Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says: "I've got a bomb!"

webfact

A 17 year old from a South American arrived in LA and was asked what is in the bag, he responded as a joke, "A bomb." He was sent back to his country and banned from America for life. Small brain and big mouth equals very big problem.

in America you have freedom of speech, but this doesn't allow you to yell, "Fire" in a crowded movie theater.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inflammatory and profane flame posts have been removed.  There is a profanity filter in place as posting in a profane manner is not allowed on a family oriented forum.  Efforts to circumvent the profanity filter are also discouraged, please remember this forum rule when posting:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

7 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Those crazy Swede's huh.

Scandilunatics ,  no  shortage of them in the kingdom . 

Edited by elliss

6 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Inflammatory and profane flame posts have been removed.  There is a profanity filter in place as posting in a profane manner is not allowed on a family oriented forum.  Efforts to circumvent the profanity filter are also discouraged, please remember this forum rule when posting:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

GOOD!!

7 minutes ago, Mansell said:

A 17 year old from a South American arrived in LA and was asked what is in the bag, he responded as a joke, "A bomb." He was sent back to his country and banned from America for life. Small brain and big mouth equals very big problem.

in America you have freedom of speech, but this doesn't allow you to yell, "Fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Some  few  years  ago I was  staying in a  small hotel in  Bali , Indonesia about  5 days  after an attempt to  bomb the  Australian Embassy in  Jakarta.

On my second night a surfer  from Tasmania who  also was  staying thought it was  funny  to  set off two those  quite  large  explosives  also used   here in Thailand  for  funeral  rites  etc in the  stairwell.

Another resident  who was  visiting  Bali to escape the trauma of  the  Jakarta  bombing panicked  and  called  the  Police to report a  bomb.

After  a  lot  of  long  diplomatic  interventions  by the  Hotel Manager the  Police  allowed  him  to  pay a  hefty fine instead  of being arrested  for all  sorts  of possibilities and  detained  in  the  Bali  Hilton. Bali  remains  very aware of the  horror  of  previous  bombs.

But  this  character  could  not accept  that his  actions  were  stupid and insisted that is  was  just a  joke.

Not  even  could  he  acknowledge  that the  explosions  had  left  large  burn marks on the  paintwork in the  stairwell.

Eventually  he  got  annoyed  and  declared   Indonesia  was  a stupid  place  and  he  would never  come   again.

The  Police  smiled  and  said   Thankyou,  we   will  keep  your   Passport   number  to  put a check on  that.

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'll bet he pleads he was only joking  .... 

fine him 100,000 baht and deport.

lets fine him farang style 1.000.000 baht or 12 months 

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

No   ...    that's why nobody can enjoy anything in life anymore ..  thats why the worlds a mess because of a few 

because of one idiot ,  why should everyone else have to be punished .

I'll drink to that.

1 minute ago, KTPeanut said:

I was on the plane. There was no panic because he didn't shout anything and he did not say that he had a bomb! Get your facts straight!

So why don't you inform everyone of the facts ..............

Please pay attention to this notice:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

Please remember that we cannot actively monitor the contents of, and are not responsible for, any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Thaivisa.com or any entity associated with Thaivisa.com. All advice voluntarily given by any member in any ThaiVisa Forum is provided free of charge. Thaivisa Forums accepts no liability for the content and is released from any responsibility for information found using Internet links posted on the forum (including links from our advertisers).

Posts have been removed and members will be warned for comments as noted in the above notice. 

Was he a real swede or ....well you know..  I talked to a Swedish guy for ages outside the golden bar nana soi 4 for ages a few years ago and when I asked him the meaning of a Swedish word used in a TV series he told me he had no idea what it meant. When I looked confused he told me he emigrated there in 79 from Iran and never bothered to learn Swedish but he hoovered up all their benefits.

So why don't you inform everyone of the facts ..............

The title of this post is 'Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says "I've got a bomb"'
The fact is, there was no panic, we were sat quietly while being told that there was heavy traffic at the airport causing a delay.
People like to sensationalise - the guy wasn't trying to scare anyone and wasn't being obnoxious and sat quietly the whole time. Seems to me like it was a misunderstanding or miscommunication. He certainly wasn't shouting about having a bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

The plane and all luggage in the hold was thoroughly searched and passengers were also searched in accordance with "Order 9" of the airport's emergency procedures. EOD bomb disposal units were deployed.

The emergency was declared over at 5.50pm and the flight left for Samui at 6.30pm.

40 minutes to do all that? I most seriously doubt that one.

"Due to depart at 1.45pm",  " declared over at 5.50pm".... more than 4 hours.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

No   ...    that's why nobody can enjoy anything in life anymore ..  thats why the worlds a mess because of a few 

because of one idiot ,  why should everyone else have to be punished .

because that is they way it is and always will be.

11 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Actually, I tend to agree with you, but would add that all alcohol on flights, regardless of duration, be banned also.   And no drinking out of your own brown bag either.

why  ?    why should I be punished because of one person stupid actions  ?

thats exactly why no one can do anything in the world anymore because they put rules in place because of the idiots.

17 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

The plane and all luggage in the hold was thoroughly searched and passengers were also searched in accordance with "Order 9" of the airport's emergency procedures. EOD bomb disposal units were deployed.

The emergency was declared over at 5.50pm and the flight left for Samui at 6.30pm.

40 minutes to do all that? I most seriously doubt that one.

I think you misunderstood the timings in the story. The flight was scheduled to depart at 1:45 and eventually departed at 6:30. That's nearly 5hours delay. 40 minutes is from the time the emergency declared over till actual take off