Pattaya police nab woman in Mercedes Benz with 9mm gun beside her

webfact

Just having a gun is a false sense of security. You need to be trained properly and it does take some time and effort.

She should get a permit and buy a smaller gun to be kept in her handbag, reaching out for the gun hidden somewhere in the car is too slow you may fail to protect yourself.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

With all the nutters running around these days, a woman driving alone needs some protection.

For the photo, they managed to find 3 senior officers, pathetic.

...still in the box..the gun that is.

If she has a por3 and por4 paperwork, it's probably a non-issue other than 'personal protection' means in the home and not carrying it in the car.  She'll catch hell for having the ammo and gun together if she does have paperwork.  She should have said, "I was planning to go shoot at the range today.", instead of saying it was for protection.  Of course, if the gun isn't registered in her name, she's got problems.  

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 1:39 PM, colinneil said:

With all the nutters running around these days, a woman driving alone needs some protection.

For the photo, they managed to find 3 senior officers, pathetic.

Yes, that would certainly make Pattaya a safer place if all women driving by themselves carried guns.:shock1:

On 08/05/2017 at 2:59 PM, sanukjim said:

And if it is ordered for all guns to be turned in by the public do you think that the bad guys are going to turn in theirs ? What a dxmb statement.

well the bad guys would not be waving them around in public like half drunk Thai's do and shoot anything that moves ...would be a start for gun control..have to start some where and my previous statement is not a dumbarse statement but read by an illiterate dropkick would probably find it so 

On 2017-5-8 at 7:23 AM, Regyai said:

Terrified she might be mistaken for a uber driver. She'd need more than ten 9's to hold off the stout hearted taxi mafiosi till their brown shirted compadres pitched up.

Only 10 bullets... Think she would need more. 

On 08/05/2017 at 0:34 PM, Briggsy said:

Land Registry Office (the street of)

I guess at 4 AM she was just making sure she was in the queue early for a regular land transaction.

Edited by NanLaew

11 minutes ago, The manic said:

I would love to meet her - I bet she's a real fire cracker - anyway gun ownership is not illegal in Thailand. 

Gun ownership is only legal with a license. 

You need a reason to obtain a license. As a business owner who 'may' have been periodically taking cash to the bank she has a valid reason to obtain a license. Its not clear from the reports if she has a license. 

I know someone who has a gun license. As I understand it, his license covered him between his Home, business, the bank and the Shooting range (yes vague I know). He had his guns (4 in total) in the boot of his car at 4am when coming home from a club and stopped by the Police in Thonglor. He had no valid reason have guns on his person (in his vehicle) and violated his license. His penalty - 10,000 baht fine, and a monthly 'checkin' at the police station once per month for six months.