'Prasong' the "slithery snake" has his car taken away

webfact

'Prasong' the "slithery snake" has his car taken away

1am1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A well known Thai figure who caused an internet sensation by driving like a snake slithering to and fro across the road has had his car taken away.

Prasong Reuangsirikunchai - vice president of the Telecommunication Association of Thailand said he was just trying to teach slow drivers a lesson.

But now police are going to teach him a lesson. He will be in court today to face charges of driving negligently causing annoyance to others, reported Thai Rath.

A man in a following car filmed him crawling along the road from one side to the other in a deliberate attempt to stop anyone passing.

1am2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The poster of the clip can barely believe what he is filming. When the driver leaves the main road and pulls into a 7/11 there is a good view of the man.

People online were quick to identify him as Prasong.

The incident took place on Chalern Prakiat R9 road in Prawet district of Bangkok.

He told Udomsuk police yesterday that he was trying to get slow drivers to speed up and claimed that he didn't think what he was doing was illegal.

He added that he was stressed out at work recently.

Police took his Toyota Wish away from him and said that he will appear in court in Prakhanong, today, Friday.

Sources: Thai Rath, Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-07

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Driving like an absolute tosser more like. He nearly made a bike have a head on crash in.the 2nd clip

This guy should clearly go to jail for this, or if he prefers, the loony bin. What a pathetic excuse for a human, and even more pathetic excuse for such shoddy driving.

I wonder what the court will say. I guess we'll nevrr find out

Maybe this lunatic thought that just because he's well know he can " teach

other drivers a lesson" what a burke and a tosser, Hey Mr. teach yourself

a lesson first how to behave on the road.....

Did you notice that not one Thai's beeped his/her horn (lose of face) ? what's even more strange is that no one called the cops, they had to find out about it through social media.

This guy:

1) Needs to have his licence cancelled immediately, pending a psychiatrists report

2) Issued a heavy fine & keep his licence cancelled for at least a year if he's not a nutter

3) Have lots of photos taken of him and put on all media outlets so everyone can see what a pea brain he is

Lucky I wasn't behind him because I would have rammed him really hard and sped off, after all, this is Thailand, anything goes, right ?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

and claimed that he didn't think what he was doing was illegal.

For some reason I am inclined to believe him.

The really spooky thing is that a large proportion of the local population share Prasong's mindset and have absolutely no common sense. That is why things in this country happen all too frequently that are so utterly mind-boggling that you occasionally doubt your own sanity and ask yourself: "Did this really just happen or am I hallucinating?"

He didn't think what he was doing was illegal? How can you ever improve a nation's driving habits with this kind of moronic thinking? The guy is an arrogant retard that should never be allowed behind the wheel again.

He was stressed out at work & didn't think what he was doing was illegal.

As excuses go, from the stupid to the ridiculous.

They never admit their wrong, always have to justify their actions.

Patheticism at its best.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prasong Reuangsirikunchai - vice president of the Telecommunication Association of Thailand

With idiots like this why does anyone wonder why the country is such a mess,   one can only hope that the President of the Telecommunications Association of Thailand will demand a new "vice" 

Well he was stressed out due to work,they always try to blame

something or someone else," vice president of the Telecommunication Association of Thailand"

maybe stressed out over too many complaints about slow internet ,But I dont think he would give a toss.

regards worgeordie

I drive a car fairly frequently across the country. I've never encountered this type of behaviour before. I have encountered fast and dangerous driving and inconsiderate driving and parking. Although, these incidents are not uncommon, I do not believe the vast majority of the population agree that this behaviour is acceptable. I agree that the driver is an <deleted> and should be punished. What's lacking in Thailand is a lack of effective training and licensing plus enforcement of road laws and regulations. People are unaware of how poor they are at driving safely.

C'mon folks, get off his back! He only reacted like many of us think to do in traffic.....who is going to really throw the first stone about "being frustrated in traffic"?? Maybe in his own way he got his message across? Now, the media and the internet are talking about his actions, isn't that the point of the whole exercise?? :smile::wai:

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did you notice that not one Thai's beeped his/her horn (lose of face) ? what's even more strange is that no one called the cops, they had to find out about it through social media.

This guy:

1) Needs to have his licence cancelled immediately, pending a psychiatrists report

2) Issued a heavy fine & keep his licence cancelled for at least a year if he's not a nutter

3) Have lots of photos taken of him and put on all media outlets so everyone can see what a pea brain he is

Lucky I wasn't behind him because I would have rammed him really hard and sped off, after all, this is Thailand, anything goes, right ?

Here's a start.... From his company's website. How soon before they delete it, I wonder.

13Prasong.jpg

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Richard Cranium. He didn't realise he did anything wrong. Well, as well as impeding the carriageway he crossed the no passing line at the pedestrian crossing. That's two things just for starters.