Queen's most senior aides 'call ALL royal staff into emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace'

webfact

9 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

No. Charles will become king when the Queen dies. This is referring to the Queens husband, Prince Philip.

The Queen has said many times she will not abdicate, but will continue as Queen while she still has breath.

William will become King when Charles dies, assuming that Charles outlives his mother.

Charles has always wanted Camilla to become his Queen and so it is unlikely he would stand aside.  I think the Queen will be the figurehead for the family and not abdicate.  I would assume that Charles will take over some of the important roles the Queen has always done and William and Kate will do the rest.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Well, that was a bit of a damp squib.

Yes, much ado about nothing. He might have had the decency to at least have had a minor heart attack for wasting everyone's time.

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

From the use we get from them they are cheap

Sorry I am missing the use we get from them------ please do not quote tourist figures as

1/ the Queen is never at home for the whole of the Summer (in Balmoral)

2/ Paris who decided they would remove their royal family's heads--get more tourist than London.

Yes she does flash by in a car sometimes and cut a ribbon.......I suppose that will be left to the 2 oldest grandsons who only get $4 million a year between them .

7 minutes ago, oceanyachting said:

Compare, if you're interested, the cost of a presidency

Do we pay the presidents children Millions or his grandchildren the 2 oldest getting 4 million.....or anyone else connected to the president including divorced wives ---what does the 2 former wives from Trump get from the American Tax payer

Reckon old Phil the Greek likes a glass or two of Ouzo, did well for himself marrying into the Saxe-Coburg family, never understood folks fascination for such, maybe a good way to keep folks focused?

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Sorry I am missing the use we get from them------ please do not quote tourist figures as

2/ Paris who decided they would remove their royal family's heads--get more tourist than London.

Yes she does flash by in a car sometimes and cut a ribbon.......I suppose that will be left to the 2 oldest grandsons who only get $4 million a year between them .

Do we pay the presidents children Millions or his grandchildren the 2 oldest getting 4 million.....or anyone else connected to the president including divorced wives ---what does the 2 former wives from Trump get from the American Tax payer

Careful now Thai lese majeste law applies to foreign monarchs and heads of state.........

The latest from my UK sources is that; Prince Philip has retired from duty due to the imminent arrival of USA President Trump. 

We are not sure at this time if he has stepped down because of Pres Trump's support for Scotland or Brexit or the shortly to be announced US UK trade deal.

Watch this space!!!

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

Careful now Thai lese majeste law applies to foreign monarchs and heads of state.........

Yes you are right ---not only that but so many Brits on here that will still tug on their forelock and go down on one knee.

So I officially  GIVE IN -----

I LOST--SORRY FOR EVEN QUESTIONING WHY WE SHOULD PAY SOMEONE ON WHO'S BED THEIR BORN IN.

NO MORE FROM ME ON SUBJECT

PS

**Anyone ever wonder if the Queen ever props her quilt cover up to her neck whilst in bed and says "Look Philip, I"m a stamp!"?

3 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Why oxo1947?

You have a point of view and can put forward a valid case.

Don't let the others deter you. Keep it up!!

30 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

The Royals bring in billions in business and industry deals and in tourism. That money comes to the UK citizens. The cost of 51 million is a bargain in terms of return on investment.

Yes the USA are currently spending MILLIONS' in security for the Presidents children while they go off around the globe doing their private business deals. Eric and Donald Jnr are prime examples. The money they make goes to the family account, NOT to the US citizens. Bit of a difference - Muchly Bigly.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

No. Charles will become king when the Queen dies. This is referring to the Queens husband, Prince Philip.

The Queen has said many times she will not abdicate, but will continue as Queen while she still has breath.

William will become King when Charles dies, assuming that Charles outlives his mother.

Very true, If The Queen were to become incapacitated by age or infirmity then even if no longer able to act as such she would remain as Queen. Prince Charles would act as Regent, becoming King only after her death.

There may be an appetite for Prince William to become King, especially amongst some sections of the tabloid press, but the UK is a hereditary monarchy, and the succession doesn't skip a generation simply because the younger prince has a gorgeous wife. It simply doesn't work like that.

12 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

The Royals bring in billions in business and industry deals and in tourism. That money comes to the UK citizens. The cost of 51 million is a bargain in terms of return on investment.

Come on oxo1947. Respond to this garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Yes you are right ---not only that but so many Brits on here that will still tug on their forelock and go down on one knee.

So I officially  GIVE IN -----

I LOST--SORRY FOR EVEN QUESTIONING WHY WE SHOULD PAY SOMEONE ON WHO'S BED THEIR BORN IN.

PS

**Anyone ever wonder if the Queen ever props her quilt cover up to her neck whilst in bed and says "Look Philip, I"m a stamp!"?

Frankly, I don't get it.

Why is this: "The entire royal household staff has been called into an emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace today" necessary for that: "Prince Philip is to permanently stand down from royal duties in the autumn" ???

26 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Frankly, I don't get it.

Why is this: "The entire royal household staff has been called into an emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace today" necessary for that: "Prince Philip is to permanently stand down from royal duties in the autumn" ???

Some people might think it's important.

16 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Is the all seeing Owl incapable of putting together a considered argument himself?

Yes sir; he certainly is. I just did want to steal oxo1947's thunder. He was doing so well.

Well here goes. UK people are not citizens. They are subjects of her Majesty.

Some think the royal family are simply German lizards waiting for the big day when we will all have to bow to the masters. She owns half of Canada (I don't see a lot of that wealth filtering down to anyone.

People come to Buckingham Palace to view the architecture not to see the queen. She is only in residence about 6 weeks a year.

Enough for now. I've got to take a chill pill and relax.

With reference to Trumps visit....

Apparently Charles is refusing to meet Trump and Kate has borrowed Williams cricket box just in case!  Phil will be well out of that state visit but no doubt heckling from the side lines.

Edited by dunroaming

Well guys!! Breaking news indeed!!

The very latest from my American contacts is that Pres Trump will be leaving for the UK very soon. His position on Scotland will be made clear. He is an advocate of Scotland leaving UK. My contact, who is close to the White House,  informs me that Pres Trump will promote the idea of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Scotland. the Palace was informed and I reckon Prince Philip just couldn't face this officially; hence stepping down from public duty.

The reason for the gathering of staff was to spin a story about his age being the reason. And don't forget that all the staff are governed by the official secrets act.

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Frankly, I don't get it.

I should think there'll be a do. Probably the last chance for everyone to give him a send off. Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

All this because Phil retired

Blame it on Brexit , all to  do with his pride . UK down the swanny , he knows , you know .

Edited by elliss

36 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

I should think there'll be a do. 

Weak Prince of Wales tea, a limp cucumber butty and a rock-hard scone. They'll bring out the good stuff once the minions have left.

I would have thought the military types here would have organised a robust defence to protect our Royals from slurs?

I think the Duke of Edinburgh has been a terrific consort and a raconteur to boot.

I was looking forward to him eviscerating Trump without a thought ?