Foreigner stabs Thai woman with "luuk chin" stick then jumps to his death in Hua Hin

webfact

3 hours ago, farcanell said:

Lol.... the guys dead, right?

I think your overly generous as it's maybe not such a good result, at days end

but... points for effort... maybe with more practice they might get it right.

I don't think it's fair to blame the outcome on their efforts. We weren't there when he jumped, so hard to say why he missed the giant whoopee cushion.

5 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Jumping kangaroos, foreign men and jumping from on high

is rampant here, 

why is it so hard to communicate, these days, 

a nano second decision to jump, 

too late, 

wasted life.

something more to this story than his passport being held onto , could easily tell police or get another one , he was not short of brass also just trying to buy a property for several million , whenever i go near high buildings or in shopping malls or airoprts best wearing a hard hat and keep looking up as foreigners bodies falling faster than sterling !! just had an irish guy jumping from top floor of airport only been in thailand 2 days , dont think he had time to understand its the land of smiles not miserable sods ! ha ha  

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Commits suicide .......why? ..... Stop reporting suicides. Not sure if it will make any difference but.....

friend who tried to talk him down might have pushed him if he was in on it with the accountant woman 

it might not be suicide

7 hours ago, Jim walker said:

No sympathy for any man who lifts his hand to a woman let alone one who stabs a woman or a child. No RIP from me.

Apparently, you have never been shot or stabbed by a woman. Chivalry is fine, if the lady acts like a lady; if someone confronts me and threatens me with bodily harm; it makes no difference their gender, I lose my gentlemanly ways real quickly. 

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

According to the Bangkok Post, he also bought a house costing several million baht, but had a problem with the transfer of ownership to his name.

Lady with Luk Chin brooch may have some explaining to do. :coffee1:

Well,..?! she will give her version of the facts and he will not be there to deny anything ?!?!? the cops will by her version !!!

17 hours ago, Sphere said:

According to the Bangkok Post, he also bought a house costing several million baht, but had a problem with the transfer of ownership to his name.

Lady with Luk Chin brooch may have some explaining to do. :coffee1:

maybe he paid the money but they did not transfer the house to his name rather to the ladys name....when he was not amused they told him mai pen rai...not telling him before that he never ever can own a house  in his own name here...than he lost it..who knows all the details.?...the combo..millions.. & house..&.falang.&. thai women.&..passport is usualy a receipt for disaster

17 hours ago, Grumbles said:

I don't understand why people hand over their passports in the first place. I carry my own photocopies.

I will show the original but won't let it out of my hands.

If that's not sufficient I go somewhere else.

You do the same as I.  But, in tourist places, such as Phuket, its virtually imposable to rent a motor bike without giving them your passport... and most places will not accepts photo copies. 

I think this should be the governments new 'crack down'. 

when will the Thai people learn that they are not allowed to take passports as security for anything???????????

I had to surrender my passport at last visit for motorcycle hire and hotel accommodation, but if you refuse, you get nothing,

so what the solution to this dilemma ???

21 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

The guy is a business man he should know that u don't leave ur passport with anyone. Obviously he owed a lot of money to someone.

Another dodgy farang so called real estate developer over here.

No sympathy from me.

Next.

I have to agree that no one can force you to hand over your passport except for your own government but if it was trickery then that's another matter altogether.  I don't know enough details to pass judgement but does anything that has to do with business really worth dying over?  Reports say he was agitated.  Was he drinking heavily or under the influence of drugs?  That's the problem when your depressed and turn to such means of dealing with problems that often don't end up well because your judgement is clouded.  I know ThaiVisa is full of seasoned cynics but a lot of comments r just plain cold as we really don't know what led up to this except that a guy is dead.

Edited by smileydude

7 hours ago, free123 said:

maybe he paid the money but they did not transfer the house to his name rather to the ladys name....when he was not amused they told him mai pen rai...not telling him before that he never ever can own a house  in his own name here...than he lost it..who knows all the details.?...the combo..millions.. & house..&.falang.&. thai women.&..passport is usualy a receipt for disaster

<deleted> crab - why in Thai Visa so many wrong things are posted. You can own a house - you cannot own the land. 

On 4/3/2017 at 11:07 PM, Monkeyrobot said:

You think this topic is funny, why make a comment like that.

Not funny topic but ::

1/Thought police, is not my friend, and 

2/ It's a way to stress the fact that the help was inefficient.

Have you asked yourself why they were here and could not save him when he fell?

There may be several reasons to this, inaccessibility to the place he fell or other.

But fact.

Edited by AGLV0121

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 04/04/2017 at 10:38 AM, weri said:

when will the Thai people learn that they are not allowed to take passports as security for anything???????????

I had to surrender my passport at last visit for motorcycle hire and hotel accommodation, but if you refuse, you get nothing,

so what the solution to this dilemma ???

The new pink ID card for foreigners ??