Pattaya to Hua Hin Ferry Do you think 1250 Baht one-way is too expensive? Poll

fforest1

Pattaya to Hua Hin Ferry Do you think 1250 Baht one-way is too expensive?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based upon one of my vehicles, a bike. Here in Thailand it's costing me 1.08 baht per mile.

I do not need to travel to Hua Hin but if capacity was available to take a bike onboard, I would plan a trip & pay the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Depreciation? No, my vehicle bought used & has actually increased in value.
Maintenance? 20 baht for a bulb.
Insurance? 300 baht.
Finance costs? None, paid cash.
Parking spot? Free

And on and on? Please elaborate?

For me, fuel is largest cost of owning a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You have to take into consideration the purchase price.  Also you don't think your maintenance costs will ever exceed the 20 Baht bulb you bought? As far as car prices go in Thailand I don't know of anybody who thinks cars are a great value here. In many cases people say they are double the price back home.

The ferry is what a 150 km trip? So for 1,250 it is less than 10 Baht per kilo. If you do not consider the purchase price of your car you are not making a valid comparison.

You may have got a very good deal or whatever but in general my reasoning about car prices in general is the reality. Owning a car in Thailand for most people is one of their biggest expenses living over here and for most any other type of transport in comparison is very cheap.

So I am just not certain you can actually reason that buying a car in Thailand is a far better value than the ferry. 

5 hours ago, anotheruser said:

You have to take into consideration the purchase price.  Also you don't think your maintenance costs will ever exceed the 20 Baht bulb you bought? As far as car prices go in Thailand I don't know of anybody who thinks cars are a great value here. In many cases people say they are double the price back home.

Good example of TVF Poster silly accounting, eh. So many of our economists actually have no idea about actual costs and how they're calculated. So typically they'll arrive at some naive, absurdly low figure to fit the narrative. Then, confused about pricing as well as costs, they'll add, say, a generous 10% as the "profit." :bah: Seems they don't much teach business & economics in the nanny states.

The ferry is what a 150 km trip? So for 1,250 it is less than 10 Baht per kilo. If you do not consider the purchase price of your car you are not making a valid comparison.

You may have got a very good deal or whatever but in general my reasoning about car prices in general is the reality. Owning a car in Thailand for most people is one of their biggest expenses living over here and for most any other type of transport in comparison is very cheap.

So I am just not certain you can actually reason that buying a car in Thailand is a far better value than the ferry. 

Cars are ridiculously expensive here but I'm not comparing car ownership to a ferry trip. I'm only talking about a bike which most people own here & its cost per mile.

In my calculations I have taken purchase price on a used bike. Yearly servicing costs, new tyres, insurance, tax, fuel, mileage etc.

Ferries in Europe are cheaper & can also accommodate bikes & cars onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app