Football fiasco: Two Britons, Thai accused of Premier League piracy

They made a huge mistake by using Thailand as an operation centre. If they were based on Malaysia / Singapore, they could still charge farangs via paypal (Thai not so much). Sure, streams would be faster if servers were in Thailand compared to Singapore but, now they're in Jail.

Never stay / distribute illegal IPTV in same country you're targetting :)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

PulseTV doesn't have any servers in Thailand.

They don't need the servers to shut them down: They follow the money and shut them down at the payment processing companies. Paypal and credit card processors will close any accounts and seize funds, if they suspect illegal use. Why do you think ilikehd had their paypal accounts closed? I hope the other iptv providers had the sense to use fake id when opening accounts, or they will be busted too. When providing illegal services, you should use bitcoins.

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

With all respects, but I think you can figure that out by yourself.

Hint : It costs you 30 GBP ( or more)  a month for a Sky subscription in the UK, and here in Thailand you get that same subscription for 5 GBP, with on top subscriptions to a few other broadcasters thrown in.

Hint: I know nothing about what programs are available in the UK and I know nothing about Sky UK TV or what it broadcasts. I also know nothing about the costs associated with such things in the UK.

Another hint to take into consideration is that I have just about no knowledge of whatever streaming is or where servers are based etc.

So I hope you can see that my question was legit!

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Hint: I know nothing about what programs are available in the UK and I know nothing about Sky UK TV or what it broadcasts. I also know nothing about the costs associated with such things in the UK.

Another hint to take into consideration is that I have just about no knowledge of whatever streaming is or where servers are based etc.

So I hope you can see that my question was legit!

I never doubted your question wasn't legit, I only gave you a sincere hint.

By the way I'm sure you were born and spent most of your life in a Western country, so you will have knowledge about going prices there.

9 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

so you will have knowledge about going prices there

No knowledge whatsoever about UK prices (or Euros either)!!

Anyway........moving on, seems like my idea re. pulse is not a good move, so perhaps Kodi or similar it is.

It didn't take long for the  'competition' to try and fill the void left by the demise of Expat TV and Expat Premium TV. I just received the following email from 'Asia Expat t.v.':

Product and Subscriptions

·   IPTV Set Top Box + 6 months subscription. ฿ 15,800
IPTV Set Top Box plus six months subscription to access all our IPTV services.  

• After first 6 months, you can continue with any of our 1, 6 or 12 month subscription options.
  • We will email invoices automatically as they are due.
  • Can be paid at any Kasikorn bank or ATM  / online transfer. 

IPTV Set Top Box plus 3 months subscription ฿ 12,000

I had a good laugh when I read it - After the Expat TV fiasco do they really think that people are stupid enough to cough up 15,800 baht for 6 months subscription?

For my answer to this please rearrange the following words:  touch bargepole would not it with

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

It didn't take long for the  'competition' to try and fill the void left by the demise of Expat TV and Expat Premium TV. I just received the following email from 'Asia Expat t.v.':

Product and Subscriptions

·   IPTV Set Top Box + 6 months subscription. ฿ 15,800
IPTV Set Top Box plus six months subscription to access all our IPTV services.  

• After first 6 months, you can continue with any of our 1, 6 or 12 month subscription options.
  • We will email invoices automatically as they are due.
  • Can be paid at any Kasikorn bank or ATM  / online transfer. 

IPTV Set Top Box plus 3 months subscription ฿ 12,000

I had a good laugh when I read it - After the Expat TV fiasco do they really think that people are stupid enough to cough up 15,800 baht for 6 months subscription?

For my answer to this please rearrange the following words:  touch bargepole would not it with

You are spot on with that observation. One of the most sensible contributions in this whole thread.

Someone suggested earlier that 'we' were naïve to pay for what was an alleged illegal service through 365 and Ex Pat TV. Yet, I thought this whole thing came about solely because of Premier League football piracy. Does that mean I had to lose BBC/ITV/Channel 4 etc etc because  of the footie?. I'm just an ordinary Joe who assumed my payments for the service include some form of onward payment to the providers of the streams. Clearly I'm wrong and some 9000 baht out of pocket. ! Therefore, who the hell do you believe now? which makes your remarks totally reflect my view.

I've just watched BBC 4 via the computer and it looks as though I will have to use this route from now on - even if the use of a VPN is not kosher. You would have to be brain dead to survive on watching Thai TV channels. Oh yes, thank goodness for the BBC radio player as well.

Spot on - and I'm sure most of us were led to believe the same. I won't be signing up for any more any time soon, particularly with outfits like those that sent the email - no website links and a dodgy looking email address either - idiots.

I have been experimenting with Kodi, which I find is good for movie videos but doesn't work well for live TV as it keeps lagging, the sound doesn't sync properly and also keeps dropping out.

Next I am trying a free IPTV App on my LG smart TV. I'll try and add an m3u playlist for the UK TV and sports channels and see how that goes.

Looks like I jumped ship at exactly the right time.

I used Expat TV to watch all the UK shows, news etc. But I never paid more than three months in advance as I knew it was vaguely illegal.

Now I'm back in Blighty I have so many channels I don't know where to start.... including Sky sports...

On 17.5.2017 at 10:22 AM, elfpattaya said:

I pay the extra for the Smart Family Package, because it has Setanta Sports + about 16 Movie and Series Channels for the missus.

But I agree there is no need to pay the extra for a package. But I believe the package you have with the set top box and sim card is only available to Thais, correct me if I'm wrong.

wrong!

emilymat - FILMON TV  - free All UK channels live or on demand - you can download up to 1 hour or pay for more download time if you want it. Download is speedy and smooth on replay - subtitles are available for those like me who cannot hear some of the dialogue when that irritating 'mood' music plays over the speech

5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Didn't these pirates used to advertise here on thaivisa? I warned people at the time that they were just pirates but no one seemed too bothered.

I think everyone sort of knew it might not be 100% but for a good few years it cost a quarter of the price of some other systems here and for me anyway I got to watch what I wanted to watch when I wanted.

1 hour ago, clifric said:

emilymat - FILMON TV  - free All UK channels live or on demand - you can download up to 1 hour or pay for more download time if you want it. Download is speedy and smooth on replay - subtitles are available for those like me who cannot hear some of the dialogue when that irritating 'mood' music plays over the speech

I dont understand why you  would download if its already on demand?

I took a look at it, but mine plays for 5 mins and then asks for subscription, all uk tv has paid icons next to it.

sungod - the reason I download is because of what you mention - it only plays for a few minutes but if you download you can get a whole hour - free. I haven't tried it yet but if you want more download time you pay. I would only want to do that if a full football or rugby match was being screened but of course there might be restrictions on downloading such transmissions. For the time being it serves as an alternative to expat tv.

I should mention I have watched BBC1 and ITV programmes from the previous day by scrolling across the timeline - bit confusing as it shows time in Thailand

Edited by clifric

As far as football goes, I've never played it, never really liked it and very rarely watched it. The world cup final 4 matches are about as far as my interest stretches.

I certainly don't understand the need to watch it 'live'.

I can't get my head around the crap spouted by the FA that everything they do is 'for the fans' ' to make the fans happy'. It's only got to do with lining the pockets of players, managers and shareholders.

I need someone to tell me, so I can understand, what is the great thing about watching it live on television?

Surely a delay in broadcasting the full game 10 minutes after the event makes no difference.

To get the real experience you could have a bucket in the corner behind a tin sheet for a P at half time and your wife could keep you supplied with hot bovril and pies throughout the match.

1 hour ago, clifric said:

Thanks.

What I have settled for at the moment is to watch UK Tv via a VPN linked to the telly. I have no guilt, given I have a TV licence in the UK at my daughters house, with whom I stay when I'm over there  - which is often. Also, there seems no problem with ITV HUB and channel 4.  Yet, even though I have a TV licence I was still prepared to pay a sub to Expat TV in addition. That's what makes me so angry.  :sad:  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I want to keep abreast of things like the UK election etc .....

emilymat - I was doing the same thing with VPN and iPlayer and my ex-wife's licence (seeing as she gets he pension from my contributions I have in theory made a contribution to the licence anyway!)- the reason was I got sub-titles that were not available on expat tv which i watched for other programmes

I just find FILMON easy to use - if it becomes a problem due to limits then I can revert to what I was doing

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

As far as football goes, I've never played it, never really liked it and very rarely watched it. The world cup final 4 matches are about as far as my interest stretches.

I certainly don't understand the need to watch it 'live'.

I can't get my head around the crap spouted by the FA that everything they do is 'for the fans' ' to make the fans happy'. It's only got to do with lining the pockets of players, managers and shareholders.

