Retired cop shoots his paralysed wife then himself in Loei

webfact

Retired cop shoots his paralysed wife then himself in Loei
By The Nation

LOEI: -- A 71-year-old retired police officer shot his 70-year-old paralysed wife and then turned the gun on himself in Loei’s Naduang district on Monday.

Police found a suicide note written by retired Sergeant Jamnong Phoson in which he said he and his wife wanted to escape their chronic ailments.

Pol Captain Chaliewdet Piriyakul, an officer of Naduang Police Station, said Srinuan Phoson was shot in a leg and the head while Jamong was shot in the head.

Jamong said in the letter that he had suffered from diabetes and hypertension for years while his wife was paralysed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315256

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-15

The poor man, i can feel for him.

Taking care of a paralysed wife, a full time job, never a moments rest.

My wife takes care of me, yes sometimes it gets her down, holding down a full time job, then coming home to care for me.

At least they were together until the end, i hope they they can now find peace.

R.I.P. a good man making sure they   went together.

Edited by colinneil

So sad, but I know of an even sadder story. I grew up in England we emigrated when I was 12yrs old. I had an uncle lived close by. His wife my aunty spend all her days that I recall in a wheel chair. Her face was contorted by a trip to a dentist that went wrong and a nerve was severed. Every now and then she fell and broke her hip. A few years after we arrived in Australia I had news from my grandmother that the aunty had died. I thought that was good news as now my uncle would not have to push her around everywhere and look after in general. A few months later he had an accident was run over by a runaway wagon at the local steelworks and lost both his legs. Less than 12 months later I was told he was now back at work in the steelworks using his artificial legs which had not been invented very long at that time. Thats about the saddist thing I ever heard.