Pattaya beach umbrella and lounger operators furious at new regulations

snoop1130

Most of the tables and chairs setup on the beach are empty all day. I agree, if they have a customer setup a space. When they leave take it down. Return the beaches to visitors and Thais. Amazing Thailand

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next will be the rules on the length of Som Tam stripes (julienne) of raw papaya. 

Are the authorities aware that the rest of the world reached the 21st century too and everyone can read what clownery is performed and how ridiculous all this reads?

I, as a tourist, would never return to a Thai beach. German tourists got fined THB 250 for bringing their own beach chair, now this ..............

12 hours ago, jerojero said:

It's not the operator's beach! They should be charged a business license to be there.

Then they will double the prices to tourists, there are enough rip offs here without that idea. Local council should run it and provide free shade and beds to help tourists enjoy their stay but hey where are we?

The beach looks a million times better without the tatty crap umbrellas and chairs. Should make it a permanent every day ban then concentrate on the rat problem.

When cycling down beach road it was almost impossible to view the sea through a mountain of discoloured rotten old umbrellas. Chuck the lot on a big bonfire and be done with it.

16 hours ago, fforest1 said:

This post and others like it are written by a very unpleasant lot...

Who have not given any thought to what they write...

There is already a 50/50 split between open beach and vendors..

Good for everyone.

Has anyone noticed that Pattayas ocean water is filthy..The color

of the water is between black and gray...The water is almost not

fit for swimming...Also did anyone notice most of the shade trees

were cut down in 2013...

Point being there is <deleted> absolutely nothing good on Pattaya

beach for tourist,expats or Thais EXCEPT THE BEACH CHAIRS

AND UMBRELLAS...Nothing nothing at all....

STOP blabbering on and on about reclaming the beach for nature

that boat sailed 30-40 years ago....You cant have a natural beach

with black putrid water...Pattaya beach is a dump there

is nothing to save EXCEPT for the beach chairs and umbrellas..

Is this so hard to understand..

I resent being called an unpleasant lot by you who appear to know so little.

Perhaps the beaches and the sea could improve if they were not crowded up by these people, who throw the garbage they create directly into the sea and are a source of what you gripe about.

The officials want 2 days a week for the umbrellas to be not used,  How about next yea, will it be 3 days, no umbrellas.

Whether the vsitors are from Thailand iland, or up north, or th tourists are foreigners, they are the ones affected,  not  the

officials that claim to need clean up days.

Geezer

On 5/4/2017 at 6:38 AM, PremiumLane said:

Isn't that what most Thais love to do at the beach, sit with family and friends and eat seafood. So how is that bringing happiness to the people?

And you'll see many at Ban Amphur beach bring their own food and drink and sit on their own mats under the coconut trees. They don't need beach umbrellas, tables and chairs to enjoy a day at the beach. Problem is NOT all clean up properly when they leave and what bins there are are filled to overflowing. When there is no vendor to clean up the people MUST be taught to and the local authorities must provide adequate bins and collection of the garbage.

As I alluded to earlier in the thread can you just imagine the farcical looks a spanish or greek operator would get if they said you cant have a small table for your drinks, you must stay within a square and absolutely you cant put your chair in the sun ohh and and for the next 2 days you gotta sit on your arse in blazing sun no umbrellas because we want happiness...... People would rightly think they're off their rockers and taking the piss but these clueless numbnuts in city hall continue to drive those same "customers" to exactly those locations greece spain and everywhere else. Pattaya is a ghost town and i dont care what bullshight TAT come out with these hordes of visitors are not in Pattaya

For gawd sake even if every vendor was operating with all umbrellas up it takes 50% of the total beach..... To you lamebrains who say bin the lot piss off and stay in your drunken boozers 24/7 pratts and thats being polite

Edited by Chivas

no no no.  Can't pick this day or that day or those days.  They may not line up with tourist's or locals travel plans.  Just put a few limits on areas so that locals or visitors can bring their own equipment.  I personally love the convenience of renting the stuff.  Others of course would like to bring their own. 

5 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

When an order threatens to bite, they've got it right.

Very pithy, but utter rubbish. Why does hurting people and their businesses give some people a kick?

I have had enough of the street food vendors,with the smoke the filth and grease...with them gone ,mabey some of the littler will end....I know my life would get better as the retard selling,bbq chicken outside my condo may F.R.O....

First of all, the price for chairs have to be regulated. Last time we went to

Koh Larn, most of the vendors charged 200 baht for a chair. I managed to

find one that only charged 50.. Good for him since we were 5 people and

stayed there for a week. Good for me, cause I had to pay the bills. :)

I agree with others who suggested more toilets, and free so people actually

use them. I also like to have a table for my stuff, and we need to eat and drink

without having sand on everything. 

Not setting up chairs until they have customer is a good idea, but should still

be limited so it is possible to walk by the water. The areas around the trees

should also be free for vendors so people who don`t want chairs can find shadow.

I don`t get this umbrella-free days. People cannot sit in the sun for a whole

day. Not even a couple of hours if you have white winter skin, sunblock or not.

Earlier this week it was close to 40C in the shadow, and 50C in the sun. :shock1:

On 5/4/2017 at 1:19 AM, Patanawet said:

What a load of juvenile rubbish is written here by people who never go to the beach.Please try to understand this: if the 'people' did not want the vendors there, then they would not open !

For those who want 'happiness to the people' there are kilometres upon kilometres of uninhabited beach along the coast.

I can only speak about Jomtien and not Pattaya beach (do you see what I did there? --- speaking only from personal experience).

For those I mentioned above, let me give you some information --- the beaches ARE cleaned daily after operation AND early morning by the vendors.

No food or rubbish is thrown into the sea.

Each table is provided with a small table and rubbish bin and as, mentioned before, ashtrays if required.

Now a challenge to all those who object so vociferously about tourists relaxing on the beaches --- please venture out from behind you keyboard on a Wednesday and provide us with photographic evidence of the municipality cleaning the beaches on any Wednesday.

I can speak for Jomtien also.  You wouldn't get me in the water unless I was already dead and you had to drag me into the raw sewage dumped every night, as in 80,000 gallons or more.  A bit of research tells you there is NO SEWAGE TREATMENT.  Need a video of the effluent flow heading north-west from Chaiyaphruek?  What day would you like?  It outfalls about 300 meters out.  Get up high enough and you can see it well up from the outlet.  When you see the water in the afternoon and it looks whiter than the water offshore, it's not the sand, it's what was for dinner last night..  What kills me, besides swimming in sewage, is that the officials never post that it's polluted, sickeningly polluted, and just let the tourists swim in it.  Count the Thai people in the water on a non-Thai holiday week.  You'll find no locals in the water.  The educated one's I know would NEVER swim in it.  Same in Pattaya.  So, considering There are really no beaches here, I see no reason to stay.  Bars & Whores.  Which are ok for a while but they're everywhere in the world.  One visit is enough.  Below is 12-29-16 showing the flow a few hundred meters offshore.

12-29-16_Jomtien Sewage Flow.jpg

2 hours ago, Joebuzz said:

I can speak for Jomtien also.  You wouldn't get me in the water unless I was already dead and you had to drag me into the raw sewage dumped every night, as in 80,000 gallons or more.  A bit of research tells you there is NO SEWAGE TREATMENT.  Need a video of the effluent flow heading north-west from Chaiyaphruek?  What day would you like?  It outfalls about 300 meters out.  Get up high enough and you can see it well up from the outlet.  When you see the water in the afternoon and it looks whiter than the water offshore, it's not the sand, it's what was for dinner last night..  What kills me, besides swimming in sewage, is that the officials never post that it's polluted, sickeningly polluted, and just let the tourists swim in it.  Count the Thai people in the water on a non-Thai holiday week.  You'll find no locals in the water.  The educated one's I know would NEVER swim in it.  Same in Pattaya.  So, considering There are really no beaches here, I see no reason to stay.  Bars & Whores.  Which are ok for a while but they're everywhere in the world.  One visit is enough.  Below is 12-29-16 showing the flow a few hundred meters offshore.

12-29-16_Jomtien Sewage Flow.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words but for those who have their heads buried in sand, these are the turquoise waters of the south east Asia!

heads-in-sand.gif

Edited by pattayadude

On 06/05/2017 at 9:14 AM, mok199 said:

I have had enough of the street food vendors,with the smoke the filth and grease...with them gone ,mabey some of the littler will end....I know my life would get better as the retard selling,bbq chicken outside my condo may F.R.O....

Oh how I wish thre was a 'TOSH' button here ----- no, hang on 'UTTER TOSH'.

1 minute ago, Patanawet said:

Don't you understand they are paying rent every day?

That's not the problem is it ?  Any cleanup operation is welcome in my eyes. Even if its 20 years too late

On 04/05/2017 at 3:59 PM, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Yes, in order to leave no other choice to people than using thei service. They just want to take over the place as they did before

Uh?

As I've said before -- there are kilometre upon kilometre of empty beach  each side of the vendors for people who do not wish to partake of their services.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, Patanawet said:

For those who want 'happiness to the people'

there are kilometres upon kilometres of uninhabited beach along the coast.

How far do we need to go to find them?

On May 4, 2017 at 4:37 AM, fforest1 said:

Its all very strange...The beach vendors operate a very low

profit business..They put in long hours for very little money..

There is not much fat to trim like in a GoGo bar....

I don't see what they want to accomplish sense half

the beach is already cleared...
With-out the chairs and umbrellas the beach will be unusable

for most people during the day.....

What little shade there is now is mostly hogged by the

beach road riff-raff....

Pattaya beach is bad enough as it is...With-out the 

beach chairs and umbrellas it will be intolerable during

the day...

You think the big hotel elites like that Tulip Group scoundrel cares? They want tourists staying at their places in their restaurants buying their food and at their pools drinking their booze. They have pull and pay taxes that can buy military toys.