I just bought condoms from amazon. Is this a problem importing for personal use in Thailand?

Hi,

I''m an expat here now and I have a bit of an embarrassing issue. The condoms here are too small and I don't trust them as they are not "CE approved"or electronically tested and heard many bad stories of them breaking due to their size and not electronically tested. I've ordered a few off amazon ordered from a supplier in Singapore, but I wonder now if i'm going to have problems importing them for personal use. Has anyone done this before and had issues? I was gonna fly through singapore on my few days off and pick some up there where I know the Singapore ones sold in Watsons are CE approved, But I need to fork out an additional 10000 baht just to fly through Singapore and pick up condoms which is a waste of money. But I really do not trust the Thai condoms especially with high HIV rates.

I've flown in and out of Thailand with condoms many times and never had anybody looking at the contents of my luggage beyond a cursory x-ray on 1 in every 3 or 4 Int'l arrivals.  

I don't go through them by the caseload like some of the guys here in BKK, though.  

With a Boots on every corner in BKK (and in the airport) and a Watson's in every shopping mall, I suspect you'd find what you want here in LOS.  

Edit:  BTW, as far as sizes, I go to Youtube and look at all the videos of guys blowing them up the size of a 4' watermelon and putting them over their heads and then blowing them up through their noses and I have lost all fear of using the normal sized variety.

Edited by impulse

I don't understand. The durex and other good brands that you can buy at Watson's for example, are approved and tested regardless of the country they are imported to. And I what size doesn't fit you? 56 is the biggest I've seen in Thailand, that's the one I use and I have yet to hear about a man who couldn't put that on. 

48 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

I don't understand. The durex and other good brands that you can buy at Watson's for example, are approved and tested regardless of the country they are imported to. And I what size doesn't fit you? 56 is the biggest I've seen in Thailand, that's the one I use and I have yet to hear about a man who couldn't put that on. 

Maybe OP is not aware that they come in different sizes, even in 7/11. 

I am calling BS on this thread, even 7/11 carries reputable brands of condoms, Durex Ansell etc, They carry various sizes including large, and why the hell would any condom manufactured and sold in Asia be branded CE approved (European Conformity)

I've had condoms ordered on Amazon sent here. Long way back. I believe they were some kind of ultrathins I wanted to give a whirl. Zero issues as I recall with the process.

I've also ordered on Lazada (they have an Australian make listed, forget the name) which is a local online outfit so there's guaranteed to be no import issues. The problem I did have with Lazada was that their idiot supplier had marked the box condoms loud and clear so the ladies at my condo reception were grinning ear to ear giving it to me.

But as other posters have pointed out, there's enough variety in the shops around that you really don't need to order.

13 hours ago, petermik said:

If its any help I have a substantial amount of lightly used/almost new "big boy" condoms going cheap that have been rigorously tested :thumbsup:

will they be ok for me and my horse......i dont want her getting pregnant

• 1 month later...

All of this must be "Fake-News". The TAT has expained to the world, that Farang Tourists come here for the Temples, the Pristine Beaches and the Thai Culture

By discussing openly the Importation, the Use and possibly the Recommendation of certain brands of such merchandise, may lead to Police Interrogation, short-term Imprisonement and Confiscation of said goods. It certainly would contradict the above mentioned TAT theory, as to why 99% of Farangs come to visit Thailand.

Now the big Disclosure: Every 7/11 on second street in Pattaya, featurs "Farang-Sized" Condoms, as long as you ask for it by talking to the "cashier". The Cashier will reach under the counter, and hand over a "Large Size Package", the same "Large Size Package" that you have seen on the shelf before. But the cashier , will hand over the "Special-Package" with a dazzeling smile on her face, having added 10 Baht.
Probably knowing, that a Farangs "size" concept is mainly taking place in his head. The head on his shoulders, that is.

Cheers. 

On 1/5/2560 at 6:23 PM, impulse said:

I've flown in and out of Thailand with condoms many times and never had anybody looking at the contents of my luggage beyond a cursory x-ray on 1 in every 3 or 4 Int'l arrivals.  

I don't go through them by the caseload like some of the guys here in BKK, though.  

With a Boots on every corner in BKK (and in the airport) and a Watson's in every shopping mall, I suspect you'd find what you want here in LOS.  

Edit:  BTW, as far as sizes, I go to Youtube and look at all the videos of guys blowing them up the size of a 4' watermelon and putting them over their heads and then blowing them up through their noses and I have lost all fear of using the normal sized variety.

The small ones put your phallice in a choke hold and cut off circulation. They're more likely to split because of the increased tension. It's worth buying proper size.

1 hour ago, JohnJay said:

The small ones put your phallice in a choke hold and cut off circulation. They're more likely to split because of the increased tension. It's worth buying proper size.

I may agree that it's best to buy the proper size, but if you can blow something up to be 4' long and over a foot in diameter, it ain't choking nothing when you put it on your winkie.  

If it splits, it's because you did something wrong, or it was defective.  Not because it was the wrong size.  Unless you use those joke finger cots, which are also a poor quality latex because of their intended purpose.

Edited by impulse

Just now, impulse said:

I'd agree that it's best to buy the proper size, but if you can blow something up to be 4' long and over a foot around, it ain't choking nothing when you put it on your winkie.  

If it splits, it's because you did something wrong, or it was defective.  Not because it was the wrong size.  Unless you use those joke finger cots, which are also a poor quality latex because of their intended purpose.

Well I had one split on me and I know I was using it properly. You might be able to blow them up a massive size, I don't think they're supposed to actually hurt.... they just can't accommodate a farang's girth.

Let me put it like this. You can blow a latex glove up the size of a dog. A size S latex glove will still rip open when I put it on my big hand.