Husband of woman on phone in viral car accident video, who died at hospital, warns others

snoop1130

Husband of woman on phone in viral car accident video, who died at hospital, warns others

By Coconuts Bangkok

456.JPG

Photo: Kapook.

Prasong Bureepia, the husband of the woman in the horrific car accident video, said he wanted his wife’s death to be a lesson for people in society to be more careful when crossing the road.

His wife, Sudchada, died at the hospital yesterday after being hit by a car while crossing the street in Sri Racha, Chonburi on Wednesday. The video of the accident shows her crossing while talking on the phone and was widely shared in local media as a reminder for pedestrians to be careful.

Prasong said that he didn’t expect his wife to pass away so early, and now he is worried about his two children. He does not blame the driver, Mongkorn Somsud, who hit his wife.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/husband-woman-phone-viral-car-accident-video-died-hospital-warns-others/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-5-12

Sir many people feel for you, losing your wife, and you having to care for your children.

The poor man whos car hit your wife must be going through hell.

I am pleased that you are not blaming him, because looking at the video it clearly shows your wife crossing without looking/taking care.

""The driver has been charged with reckless driving causing death""

This is unbelievable.

What was wreckless ?

A pedestrian was crossing a 4 lane, 1 direction road, pre-occupied by her mobile, not concentrating at what she was doing.

Surely there is a safer place to cross.

I feel sad for the driver.

2 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Decency from the bereaved's husband undermined by idiocy from the police.

Edited by champers

The Police determined that the driver was travelling too fast, speeding? It wasn't car drivers fault the lady walked out in front of the car but if the driver wasn't going so fast the lady may not have been fired off up the road like a football and may still be alive. That's how it was explained to me and there is some logic to it.

you can be charged, taken to court and not found guilty or even have the case dropped altogether 

The police is not a judge and should not arbitrarily decides who is guilty/innocent and gets to go to jail or not, but all too often with minor traffic case, the Thais police are given too much power to decide to convict/fine, but in this case they erred on the right side of due process

I just watched the video.  She was OK until the last lane where she clearly did not look around that last car, and just sprinted into the lane.  She could have prevented it.  The driver that hit her probably was speeding a bit given the driving conditions at the time.  But people have to watch for such things.  Looking at the video she was then going to cross another 3 or 4 lanes on the other side of the median.

Edited by gk10002000
update

13 hours ago, trogers said:

Using the phone while walking and driving...is an addiction.

All the warnings will do not a thing for those addicts, just like drugs...

Often with the excuse (including when driving) 'but I have to call me friend, she has a new lovely dog' etc.

13 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

This is unbelievable.

What was wreckless ?

A pedestrian was crossing a 4 lane, 1 direction road, pre-occupied by her mobile, not concentrating at what she was doing.

I believe the police automatically charge the driver. They can later drop the charges once it is determined the driver was not at fault or new evidence in an envelope is given.

If vehicles ere stopped in all but the lane that this driver was in then yes, this driver was reckless and could have slowed down, but did not,

That is likely why he was charged. That is how I see the video.

Geezer

13 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If vehicles ere stopped in all but the lane that this driver was in then yes, this driver was reckless and could have slowed down, but did not,

That is likely why he was charged. That is how I see the video.

Geezer

Do you routinely stop in a lane with no traffic in front of you just because every other lane is stopped?

15 hours ago, trogers said:

All the warnings will do not a thing for those addicts, just like drugs...

And what are your addictions then? and don't say you don't have any.

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

Do you routinely stop in a lane with no traffic in front of you just because every other lane is stopped?

Why would anyone stop in an empty lane? Stargrazer is talking about the speed you travel on that empty lane in the video. Stay within in the speed limit, go over the limit, floor it? The driver may well have been speeding by the way the woman was launched up the road. 

the woman (RIP) disregarded her own safety by 1) crossing the street while on the phone and 2) crossing on the wrong part of the road. there was a pedestrian overpass less than a hundred meters from where she crossed. the innermost lane was empty and probably a U-turn or right turn only that's why the outer and middle lanes were slow. she was the one who was reckless, not the driver. too bad she paid the price with her life and probably the driver's as well.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:59 PM, Pattaya28 said:

This is unbelievable.

What was wreckless ?

Thailand is a lunatic asylum where reality is totally absent. Nothing makes sense, nor does it need to in such a lawless and morally bankrupt society.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thailand is a lunatic asylum where reality is totally absent. Nothing makes sense, nor does it need to in such a lawless and morally bankrupt society.

thainess to a T.  :clap2: