Prayut tells nurses to stop protesting over poor pay and working conditions

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife is a registered nurse at an international hospital, or rather she was. She quit 8 months ago to do her own business and now earns 6 times as much and works her own hours, other nu4ses are also quitting.. there is not only disharmony on the govt hospitals. 

I sympathise with those nurses knowing well that they are indeed overworked and underpaid as in many countries around the world with few exceptions. The Issue here is about Government Hospital not private hospital Ezzra?

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Not sure about these protesting nurses, but when I go to Bumroongrad

and other big hospital I see like 7-10 nurses staffing one doctor's

position and while 2-3 are working, the rest are just loafing about.....

Don't worry...Bumrungrad's fees more than cover such inefficiency.  It's makes the patients who can afford care at places like Bumrungrad feel "special, pampered, etc."   But that's OK...it's their choice where to get medical care. 

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

When the PM needs nursing care, he will not be going to a government hospital.

He will probably have enough stashed away to go to a private hospital.

Oh, he still may go to a govt hospital but you can be assured he receives super VIP status....no queue ticket for such VIPs.

55 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Sorry girls, spent the money on submarines.

BTW -- Fairer allocation of government revenue is why PTP continue to win every election held and the old guard will always have to rely on coups!

PTP "wins" every time because of the slight boons they give to the poor to get their votes while using that power to enrich themselves by every means available.

4 minutes ago, hansnl said:

PTP "wins" every time because of the slight boons they give to the poor to get their votes while using that power to enrich themselves by every means available.

off topic and wrong

" He also urged the nurses not to protest and make the issue political. "

Umm, er, dear general,oops PM.... you just did that.

What are they supposed to do? Protest the take over, the shambolic Constitution?

Maybe the Prime Minister should try to live on a nurses salary and benefits for a year. It's always the people in high paying jobs or positions that fall to see reality.  Easy to dictate to others what to do, not so easy to do it yourself.  

Dear PM, welcome to the real world with real world problems.
These nurses work so hard to care about sick people but obviously the government doesn't care about.
And the usual phrases come out again.
Better spend the countries budget on really important things such as health and infrastructure instead of submarines or artillery systems [emoji36]

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Maybe that is why that hospital is the most expensive!!

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Your comment indicates a colossal failure to understand the difference between the public and private healthcare system in Thailand.

I could say that you need to get out more but I reckon that may not help with your penchant to post first, think later.

25 minutes ago, hansnl said:

The slight boons like the universal healthcare, village funds, farm subsidies, soft loans etc were actually good and copied by this junta government. 

My Wife works in ICU her shifts are up to 16hrs at a time she also does many shifts 12 on 6 of 12 on she has to look at babies mangled from bike accidents drunken farangs with heart attacks and as you can imagine  many other sites and Traumas she is paid sweet F all  she does not get holidays she has to train new Recruits and has been doing it for 27 years at same Hosp and before the A H start remarking why she not leave Thing she is Traditional Lanna and that is how she supports her parents and family

so from fist hand experience for the last 6 years they get Squat

surely the statement of the top political figure in thailand made this demo by the nurses political and not the nurses  asking for a fair salary and security of tenure

Omg can you believe this guy? Teachers Nurses are so poor paid  Thailand I have teacher friend and she gets paid 15,000 Bahrt per month  How much are nurses Paid? Even less i think  Pm your brother gets 100,000 baht for meetings he dont even attend. My god what is the pay packet of the PM of Thailand? Oh go buy some more useless subs wow

Prayuth sure does get annoyed when the serfs make noise and start demanding things.  If he waves his magic wand though, it will encourage other government workers to think, "Hmmm, the nurses got a raise, how about us?".  Next thing you know, you've got all sorts of chancers coming out of the woodwork, circumventing the budget/programming process, looking for a quick change straight from the top.

Telling the nurses to "Not make it political" though, is intended to categorize it as "political protest" and thus, it can be shut down.  He just stopped short of saying what was really on his mind.  But they work for the government so who else should they be voicing their complaints to?  

I don't know for sure, maybe someone here is married to a Gov Nurse, but I suspect this has been bubbling up through the system for a while and has hit the bureaucratic ceiling.  Nobody in a white shirt and tie wants to ask the Junta for more money.   When employees think the system isn't working and their demands aren't being heard by the right ears, that's how these things go public, trying to reach the ears of someone empowered to do something about it.   It worked, and an annoyed Prayuth told them to shut the hell up!  He ought to apply for a job at United Airlines.  :laugh:

Edited by 55Jay

42 minutes ago, hansnl said:

The good thing about PTP wasn't that they were a particularly effective or clean government, because they certainly were not, but that they were on a fundamental level accountable to the people. A mechanism existed for a group offering a better deal to the population to take their place. People talk about PTP buying votes, but who else would the rural poor have voted for? The party whose core supporters feel the poor are too stupid to be allowed to vote?

Having recently been a patient at Hua Hin government hospital, I would just like to put on record my support for the nurses' campaign. The nurses at this government hospital, as well as the administrative staff, work incredibly hard dealing with vast numbers of people.

My wife, who is Thai, and I were incredibly impressed by their patience, dedication, efficiency, and kindness despite overflowing waiting rooms and working conditions which I am sure nurses in most Western public hospitals would regard as intolerable.

No doctor is worth 28 times more than a nurse. Neither, Khun Prayuth, are political leaders or any other member of Thai society. Give them the civil servant status they deserve - and quickly, please.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

My sentiments exactly! 

There are enough (too many?) nurses already with very little to do. 

"He also urged the nurses not to protest and make the issue political."  He is already setting the 'scene' to judge their not unreasonable concerns as a political issue and will be dealt with harshly! This from the one who said: "Democracy will never die from Thailand because I am a democratic soldier but I stay in power because I want democracy to survive”  IT IS NOT A POLITICAL ISSUE!! A decent person would address their concerns with understanding to see how they could be helped NOT threaten them!

36 billion baht on a submarine and they cannot  pay their health care workers a fair reward for their work! :post-4641-1156693976: 

Civil service positions only for those who are connected or who can buy into the system?  :whistling: The rich will get richer and the poor never have a chance!