Video: "Policeman" driving brand new Mercedes-Benz flees without paying for his gas

webfact

Video: "Policeman" driving brand new Mercedes-Benz flees without paying for his gas

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A man thought to be a policeman has been caught on CCTV at a PTT gas station driving off without paying for his fuel.

The incident happened about 8pm Wednesday evening at the services on the Chonburi motorway going into Bangkok, reported Thai Rath.

The man - in uniform with three stars on his shoulder - was driving a red plate Mercedes-Benz and had two female passengers in the car with him.

After arriving at the gas station he instructed the attendant to fill up and went to the toilet. He returned and drove off.

The attendant tried to stop him saying that he had not paid and he offered some spurious excuse about a following vehicle paying the tab before revving off at speed. It was just a lie.

The poster of the clip said that they forked out the 920 baht cost of the gas because they felt sorry for the attendant who earns just 308 baht a day.

The clip is now doing the rounds of social media as the online public speculate about the driver.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-19

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can never understand is why the station attendants  here are responsible for paying that tab.

O.k. I admit there can be backhanded dealings going on with friends etc, I am also aware of the scams some attendants pull, but in this case it seems clear the driver is wholly guilty.

Just saying.....:smile:

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The man - in uniform with three stars on his shoulder - was driving a red plate Mercedes-Benz and had two female passengers in the car with him.

Just trying to show off for the ladies. I guess he thought his police benefits extended to free gas as well. After this all plays out I guess the bank will be paying him a friendly visit to repossess. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The poster of the clip said that they forked out the 920 baht cost of the gas because they felt sorry for the attendant who earns just 308 baht a day.

Absolute shame on the owner of the station if he would deduct that from the attendant. 

But hey, that's Thai bosses and their slave like hold over their staff for you.

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

I'm impressed. You're able to tell a fake policeman. :smile:

'tis easy - he/she is the one who does not abide by the law!

And congratulations to the person who paid for the gas that the thief didn't pay for.

Edited by lvr181
additional comment

Just now, Emster23 said:

Shouldn't be that hard find out who owns the Benz if they want to. How about a re-enactment and cop give a deep wai to attendant?

And if the car "owner" doesn't want to give up the driver, then charge the owner with theft! Name and shame.

57 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Of course it was a misunderstanding. See details on our website honestthaicop.com

maybe

or maybe he just couldna afford paying, saving up to buy a Benz on a cop salary is hard work

cant afford gas on top

3 hours ago, webfact said:

That little flicker in your lights was the result of the bright idea bulbs of thousands of gas station attendants going off all at once...

Two female passenger's. Wonder who they were or where this policeman had picked them up from? Could they be working girls, bet he was getting a free ride there also. Now you know why some people back in Blighty call police by the word "Filth".

"Had the filth round today. Nicked a tank full of petrol, dirty, filthy, pig"

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

What I can never understand is why the station attendants  here are responsible for paying that tab.

O.k. I admit there can be backhanded dealings going on with friends etc, I am also aware of the scams some attendants pull, but in this case it seems clear the driver is wholly guilty.

Just saying.....:smile:

According to my Thai wife it is normal practice with most employers if there is a shortage or something gets damaged the employee is expected to pay