My experience today at Immigration

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

The last 3 years, I had big problems in renewing my "Visa extension/Permission to stay" as my landlord was not very cooperative and Immigration wanted to see every year a new TM30 (signed); a copy of the ID-Card (signed); a copy of the Blue house book (signed) and a new rental contract.

I am living alone with my child (divorced) and I am on a Retirement Visa (Non-Immigrant).
When I divorced, 8 years ago, my landlord gave me the permission to include my child in the Blue house book in order to get an ID-Card.
Today, I went to immigration and I did not have the TM30/Copy of ID-Card/Copy of House book.
So, I feared to be rejected again like the last 3 years.

Asking for TM30 forms is a fairly recent thing, so doubt you have had a problem with it for the last 3 years.

If you were rejected for the last 3 years - how are you still here ?

Your child would have been registered in a blue book at birth, I really don't believe that it is now on your landlord's blue book.

Your whole post makes not one jot of sense.

3 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

It's simple to change Tabien Baan's you're registered in - those under 18 need a parent's permission.

Absolutely. It's nothing but a "move".

That many migrant working Thais don't care or can not register at their current address is another story.

So let's clarify,

Is the OP extension of stay based on retirement, or visiting thai immediate family (child in this case)?

Based on what I understand of the OP, it seems like they allowed an extension for visiting thai family.

Was it for 60 days or 1 year?

Is the OP fully divorced (with a divorce decree or something similar) or are they just living apart but still married on paper?

Edited by 4evermaat

Having seen reports about TM30s I carried a completed one in my bag last week as a failsafe but am pleased to confirm that it wasn't needed. Re pers data; 2x diagonal lines with a handwritten phrase in the middle across anything useful to a fraudster was accepted too although I had spares incase they werent!☺

(I was sent home like a naughty schoolboy last year for daring to redact as per western SOPs!)

Edited by evadgib

11 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

So let's clarify,

Is the OP extension of stay based on retirement, or visiting thai immediate family (child in this case)?

Based on what I understand of the OP, it seems like they allowed an extension for visiting thai family.

Was it for 60 days or 1 year?

Is the OP fully divorced (with a divorce decree or something similar) or are they just living apart but still married on paper?

From the OP:
I am living alone with my child (divorced) and I am on a Retirement Visa (Non-Immigrant).

Clear enough?

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text (forum rule)
  • Like 1

I think what 4evermaatwas trying to get at was what stamp you got in your passport after the interest shown by the IO towards your child.

In other words did your get your one year extension based on retirement, a 30 day 'review' stamp, again for extension based on retirement or a mistaken 60 day stamp to visit your child? This is what you said in the OP:

"But as the Immigration Officer was going trough my documents and saw my child, she asked me if my child was living with me and the age of my child.

I answered the Officer and showed the Blue House Book with my child's name.

That seemed to be enough as a certificate that I lived in that house.

No other documents were ask".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I think what 4evermaatwas trying to get at was what stamp you got in your passport after the interest shown by the IO towards your child.

In other words did your get your one year extension based on retirement, a 30 day 'review' stamp, again for extension based on retirement or a mistaken 60 day stamp to visit your child? This is what you said in the OP:

"But as the Immigration Officer was going trough my documents and saw my child, she asked me if my child was living with me and the age of my child.

No other documents were ask".

I got a 1 year extension based on Retirement.

• Like 1

Just now, jeab1980 said:

Seems quite simple to me op was going for retirement extension. He was worried about the TM30 as he did not have copy of landlords tabien and ID card. Seems he has had problems in the past with TM 30. IO noticed his child lives with him and he produced the tabien to prove child was named in there. This satisfied the IO  that he was indeed living there and processed his ext based on retirement. Sounds like you got a good IO.

Thanks for your input in this thread.
You can explain it better as me.

• Like 1

Perhaps its time to reconsider this unpredictable and insecure situation? Just think about it. You have to stress and worry about the permission to remain in the country of your child's nationality. What happens if you are refused? Or if , God forbid, something happens to you? Who will take care of your child then? Maybe you should consider returning to your country of origin in order to secure the future of your child? I hope you are not offended by my post but I really think you should consider stabilising your child's future.

And by the way, I should mention I respect you for taking care of your child  and performing your parental duties in a land where responsibility doesn't really exist. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Confuscious said:

.But as the Immigration Officer was going trough my documents and saw my child, she asked me if my child was living with me and the age of my child.

I had the same thing in Prachinburi my son name is in the blue book and as I could prove that I had over 100% control over him (court papers) it was accepted and I got my Retirement Extension ok

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, offset said:

I had the same thing in Prachinburi my son name is in the blue book and as I could prove that I had over 100% control over him (court papers) it was accepted and I got my Retirement Extension ok

I am happy to see that I am not the only one where this rule was accepted.
If only I had know this rule 3 years ago, it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

I hope that other members are aware of this rule which is not made Public anywhere.

34 minutes ago, offset said:

Seeing as a "retirement" extension has absolutely nothing to do with any other family member, why would you not have done?

A copy of my wife's Tabien Baan and ID card, along with our marriage certificate were accepted as proof of my address when I applied for my 'retirement extension' at Jomtien. I would think proof of address of a dependent child would be covered by the same rules and be equally acceptable.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sumrit said:

A copy of my wife's Tabien Baan and ID card, along with our marriage certificate were accepted as proof of my address when I applied for my 'retirement extension' at Jomtien. I would think proof of address of a dependent child would be covered by the same rules and be equally acceptable.

Why I was not aware of this information 3 years ago?
Even in a recent thread about my problems to collect the documents of proof of address, nobody told me about this rule.
Would have saved me a lot of trouble, a lot of time and a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

nobody told me about this rule.

1. Did you specifically ask for this information in a post?

2. Is it a rule or is it entirely up to the discretion of the IO or office that you are applying at?

3. Why did you not ask at the Immigration office on any of your past extensions.

As we all know, even when there are rules in place it doesn't mean that immigration will apply them.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one where this rule was accepted.
If only I had know this rule 3 years ago, it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

I hope that other members are aware of this rule which is not made Public anywhere.

You will be well aware what works in one IO office may well not work in another. However its worth keeping in mind for those in the same boat as yourselfs. Good post cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You will be well aware what works in one IO office may well not work in another. However its worth keeping in mind for those in the same boat as yourselfs. Good post cheers

I am aware of the Nr. #1 Immigration Office rule: "Every officer can ask/deny documents on the fly".
But as I can see in this post, some other members used this rule with success and even UbonJoe admitted that this rule is frequently used in Marriage Visas.
I hope that other members who are in the same boat as me will read this thread.

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

A copy of my wife's Tabien Baan and ID card, along with our marriage certificate were accepted as proof of my address when I applied for my 'retirement extension' at Jomtien.

I really don't see how, seeing as your wife's blue book and ID card don't have YOUR address on them,(it may well be where you live, but her blue book is not proof of that).

Marriage certificate as proof of address - behave.

Nothing in your post could even remotely considered proof of YOUR address.

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

...and while you provided a useful service in raising awareness, very likely this is not something that will work at every immigration office.

38 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

I really don't see how, seeing as your wife's blue book and ID card don't have YOUR address on them,(it may well be where you live, but her blue book is not proof of that).

Marriage certificate as proof of address - behave.

Nothing in your post could even remotely considered proof of YOUR address.

If immigration officials are accepting it, your assessment of the logic of the situation seems rather irrelevant. Of course, if you can point out your part in the process of him getting his retirement extension, I will need to revise my opinion.