Mystery surrounds death of Englishman found in north-east rubber plantation

webfact

Mystery surrounds death of Englishman found in north-east rubber plantation

4pm.jpg

Picture: 77jowo 

BANGKOK: -- Police have said that they are at a loss to explain the death of a Coventry man found in a house in a rubber plantation in Bung Kan province.

Mr Nigel Checketts, 60, was found clothed and face up on his bed in the one story house in Na Saeng sub-district. The TV, fan and a light were all on, reported 77Jowo.

It is thought he had been dead four to five days due to the decomposition of the body.

There were no signs of a struggle or injuries to the body.

Mr Checketts was found by his estranged wife Somkhit Patirupa, 45. She said they had been married for years but split up five years ago with her husband deciding to stay alone in the house.

She called him over the phone and was concerned when he did not pick up on Saturday despite the phone being on.

She said that he was neither a smoker or drinker and had no diseases she was aware of.

A British passport that accompanied the 77Jowo story had expired in January 2015.

An old driving license from the Philippines was also pictured.

Sriwilai police said they could not be sure why the British man died and sent the body to Khon Kaen for autopsy.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-01

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

RIP mate. Very sad that he was not missed for 4 days. Fortunately his wife managed to "sound the alarm"

Why does it say FIL under nationality on the DL. He was British? No? FIL=Filippino? 

Just might be his address and maybe has citizenship?

Edited by overherebc

" Police have said that they are at a loss to explain the death ", wow that's unusual,they normally know within a few minutes of seeing the body, RIP fellow countryman, dying alone is sad and seems to happen often here.

regards worgeordie

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

where were his credit cards  ?  

this smells fishy ....  he was 60 and a non smoker ??  something not correct here

You are paranoid, who says he ever had credit cards.

he was 60 and a non smoker ??  something not correct here. Why, ever heard of a hart disease, cancer, .....? 

His passport expired more than 2 years ago so that means no visa for at least 2 years. That is fishy.

25 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are paranoid, who says he ever had credit cards.

he was 60 and a non smoker ??  something not correct here. Why, ever heard of a hart disease, cancer, .....? 

His passport expired more than 2 years ago so that means no visa for at least 2 years. That is fishy.

I am 72, living in rural Khampaeng Phet, a non smoker and no credit cards.

I quit smoking in 1970 and got rid of all my credit cards back in 2005.

The difference between the guy who died and me is that I am still alive, still married and still living with my wife and son.

Please tell me if my story seems fishy and try to explain why you think so.

58 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am 72, living in rural Khampaeng Phet, a non smoker and no credit cards.

I quit smoking in 1970 and got rid of all my credit cards back in 2005.

The difference between the guy who died and me is that I am still alive, still married and still living with my wife and son.

Please tell me if my story seems fishy and try to explain why you think so.

It was steven100 who found it fishy, I suggest you try to get an answer from him

Edited by FritsSikkink

8 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

he had so much money he couldn't afford a new passport / visa for more then 2 years

who says he doesn't have a current valid passport with required visas. not found doesn't mean they don't exist.

20 minutes ago, jastheace said:

who says he doesn't have a current valid passport with required visas. not found doesn't mean they don't exist.

make perfect sense keeping your old passport and old driver license in the house and hide your current passport somewhere in the rubber tree :saai:

32 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This is getting worrying . 

Thais have now wisened up 

They now know that throwing foreigners off building , drowning them and car accidents leaves evidence behind 

Now Thais are killing foreigners and leaving them in their bed with no evidance being left behind

Do you have a monopoly on tinfoil hats and conspiracy theories?

Do you even have proof that he was killed or that a Thai person killed him?

Has the guy on the next bar stool bought you another beer?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Do you have a monopoly on tinfoil hats and conspiracy theories?

Do you even have proof that he was killed or that a Thai person killed him?

Has the guy on the next bar stool bought you another beer?

Sarcasm, it was 

58 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This is getting worrying . 

Thais have now wisened up 

They now know that throwing foreigners off building , drowning them and car accidents leaves evidence behind 

Now Thais are killing foreigners and leaving them in their bed with no evidance being left behind

What you're observing is the evelotionary process at work, Thai's becoming increasingly more cunning at hiding their dastardly deeds! 

I preferred the good good old days when a farang bound his feet and arms before leaping six foot onto the noose ... he thought he could fool the "Boys in Brown" ... not a chance! They know every "suicide" trick in the book! 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

where were his credit cards  ?  

this smells fishy ....  he was 60 and a non smoker ??  something not correct here

Why do you have to be a smoker if you are 60?

7 minutes ago, sambum said:

Why do you have to be a smoker if you are 60?

no ... I am saying he was reasonably healthy as he didn't smoke so who or what killed him ?   where are his credit cards and bank book  ??   where is his thai gf ?  bangkok with someone else ??