Can tourist visas (single/multiple entry) be obtained outside your country of residence?

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only get a multiple entry tourist visa in your home country. There is no such restriction for a single entry tourist visa.

Hi Joe and OP.  I only have a British passport but I got an METV in the Thai consulate in Toronto in October 2016.  I was surprised it was on offer to non-Canadians but the woman there told me that certain nationalities can get an METV in Canada.  It was also the nicest Thai consulate I've ever been to.  It looks like someone's living room.  You are in and out in no time at all. 

32 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Hi Joe and OP.  I only have a British passport but I got an METV in the Thai consulate in Toronto in October 2016.  I was surprised it was on offer to non-Canadians but the woman there told me that certain nationalities can get an METV in Canada.  It was also the nicest Thai consulate I've ever been to.  It looks like someone's living room.  You are in and out in no time at all. 

As far as I know Canada, Australia and the US are the only places where a non citizens or legal residents can get the METV. They are the exceptions to the rule.