the jet skies had outboards fitted for more power

again in and out where the kids were swimming

a kid had to dive under the water /come up as a outboard came through 

would have chopped there head to pieces 

are the people controlling them getting corrupt money

the don't care for the deaths and harming the children here

a sad criminal affair

sick people in control 

No they dont care. Some one high up is looking after them. Such a killing would be an accident.No charges to answer, case closed, blame it on the parents, letting them in the water knowing there were jet skis around.

Welcome to Thailand.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:50 AM, opalred said:

are the people controlling them getting corrupt money

I think we are onto something with this statement. Maybe the Brown insurance company raised insurance rates and the jetski renters felt compelled to add an element of risk to attract people. Of course the first unfortunate operator to have an accident with one of his machines will feel the full wrath of the said Insurer. Life is a crap shoot and you just keep rolling the dice and hoping you do not crap out before your exit date. 

Kata beach in Phuket getting over run also.  Also, the operators tow them all over the beach with tractors and rigged motorbikes.  That beach is turning into a roadway.  It's dangerous, unsightly and unnecessary.  Get rid of them.  Side note I hurt my calf muscle recently and was walking along the beach to stretch it out.  I apparently was going to slowly through the parasail launch/land zone.  The operators started yelling at me to move. I kept walking as fast as I could then they told me to move faster.  I told them to piss off.  You should have seen the laser beam eyes! 555!  Newsflash jerks, the center of the beach is not a safe place for that activity either.  Get lost.

ThaiWai, what has happened to Kata beach is a crying shame. Once, one of the most beautiful beaches on Phuket and the rest of Thailand, it has turned into Brighton on a hot day, the water is dirty and the jet ski thugs /parasail are everywhere ruining your holiday. I used to live there, I feel so sorry !

I watched this in Jomtien on one of the big Thai holidays, jet skis jinking through swimmers as if  they were traffic cones. 

I couldn't believe no one died that afternoon, although there were a few that were hair close!

Thais didn't seem to care, just waded into the water with their kids. 

I have to say that Somchai blasting up and down the shallow water vs having someone walk along the beach nd sell a jetski trip, doesn't seem to be a good use of fuel... 

Local jetskis here in Phuket are 1500 baht for THIRTY minutes.

But wait ...if the renter wants to put a kid or gf on board  , its then 2000 for  2 passengers  for 30 minutes.

4,000 baht an hour.

Guess how much a Mazda 2 will rent for here and now?

800 baht for 24 hours.

Hmm ...800 baht for a licensed and insured car , for 24 hours ,  or 96,000 baht for a jetski ...

On 5/22/2017 at 2:43 AM, lemonjelly said:

Make video clips of the dangerous behavior of these jet skis.... upload to YouTube, Facebook, draw the attention to it...... just maybe it'll help.

may help u now get  locked up!!

jet ski mafia - corrupt officials - bribes, and you have the answer to your question!

considering the large scale jet ski scams mainly in Phuket or Pattaya, never....never...never rent a jet ski in Thailand or do so at your own risk to get badly ripped off by the renter who will falsely accuse you of damage when you return the vehicle.. Of course some will come up with the usual .."I never had a problem"....but the scam is well established so beware...

Comment from a "smart-alec": If people would stop renting Jet-Ski's, the problem would be solved. If people would stop driving Motorbikes, the Motorbike casuality-rate wold be zero.

Boy that's good. I must be having a good day.
Cheers.

Comment from a "smart-alec": If people would stop renting Jet-Ski's, the problem would be solved. If people would stop driving Motorbikes, the Motorbike casuality-rate wold be zero.

Boy that's good. I must be having a good day.
Cheers.

If we all stopped breathing the problem would well and truly solved. Good comment.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, pcliff069 said:

If we all stopped breathing the problem would well and truly solved. Good comment.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Very well put. At some point, we will all stop breathing. With or without Motorbikes or Jet Ski's. Discusting! It's like the weather: Everybody is talking about it, but nobody is doing anything about it.

Cheers.