Extension on NON IMMIGRANT O visa waste off time

Arrived at 09:45.

With- employer letter income (Singapore), Thai bank statement 6 months, income letter Embassy.

Tribian baan + copy, Passport with copies, Pictures me and my wife, form nr 7 and a picture on it.

TOR ROR 2 updated and married certificate and copies.

Went their with my daughter (school holiday 16 years old), at 15:15 it was my turn.

Ive been explained that the following documents where missing:

-My wife had to be their (she is working).

-Picture around the house had to be include my Daughter

-Letter from my daughter school was missing.

I explained that I never seen this requirements even not on their own website.

Can not give a 1 year extension.

Now back home again.

Happy that after so many years the very helpful.

terrible.

• Like 2

That's what I thought so, I did not know that my wife needed to be their as well.

One more issue is that I could not make the visa as.

My non immigrant O expired on 16 May 2017, I arrived on 2 May and received a stamp that I can stay till 90 days.

I am leaving back to work on 5 June (offshore).

Immigration told me that their is no way I can make a extension as this only can be done within 45 days of visa expired date. What is the date that I need to leave.

So as per this I cant make a extension as I going offshore for 5 weeks.

Not sure as I made a mistake that I went with my daughter and not with my wife, they could inform me when checking the documents  in the morning so I did not need to wait all day.

They seem to be unable to make appointments on time and date online so you not need to wait.

6 minutes ago, needforspeed said:

That's what I thought so, I did not know that my wife needed to be their as well.

My non immigrant O expired on 16 May 2017, I arrived on 2 May and received a stamp that I can stay till 90 days.

Immigration told me that their is no way I can make a extension as this only can be done within 45 days of visa expired date. What is the date that I need to leave.

If you've got or get a re-entry permit you will be able to have another try when you come back from work, you'll still have 2 or 3 weeks to do it before your entry expires (30/07/2017?).

2 minutes ago, needforspeed said:

Your visa has not expired yet, so you could begin this before before May 16 - but, you would be given a temporary-stay of 30 days awaiting approval (under consideration stamp), and would need to come back at the end of that time for the final-approval, which would be while you will be gone.

Given your travel-schedule, a trip to Savanahket or Penang for a new Non-O Multiple Entry once every 12 to 15 months may be easier to deal with than a 1-year extension plus re-entry permit, which has these timing-issues.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

If you've got or get a re-entry permit you will be able to have another try when you come back from work, you'll still have 2 or 3 weeks to do it before your entry expires (30/07/2017?).

I was hoping that, but I receive a new stamp ones I arrive and that's just a tourist 30 days stamp then, so not sure if that's going to work.

Thanks for the reply

1 minute ago, needforspeed said:

I was hoping that, but I receive a new stamp ones I arrive and that's just a tourist 30 days stamp then, so not sure if that's going to work.

Thanks for the reply

If you come back with a re-entry permit you keep your current non-O entry date, not a new visa exempt entry.

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Your visa has not expired yet, so you could begin this before before May 16 - but, you would be given a temporary-stay of 30 days awaiting approval (under consideration stamp), and would need to come back at the end of that time for the final-approval, which would be while you will be gone.

Given your travel-schedule, a trip to Savanahket or Penang for a new Non-O Multiple Entry once every 12 to 15 months may be easier to deal with than a 1-year extension plus re-entry permit, which has these timing-issues.  

You mixing the visa's expiration date with his 90 day permit to stay. He is extending the 90 day entry not the visa.

He could do a border hop on or before the 16th and get another 90 day entry.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You mixing the visa's expiration date with his 90 day permit to stay. He is extending the 90 day entry not the visa.

He could do a border hop on or before the 16th and get another 90 day entry.

Ahh, correct.  A border-hop would add some time to the equation (if needed).

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

If you come back with a re-entry permit you keep your current non-O entry date, not a new visa exempt entry.

So, if coming back before the permitted-stay ends - still on a Non-O entry - preserved by the re-entry stamp - he could do the 1-year-ext upon return.  Just needs to be here long enough on that return-visit to get through the consideration-period and 2nd visit for the final 1-year stamp.  

I would get the re-entry permit regardless - just to avoid the potential hassles of coming in Visa Exempt. If not going for the 1-year extension, he could always make a Savanahket-run before the permission-of-stay ends.  If the return-visit is too short for the "under consideration" and 2nd visit, could also get 60-days extension "to visit wife" (she must come with for that, too, though).

Be happy... next time when you come you will get a stamp for 30 days and they will visit your place too.

All have to be present when they come.

Then after that you come back on the day they stamped in your passport and get you new visa.

They just enforce the rules.

First people complain about the lack of enforcing them. Now when they do people complain too.

:-)

i wondered why so many mothers/children were at section L of CW when i was there.  i knew they processed extensions based on marriage but i thought just the 'extender' had to show.

when i got my queue number, i told the lady i was getting the retirement extension.  she didnt even touch my small stack of documents.  although she had just checked the person before me who was extending a tourist visa.  i dont think they want to check all the docs for retirement or marriage before giving the queue.  that is just one data point though.

RE "Extension on NON IMMIGRANT O visa waste off time"

A Non Immigrant O is a waste anyway if you are on a fixed offshore rotation and the off periods coresponds with the 30 days visa on arrival - at least this functioned for years in my case even I qualified for a 1 year visa (Non O Retirement) - less cost & less hassle...;)

Edited by ttrd