State Sex: Ministry wants to stop govt workers from treating bosses to sex services

snoop1130

State Sex: Ministry wants to stop govt workers from treating bosses to sex services

By Coconuts Bangkok

654213231.JPG

Photo: Reuters

One government agency has started a program to make sure that state employees are not using prostitutes’ services as gifts for their bosses.

Minister of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS) Adul Sangsingkeo is working with his team to find ways to stop the practice of liang doo poo sua among government employees.

This practice means that junior employees often pay for the services of prostitutes for their seniors to say thank you or to celebrate a milestone or victory, reported Bangkok Post.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/state-sex-ministry-wants-stop-govt-workers-treating-bosses-sex-services/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-5-16

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are so many thing wrong with this OP.

They accepted that it was OK, till they got caught.

That sex with a child prostitute is an "acceptable" gift.

That senior officials thought it was OK (till now) and acceptedd these "gifts".

That "Juniors" knew that is what they were required to provide.

That trafficking these girls was OK.

Ad infinitum.

And now they try to take the moral high ground against what has been a state sponsored, and,  I have no doudt, financed program.

I cannot comment further, disgusted.

Edited by BigBadGeordie
Typo and Angry

Up north near the border I went to a Govt. installation having a works party. Most of the young guys wanted me to tip the dancers big money; they didn't want to pay for the services after the party, so let the white guy throw in. I tipped 20 baht.

However BBG has a good point. I did see the dancers in BIG C car park once, and wow one of the girls looked 12-14.

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I think more often it is a case of

This practice means that junior employees often pay for the services of prostitutes for their seniors to say thank you

Yep Then

Where I come from that is called corruption, perhaps not here

11 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So you set up your boss with a (whats it called) and you get promotion or a raise.

is there anywhere here that corruption does not rule?

I suppose from the comfort and vantage point of your armchair, and swapping stories with similar minded expat pals, you have a wealth of empirical data and fact heavy anecdotes to back up that sinister inference.

3 minutes ago, exalll said:

Don't start with this crap!  Where does he suggest that bribery is peculiar to Thailand only?  

It's just that everyone so far has expressed their disdain of Thailand on this subject calling it third world, corrupt etc, not once has anyone mentioned that this and similar might be a common practice in many many countries, including Western ones.

12 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Ad infinitum.

And now they try to take the moral high ground against what has been a state sponsored, and,  I have no doudt, financed program.

I do not understand.  There is no prostitution in Thailand!!!!!

On reading the headline, I thought story was referring to bosses requiring sexual favors from those under them (literally and figuratively). As far as I know, there are no sexual harassment laws here, and even if there were, I doubt there would be enforcement.

In all my years of junior work to senior management across different countries I have never received or given a bribe/gift. Many of us I am sure could say the same.

Going-away presents do not count. :smile:

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It's just that everyone so far has expressed their disdain of Thailand on this subject calling it third world, corrupt etc, not once has anyone mentioned that this and similar might be a common practice in many many countries, including Western ones.

maybe because in western countries if they did this they would be arrested &  charged by the police, here it is common knowledge that it happens but this is the first time it has been raised publicly. While corruption happens all over the world it is a part of everyday life here, most of us just accept it and move on, not much we can really do about it till the police actually start doing what they are paid for and the govt stops all the in house corruption that proliferates it currently

15 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Ad infinitum.

Welcome this is Thailand.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Did anyone write Thailand only? This is a forum about Thailand. Perhaps you forgot or don't understand.

Yes agreed, too many boring people on here goin on bout what happens in their own country.

We Don't F...... Care. ?

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

happens in other countries also, anyone who don't think bosses are given all sorts of gifts are naive  ...   if it doesn't hurt anyone and it's supply and demand..

Of course it does. But in most of those countries, the law has a funny way of working as it it is supposed to.