PM Prayut orders Phuket Governor transfer, effective immediately

webfact

Breaking News:

PM Prayut orders Phuket Governor transfer, effective immediately

Chutharat Plerin

1491317512_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan has been transferred to the Office of the Prime Minister, effective immediately. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan to be transferred to the Office of the Prime Minister, effective immediately.

The special order, enforced under the special powers provisions of Article 44, was signed today, along with the transfers of 14 other provincial Governors. 

No specific reason was given for Phuket Governor Chockchai's transfer, though he is to take up the position of Special Inspector at the Prime Minister's Office.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/breaking-news-pm-prayut-orders-phuket-governor-transfer-effective-immediately-61677.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-05

Good riddance.  This guy did absolutely nothing, quite like his predecessors and most likely his successors.  I wonder if he recouped his investment in his short time span here?

Did you actually meet the the man, did you talk to him? He was easily the best most empathetic governor Phuket has had in the past 20 years. Save the ignorant troll comments

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

During his 6 months I did see hi do some great things. Maybe not obvious to all, but certainly he was a huge supporter of charity and did everything possible to ensure that they had his full cooperation and assistance.

52 minutes ago, tomultmann said:

Did you actually meet the the man, did you talk to him? He was easily the best most empathetic governor Phuket has had in the past 20 years. Save the ignorant troll comments

So, because someone has a different opinion to you they are a troll then are they? In that case you, Sir, are a troll as well as I completely disagree with your opinion.

I predicted a number of months back that he would not survive six months and I have been proven right. He was inept and naive. 

45 minutes ago, tomultmann said:

During his 6 months I did see hi do some great things. Maybe not obvious to all, but certainly he was a huge supporter of charity and did everything possible to ensure that they had his full cooperation and assistance.

Wow- he did stuff for charity (and his wife automatically head of the Red Cross on the island) I thought he was here to GOVERN. Phuket has stagnated during his tenure and a lot of the old ways and patronism have crept back in.

Welcome a person that introduce hop on hop of busses 24/7 connecting each phukey coastal town.and ban all tuk tuks and fake taxi for parking all day in the streets.they need meters and parking on empty lot now that would be an visible achievement.

I think Bangkok was not very happy with the letter he sent out regarding bars opening hours in Bangla. The governor is supposed to take the heat, not send it through. I also doubt Bangkok is happy with the latest developments on the beaches. The 'all clear' beaches seem to have gone again.

Here are the transfers in English as per Google Translate, with the literal translation at the very bottom a tad ironic..

Clause 1. Mr. Sak Sommanotho is vacated from the position of the Governor of Kanchanaburi.

And serve as the Inspector General for the Office of the Prime Minister.

Article 2: Mr. Nattapat Suwannaprateep retired from the position of Governor of Kalasin Province.

Article 3 Mr. Boonsong Techamaneethat Out of office, the governor of Chiang Rai.

Article 4: Mr. Chokchai Dechamorn Tarn vacated from the position of Phuket Governor.

Clause 5. Mr. Surapon Sawangsak is vacated from the position of Governor of Ratchaburi Province.

Clause 6. Mr. Phenn Komonwill is vacated by the Governor of Singburi.

Clause 7. Suwit Khamdee is vacated from the post of Security Advisor. Office of the Permanent Secretary

Ministry of the Interior And the governor of Kalasin.

Clause 8. Mr. Narongsak Osathananakorn vacates from the office of Inspector General of Ministry

Office of the Permanent Secretary Ministry of the Interior And to be the governor of Chiang Rai.

Article 9: Mr. Nopparat Nonttong vacates his position as provincial administrative advisor.

Integrated Office of the Permanent Secretary Ministry of the Interior And to be the Governor of Phuket.

Clause 10. Mr. Chaiwat Chuenkumumoom is vacated by the Office of Administrative Advisor.

Secretary of the Interior Ministry And to be the Governor of Ratchaburi.

Clause 11. Officials who are listed in Article 1 to 10 shall be removed from their original positions. And go to duty

In new position From the date This applies.

Any change of position after the effective date of this order. To be in line with the Cabinet's consideration.

Clause 12 The Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Office of the Prime Minister Ministry of Interior Office

Civil Service Commission Budget Bureau And relevant government agencies. Take action on

The positions and salaries of such officials. And let the Prime Minister conveyed his obeisance.

To graciously graciously Appoint government officials to serve Or vacate from this position.

In order to comply with Article 24 of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand. (Temporary version)

BE 2557

Article 13 In the event of a problem with compliance with this order. Office of the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister

Suggested solutions to the Prime Minister's diagnosis. The Prime Minister's decision is final.

Clause 14, if deemed appropriate. The prime minister or the cabinet may propose to the peacekeepers.

National amendment to this order.

Clause 15. This Order shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.

Ordered on April 4, 2560.

General Prayut Chan Chan

Head of Peace Corps

I don't remember any governor doing anything good for Phuket here. There was that miserable old sod who banned Burmese cultural/New Year's celebrations. This one at least had a go at cleaning up some litter in Patong. Big whoop but I feel any governor here would be hamstrung by the families who own the place. Also could be he's being shunted to make way for a 'preferred' candidate?

7 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Good riddance.  This guy did absolutely nothing, quite like his predecessors and most likely his successors.  I wonder if he recouped his investment in his short time span here?

what do u mean he did nothing??? he allowed the loungers back on phuket's beaches   :-)

Speaking to a couple of Thais from the same province as he's from, they believe he wasn't corrupt enough and actually wanted projects to be done by the book!

That's just not the way things are done in Phuket (and just about every other province?)

On 4/5/2017 at 5:18 AM, webfact said:

along with the transfers of 14 other provincial Governors. 

Preparation for the next elections by assuring pro-military compliant administrations at the grassroots? Replacements are appointed by the military. Those governors who manage to complete their elected terms are also replaced by military appointments.

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Preparation for the next elections by assuring pro-military compliant administrations at the grassroots? Replacements are appointed by the military. Those governors who manage to complete their elected terms are also replaced by military appointments.

Governors who complete their elected terms?

Ex-Gov Chokchai bids farewell to Phuket after transfer order

Phuket Gazette 

pkt2.jpeg          

Ex-Governor Chokchai Dejamornthan says he is going to always remember Phuket. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: Ex-Phuket Governor Chokchai Dejamornthan released a statement yesterday acknowledging and confirming his transfer to Bangkok.

Governor Chokchai is among other high ranking officials slated for immediate transfers, and will be working as a ‘Special Inspector’ in Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha’s office. (story here). He was welcomed to the island with open arms and a barrage of supporters in September last year (story here).

“I would like to thank everyone for helping and cooperating with officials since I took office here. I respect the order for my transfer and Phuket will always be on my mind, even though my tenure here was short-lived,” said Ex-Gov Chokchai.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/ExGov-Chokchai-bids-farewell-Phuket-transfer-order/66448?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-04-06