I need someone to tell me, so I can understand, what is the great thing about watching it live on television?

Surely a delay in broadcasting the full game 10 minutes after the event makes no difference.

To get the real experience you could have a bucket in the corner behind a tin sheet for a P at half time and your wife could keep you supplied with hot bovril and pies throughout the match.

Agree. Like your last sentence. I was quite content to go to bed on Saturday not knowing any scores, and watch Match of the Day on ExPat  TV on catch up on Sunday morning with a cup of coffee - not Bovril

Advice: pay month by month for IPTV . If they go down or service is poor, most you lose is 1 month fee.

There are many IPTV providers, if you check reddit and reviews. Some service and support is good, some better to avoid based on several bad reviews.

Many are 10USD, 7.50GBP range per month. The  ones provide catch up channels are safer, if your internet is not very fast or server is far away.

Often IPTV providers do not disclose where their servers are. Many are in countries such as Romania or Belize, where law enforcement is low.

Certainly servers closer to Thailand is preferable.

Try to avoid resellers. Most resellers use paypal payment, instead of accepting credit card. Resellers buy 100's of credits for 2-5USD/month, then resell it for higher fees. 

Don't rent their box, buy your own Mag254 or Android box. 

There are many IPTV forums, where can learn about technology, settings, troubleshooting.

On a lighter note.............I'm beginning to feel like one of those French resistance people crouched over a crystal set, trying to tune into the BBC, before the Gestapo thought police batter down my front door. Paranoid?  :sorry:

So having asked about the viability of another provider a few posts ago and receiving a slightly sarcastic comment, I will ask again..............how can I watch football and rugby here, preferably with some sort of recording device so that I can watch it at my leisure?

I'm not worried about UK TV programmes of any description or any other programmes come to that, but I do like to watch some sport.

I live in a rented apartment and the owner won't let me put up a satellite dish or the like and he provides the free TV for all of the apartments via a service sourced here in Phuket, which contains mainly Thai stuff, so that avenue would appear to be shut off.

Any other suggestions (legal of course) would be most welcome and cost really isn't an issue.

51 minutes ago, emilymat said:

Thanks.

What I have settled for at the moment is to watch UK Tv via a VPN linked to the telly. I have no guilt, given I have a TV licence in the UK at my daughters house, with whom I stay when I'm over there  - which is often. Also, there seems no problem with ITV HUB and channel 4.  Yet, even though I have a TV licence I was still prepared to pay a sub to Expat TV in addition. That's what makes me so angry.  :sad:  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I want to keep abreast of things like the UK election etc .....

I started doing that a few days ago with the demise of expat but its been hit & miss. On Wed I could not access BBC, it said they suspected I was using a VPN and should switch it off. It was ok again last night. I am wondering if it is down to the VPN using different servers in the UK.

You were right about the sharks circling. I have had a flood of 'special ' offers from 'UKTV & Lamnia'.

Word of warning, I had dealings with Lamnia a few years ago, I was on subscription and it was coming towards the end. I signed up again under a promotion they said was open to existing customers, and then cancelled the original Paypal subscription. A couple of months later I could not log on and when I queried it they said Paypal had cancelled the payment. I pointed out I had paid for a further 12 months under their promotion but, other than promotional emails, never heard from them again, just no response to my emails.

2 hours ago, emilymat said:

On a lighter note.............I'm beginning to feel like one of those French resistance people crouched over a crystal set, trying to tune into the BBC, before the Gestapo thought police batter down my front door. Paranoid?  :sorry:

Listen carefully. I weel say thees only wance.

I had Thai Expat, I got an unbelievable deal, on two years in advance, and I knew it must be dodgy, the good news is that ran out June 6 2017, so i only lost small time, I also used my own box

I always found thai expat support good and want the catchup facility

Can someone simple advise me a legit system that gives UK tv and catchup

Maybe just google IPTV and find another based outside this country and use a vpn

I had Thai Expat, I got an unbelievable deal, on two years in advance, and I knew it must be dodgy, the good news is that ran out June 6 2017, so i only lost small time, I also used my own box

I always found thai expat support good and want the catchup facility

Can someone simple advise me a legit system that gives UK tv and catchup

Maybe just google IPTV and find another based outside this country and use a vpn

PulseTV. But only 24-hour catch-up.