List of public restrooms

Hal65

I had an upset stomach episode that almost ended very poorly, very painful when your body starts to go haywire. It made me realize how important it is to know where the public restrooms are as I do not have a car and am mainly on foot.

If you know of some public restroom locations please mention them here. I'll start us off:

• The malls (obviously): Central Festival, Royal Garden, Harbor, Tuk Com, Mike's.
  • Grocery stores: Both Friendship and Foodland have an external bathroom. Friendship's is on the east side of the store, Foodland's is west across the soi.
  • Mae Sri Ruen on 3rd Rd/Klang has a restroom in the parking lot behind the restaurant.
  • Most Mcdonalds have them. Thai restaurants usually do not, but I tend to frequent the ones with 50 baht meals.
  • Bali Hai Pier. The closest building to it has a restroom for 5 baht. This one once saved me very late night.

--------------------------------------

Does anyone know of a restroom close to beach road that is open at night? Paid ones are welcome.

Edited by Hal65

3 hours ago, stravers said:

My favorite toilet is at the Avian hotel lobby (formerly Marriott) on 2nd road. Clean, aircon, and has a bum gun (water sprayer). I've gone to that toilet in good times and bad. :)

Having spent millions on a name change to the Avani hotel, it seems they did not fair so well....

The TQ Rock and Roll bar on Beach has two toilets just inside and to the left of the entrance; urinals* to the left and proper dunny with bum gun on the right. Wash stand with loads of soap and paper towels in between. When you are finished, wash your hands, go to the bar and have a drink.

* the scene of many a spontaneous 'champagne toilet party' with the record (I think) being 22 people inside. Ask Tom, he'll know.

Edited by NanLaew

KISS restaurant on 2nd road has a few stalls, which means usually not a wait.  Handy in those quick step times.

Any of the bar complexes in the back, soi 7, soi 8.  Some not that great, but in a pinch, will do.

I recommend you always carry some toilet paper with you at all time, in your little fanny pack or man purse or whatever.  Can be a real life saver.  A few packs of tissue, or even folded up TP from your home or hotel.  Doesn't take up much space.  I only got a mild case of the runs once in my dozen trips.  And one other time I was just sick, so for a few days keeping an eye on where I was when eating and where I was going was important

On 22/04/2017 at 8:31 PM, NanLaew said:

The TQ Rock and Roll bar on Beach has two toilets just inside and to the left of the entrance; urinals* to the left and proper dunny with bum gun on the right. Wash stand with loads of soap and paper towels in between. When you are finished, wash your hands, go to the bar and have a drink.

* the scene of many a spontaneous 'champagne toilet party' with the record (I think) being 22 people inside. Ask Tom, he'll know.

A champagne toilet party with 22 people inside a urinal? :shock1:

Finding a toilet here is like trying to find a trash can.  

But, lets say they had a public toilet on the beach.  Could you imagine the condition of the place?

All the sex and other activities taking place in there.  I assume that is why they don't have them.

I remember meeting a guy years ago who proudly told me he owned a Toilet in beach/bar/walking st area and he was making a fortune at 10 baht a go. It was a funny story as the guy originally was doing a resturant/bar/tshirt shop and as he was setting it up people kept asking to use the bathroom, eventually he shut the shop put in extra cubicles and a big sign, and the rest is history.

One of my favorites is in the tiger complex in bangla rd phuket, I think its 10 baht but the attendants have aftershave, hair gel, mouthwash etc and the back massage as you pee, just what you need in the middle of a big night out.

Edited by Peterw42

Don't know if this will get posted.  One place I might avoid in the morning is the first floor toilet at The Avenue.  It seems to open fairly early maybe 9 am.  Not too many people around.  So, I go in there a few weeks ago to use the urinal and some Ladyboy comes out of one of the shitters and solicits me.  She was obviously hiding in there.  Surprise surprise!!.  I went by there a few days later and saw her outside near the front of the mall sitting near Mc'Donald's.

PS:  I did say NO!

Edited by bkk6060

As one with IBS I need to know where toilets are wherever I go, but "public toilets" in the "western" sense, in Pattaya- LOL.

However, every restaurant has a loo, and all the bars have one available- complexes have one for all the bars ( paid ).

If using a restaurant and not being a customer, one should at least buy a drink before leaving.

Service stations usually have a public one at the back, and even banks have them. 

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

alibaba has something for everyone...

Okay, so I was bored and Googled the "The Bum Gun travel bidet" for Alibaba and it's a mere US$19-22 (THB657 to B720) each ... with a minimum order of 120 units.   :shock1:

(https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/The-Bum-Gun-Travel-Bidet-Sprayer_152769235.html)