Really had enough of Win 10.

giddyup

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

Because it is not windows itself that is his problem !

I have changed from Win./ to Win 10. Not a lot of differens, and no problems.

As I read his problems.. He need a good mail program. Not another version of Windows.

I my self youse Microsoft Outlook 2010.

NB I am what they i Thiland might be called a Professionel with a computer = A fearly good amateaur

Who is ridiculous enough to use a mail program in 2017 ? Any webmail as Gmail is 100000% better and can be used from anywhere.

I will never understand people who complain about their own stupidity.

1 minute ago, abab said:

Who is ridiculous enough to use a mail program in 2017 ? Any webmail as Gmail is 100000% better and can be used from anywhere.

I will never understand people who complain about their own stupidity.

You might want to lighten up on the criticism, both your posts could be construed as insulting.

16 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Maybe not, but the original poster actually stated that he would like to install Windows 7 again if he could, so that's what I was referring to. However as you say, if there are other problems which he could fix on Windows 10, maybe that's a better alternative.

Having said that, there seem to be a lot of folks out there who are having problems with Windows 10 and I personally prefer Windows 7 and will stick with it for as long as I can and may well take other posters advice and look at Linux or Ubuntu later down the track.

How comes that I'm running four PC's ( one notebook) in my household and three are running at school, all upgraded to W 10, and none has had a problem yet?

That makes it to seven machines that run very well, fast and reliable.

You can't make an OS batter than the person who's using it then. Please read on so many forums about people who believe that AVG, or Avast the free versions, would be the best AV programs?

Let's take another example, cars. You can have the best and safest cars on earth, but that doesn't help you if you don't know how to drive it. 

Edited by ajarngreg

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You might want to lighten up on the criticism, both your posts could be construed as insulting.

It is an insult and shouldn't happen in a civilized society. 

Edited by ajarngreg

4 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

How comes that I'm running four PC's ( one notebook) in my household and three are running at school, all upgraded to W 10, and none has had a problem yet?

You can't make an OS batter than the person who's using it then. Please read on so many forums about people who believe that AVG, or Avast the free versions, would be the best AV programs?

Let's take another example, cars. You can have the best and safest cars on earth, but that doesn't help you if you don't know how to drive it. 

You are right, 12 PCs with windows 10 here since the launch, and never had a single problem. My 70 years old Mom neither.

Funny people who accuse anything else but themselves...

8 minutes ago, abab said:

You are right, 12 PCs with windows 10 here since the launch, and never had a single problem. My 70 years old Mom neither.

Funny people who accuse anything else but themselves...

Funny how some people think they are so damn superior. Looking at some of your other posts it seems everyone is either stupid or retarded, according to you.

Edited by giddyup

6 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Maybe it is because you "conform" to Microsoft's plan for the world of computing, which they once dominated, but are now struggling against, as there are more, alternatives, and more reliable alternatives.  MS has shown in the past they are not good losers!!  Maybe if you took one machine and turned off, disabled uninstalled a lot of the MS software, such as Edge, Explorer, Office etc. and used alternative (but equally capable or better) software and see what happens to that machine....

This would be an interesting experiment and may show MS's true intentions!!

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to get the mind working haha.

Don't think for one moment that MS are beyond it!  They have been dragged before many courts in the US and EU over it, and have had to pay out Millions if not billions overall.  There is so much money involved here I for one wouldn't put it past them!!

Well I am pretty sure MS has read all of my disruptive comments and revolutionary thoughts on their plan to dominate the world of computing 555 :cheesy:

All of my none MS machines are sending and receiving fine, but Google seems to have had it's legs cut off at the knees on this Win10 machine,I have to stop going on the net with this thing !! 555

5 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

Sounds very familiar to me. My first PC in LOS was running XP and I needed a new program almost every second week.

Then, after a year doing so, there were only two alternatives left, learn how to do it alone, or buying a new one and maybe go through all the same bs again?

I finally decided to sit down at the PC shop which wasn't a problem, because the owner was a friend of mine. I watched how the "technicians" made such a setup and I soon realized that they couldn't read anything that popped up when something didn't go the usual way.

The installation CD, plus the thumb drives they were using were so full of viruses and Trojan horses that it was clear that with each "new install", at this time 250 baht, they also introduced severe malware on the system.

Even when I'd spent many sleepless nights trying to figure out the best ways to keep my system running, I'm now really happy that I went that way.

I was so sick and tired to bring my PC to a show where I knew that the mechanics had no freaking idea about problems that might occur. 

One of the technicians had no idea how to get the right driver for the network card and I googled it for him and finally did the set up alone.

