkran wore off after 2 years, and by the 4th it was simply an inconvenience and annoying 

You will certainly be king of the grumps on TVF by the time you are 50. Congrats! ? 

7 minutes ago, howbri said:

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE WATER FIGHTS. Especially throwing water on motorbikes and cars. Dangerous! It's an infantile form of amusement and won't be missed by most.

Won't be missed by anyone considering the article is an April fools prank. Fool.

Edited by Aviatorhi

I cannot believe people on TV actually fall for this.  Someone must have graduated from high school the equivalent?  Two totally awesome fake news stories today.  Three if the submarine story is also just in good humor.  I do not want to see any Thai sailors drown in a cup of water due to bad maintenance.  That's no joke.

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Another reason Unelected officials are bad for society  They will such tradition out of the fabric of society 

The water throwing was never anything more than a perversion of the actual Songkran tradition.  Kind of embarrassing that so many foreigners come not knowing or caring about the difference.  In this particular instance, the "unelected officials" enjoy the support of many Thais.  But how dare the locals spoil the simple-minded antic fun of ignorant tourists, right?

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really?

I thought the headline gave it away. 

The last paragraph about getting ratarse drunk was a bit of a give away, lol

1 minute ago, Aviatorhi said:

I love how prime examples of bitter and hatelful people, like the poster above, buy into this obvious April 1st troll story; hook, line, and sinker. Better get that plastic bag ready buddy. 

As you are a new guy here you seem to be having a bad day....Tell us about it....:stoner:

1 minute ago, Peter Pattaya said:

Well said . Fun? 

My first Pattaya Songkran was a blast. I've hated every one after that.

I know this article is a farce, but for a professional based in Pattaya, working in Sattahip & Rayong & Sri Racha, it's a NIGHTMARE!!!!