Okay, there might be some very good guys out there, but the majority can only do certain tasks. If something pops up that needs their attention they just don't know what it means.

You seem to be happy with Apple and that's okay for me. But I stick to Windows because it's cheaper and should I encounter a problem at work, I know exactly what to do to be successful.

Not too many people have the money to buy an iPhone, Apple desktop, etc.. so there must be ways to live with the cheaper versions.

h

I can't afford to buy new Apple products either.  All my Apple purchases were second hand.  All bought on eBay and shipped in.  My iMac desktop cost $250 on eBay, another $250 to ship it here and $400 to have the professionals in Cherng Talay upgrade it to new specs.  So about $900 to have a virtually new 21 inch iMac that would have cost at least twice that to buy it new here.  Figure I spent at least that much repairing my old windows based PC.  Never again.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Funny how some people think they are so damn superior. Looking at some of your other posts it seems everyone is either stupid or retarded, according to you.

When reading posts such as this one, what else could I think about people here ?

100% of the problems that happen to others NEVER HAPPENED and WILL NEVER HAPPEN to me, so please understand that I do not feel that we are all playing in the same league...

4 minutes ago, abab said:

When reading posts such as this one, what else could I think about people here ?

100% of the problems that happen to others NEVER HAPPENED and WILL NEVER HAPPEN to me, so please understand that I do not feel that we are all playing in the same league...

If you are happy playing MS's game good for you!!  BUT don't be surprised when you get bombarded by marketing, and straying from the fold causes problems....

VIVA la revolution!!!

1 hour ago, abab said:

If you have nothing to contribute except rudeness and sarcasm, I suggest you go and find another post that's more challenging to your intellect.

Learn about Linux.  Ubuntu or Mint are well documented and user friendly.  Yeah, you have a bit of a learning curve at first, but unlike Microsoft, you can choose the desktop that works for you and the user interface is not going to change drastically between upgrade.  And it's free.  

35 minutes ago, connda said:

Learn about Linux.  Ubuntu or Mint are well documented and user friendly.  Yeah, you have a bit of a learning curve at first, but unlike Microsoft, you can choose the desktop that works for you and the user interface is not going to change drastically between upgrade.  And it's free.  

I've never tried Mint, I have been happy with Ubuntu, I might get one of the computers and give it a go, have read some things about it.  What is your opinion compared to Ubuntu?

But back on subject, people just have to realise that there are more options out there and it really isn't that scary!!  The people that write these things are going out of their way to make them as user friendly as they can, and don't expect to become as rich as Bill, who by the way (sorry for digressing) sold IBM DOS when he didn't even have it, MS couldn't get it to work.....

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

For all who like to go back in time to the stone age windows O.S.download what you like ....but no serials?keys ...up to yourself for that   ,http://webforpc.com/software/operating-systems/

and these are malware, spyware and virus free 100% guaranteed same same Pantip plaza......

RIGHT, if it looks too good to be true....... 

37 minutes ago, RigPig said:

and these are malware, spyware and virus free 100% guaranteed same same Pantip plaza......

RIGHT, if it looks too good to be true....... 

some are never satisfied ......if really so aversing to Win 10 .(...also no good ....) this is the alternative as you do not find the old O.S. on Microsoft website , even the media tool creator you can only choose the o.s. system you have on pc already , , I tried it to choose the Win 10 pro ..... no way !!

if you have good cleaners programs you can remove all nasty things if are there ....I did it with finspico km activator program , and after I put it in a double rar file .... very sweet program to make all Windows and Office genuine continuously ...

But best thing is accept to live with Windows 10 as free delivery by uncle Gates .....but of course that shall also not be good ......oh my god ....people.....( sigh..) !:sleep:

I am very happy satisfied with the latest Win 10 creator update as also with the one before too, only win 8 and   8.1... I hated it , win 7 I liked before very much too  but that is past thing .

Edited by david555

51 minutes ago, david555 said:

some are never satisfied ......if really so aversing to Win 10 .(...also no good ....) this is the alternative as you do not find the old O.S. on Microsoft website , even the media tool creator you can only choose the o.s. system you have on pc already , , I tried it to choose the Win 10 pro ..... no way !!

if you have good cleaners programs you can remove all nasty things if are there ....I did it with finspico km activator program , and after I put it in a double rar file .... very sweet program to make all Windows and Office genuine continuously ...

But best thing is accept to live with Windows 10 as free delivery by uncle Gates .....but of course that shall also not be good ......oh my god ....people.....( sigh..) !:sleep:

I am very happy satisfied with the latest Win 10 creator update as also with the one before too, only win 8 and   8.1... I hated it , win 7 I liked before very much too  but that is past thing .

Are you from Disneyland?

2 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Are you from Disneyland?

I thought that the original poster was looking for a windows 7 o.s.  so just posted this site ....nothing more ..... but seems many people unhappy lately .....brexit ?....exchange rate maybe ?...I don't know just a thought .....must be the news that Thai baht is straightening even more ......:smile:

I dumped Microsoft just before Vista as it looked like it would be a disaster (it was..) and have been happily using Linux since then on 6 desktops and 3 laptops. I've tried most varieties and would recommend opensuse KDE, Mint KDE or PCLinuxOS KDE - all simple and quick to install and an easy transfer for the windows user. You can even put a version on a USB stick and try it out fully, before installing. Once you try it you'll think 'why all the fuss..'

For people doing the 'normal' things - email, web browsing, film watching, social meejah - you would notice no real difference between Linux and Windows7. Updates don't take all night, all the software is free and its all in one big shop so you don't have to faff around looking for websites.

And, you CAN run many windows programs (using a thing called WINE) on Linux without any problem. You can even install windows as a virtual machine - but that is getting too high on the geek scale for here.

If you really want to go to windows 10 (which is better than 7 and vastly better than 8), you MUST have every update on the machine. Best way is to use the WIndows Update offline updater 'WSUS'. This gets the machine properly ready and any upgrade will work first time. And don't take too much notice of the 'spying' stories. Most of the outward traffic can be stopped within the settings if it really bothers you.

One thing I would not recommend is to go back to windows7. Updates will stop soon and security will get weaker as a consequence. And that's not worth it.

What do you have to change to make the computer boot from a USB stick with Linux ?

And is there a way to back-up all your Windows 10 settings automatically before a new Windows update which might screw up your computer ?

as they said in the Army , never volunteer , and thats what I think about automatic windows 10 upgrades , wait and see if the upgrade has problems before letting it install...

Windows could do without all those tings no one uses .Just Internet n social media seems all it's used for. Look in any Office ,it's running its chosen spreadsheet,etc..I like Apple cause I don't want to know anything,just hit n go for dummies.The downside of not using Bills System is one cant join in Windows Bashing over a Beer.[emoji342]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I have 2x machines with W10, a laptop that was originally W7 and a new desktop that I built and setup myself and installed W10

The desktop operates flawlessly, better than W7 which I used for years, there have been some issues that I easily and quickly resolved.

The Laptop is a different story which was upgraded from W7, I don't think the problem was the fact that is was upgraded, the problem is that Dell/Alienware do not support this particular laptop for W10 so there have been issues with drivers etc and some hardware that needed upgraded or the W10 drivers were late.

All in all I find W10 far superior to W7

I can see how some people might have issues with certain things but it is generally a good idea to just ask on here or look on the net for simple solutions

7 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

What do you have to change to make the computer boot from a USB stick with Linux ?

And is there a way to back-up all your Windows 10 settings automatically before a new Windows update which might screw up your computer ?

as they said in the Army , never volunteer , and thats what I think about automatic windows 10 upgrades , wait and see if the upgrade has problems before letting it install...

It is the same as any computer you want to "boot" from something other than the hard disc.  You have to enter the computers BIOS, which is basicly the program that starts and controls all of the hardware.  Change the order of the boot device, usb, cd, hard disc.  The computer will then look for a boot device in those devices in that order instead of going straight to the hd.  This may slow the computer down slightly as it checks for the boot device.

The BIG question is how to get into the system BIOS and that depends on the make of the computer.  If you turn the computer off and then back on you should see a message on the screen as it starts up, which tells you how to do it. e.g. the F10 key.  You have to do this BEFORE the computer actually starts to boot, if you miss it or are not quick enough to read it, restart the computer again. and try again.  Spme computers have a pause/break key, this may stop the boot until you hit another key to continue, some don't.  You bay also try hitting Ctrl and C at the same time, it may work.

A word of WARNING, be careful when you are in the BIOS, messing with the wrong thing may render the computer useless, until it (what you have messed up) is corrected.

Hope this helps, have fun!!

9 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

Nothing for a one-off test. You can alter the boot order in BIOS  if you really want to change something (hit DEL button while booting usually gets there) or get the boot select menu using F12 when booting. Some machines have varieties...

Backing up windows settings? Yes, possible but rather tricky and not reliable.

Your advice re windows upgrades is 100% correct. However, enough time has now passed and the bugs have been (mostly) squashed. It is still vital to make sure the machine is 100% updated on win7 before attempting any upgrade.