Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/21/2017 at 2:03 PM, Flustered said:

Obama was cold on it and as has been reported today on the various news programs, it would never have happened under the Obama/Hilary regime. 

OK, I just gotta say it. Muslims are dangerous in the eyes of many Trump supporters and should all be kept outside of the US. Still if you pointed out that all those countries where Trump has business ties (and whose citizens had actually been involved in terrorism in the past) were excluded from the travel ban, there was almost no reaction. Trump voters love everything he does and just drop the unsavory stuff under the table.

Now some of you guys applaud this arms deal, not giving a damn where and against whom some of these weapons will be used and what kind of people the Saudis are.

Well, here's a reminder:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/07/saudi-arabia-threatened-to-break-relations-with-un-over-human-rights-criticism-in-yemen/

If you sell arms to a country like this, you become an explicit partner in its actions. That Saudi Arabia has been a particularly fertile breeding ground for terrorists has been well documented.

So, there is no reason to applaud anything here.

Trump has a screwed up relationship with all things Muslim that is driven by greed, power & money and as a result there will be more fighting and deaths in the Middle East, the propping up of a regime that shouldn't be and young men who see no other way out but to choose jihad. This is the road to hell.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, mrdome said:

Now some of you guys applaud this arms deal, not giving a damn where and against whom some of these weapons will be used and what kind of people the Saudis are.

What you and others fail to see is that if the arms order did not go to America, it would go to France or Russia or China or some other country where there would be no control over what was sold or how they are used.

Or are you happier with Saudi starting up an arms relationship with France, Russia or China? Saudi Arabia will get the arms it wants, if not from America then from someone else.

3 minutes ago, Flustered said:

What you and others fail to see is that if the arms order did not go to America, it would go to France or Russia or China or some other country where there would be no control over what was sold or how they are used.

Or are you happier with Saudi starting up an arms relationship with France, Russia or China? Saudi Arabia will get the arms it wants, if not from America then from someone else.

No, I did not fail to see this, I anticipated that point in fact.

My personal point of view is yes, let them buy from someone else. That is the only morally sound position (as I don't believe a 'weapons in exchange for reforms' deal would ever work). Just because we see ourselves as the good guys, won't mean that this deal will automatically become more ethical. Nobody killed through a US weapon has ever praised it for that fact, I dare say!

Let me add a big one on top: The West should stop buying their oil as well and become energy independent. However that would mean change and someone in the WH who doesn't hate facts and science.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, KBsinter said:

You American have not had too many "Redneck" Presidents, but boy o boy 

you have one now, personally I think he will probably do ok and possibly

make 8 yrs............

Apparently, you really don't know what a Redneck is.  Trump is far from being a Redneck.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:27 PM, Luckysilk said:

For me this was and is about the Supreme Court appointees. I'd like to see a conservative bench for years to come.

I like VP Pence a lot and President Trump needs a full term to do what he's promised and get America back on track.

You like Pence? How a/b this information... oh I know....

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/05/mike_pence_is_complicit.html

The Democrats and the media, which has so utterly lost its credibility, are doing this because they want to create chaos. They want to completely obliterate any sense that the Trump administration is making any progress on anything.

6 minutes ago, stander said:

The Democrats and the media, which has so utterly lost its credibility, are doing this because they want to create chaos. They want to completely obliterate any sense that the Trump administration is making any progress on anything.

It's not progress, it's regression.   

3 hours ago, Flustered said:

He is on record as saying he will criticise Donald trump if he feels it is necessary. Even Michelle Obama has chipped in. They both go against tradition which dictates that outgoing/ex Presidents keep their own counsel.

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/after-rough-transition-obama-breaks-with-tradition-to-criticize-trump

http://news.sky.com/story/michelle-obama-criticises-trump-administration-on-school-food-decision-10875060

First off: here's the quote from article

Former President Barack Obama issued a statement Monday applauding protests against President Donald Trump’s policies and indirectly criticizing Trump himself, just 11 days after he moved out of the White House.

Also, isn't that tradition supposed to work both ways? Hasn't Trump repeatedly accused Obama of criminal behavior?

On 5/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, Prbkk said:

Gone in 6 months. Probably a resignation with some kind of immunity. 1st stop as Pres is Saudi Arabia. If anyone needed proof that he's a nutter, it's right there in that decision. Bonkers.

I agree if he was a "normal" person with a moral compass/ integrity/ but he is not. EVERYTHING he does is only for his/family/friends benefit. I'd love to see some names of individuals who benefit financially from his arms deal. Oh but wait. His daughter's charity was given 100 million from the Saudis after the deal. lol I wonder if that's part of Jared's commission?

Like the way President Obama broke with the unwritten rule and criticised an incoming President. 

As usual, the left try to drown out the voice of reason.

No person or president is infallible nor 100% honest. But Trump is way out there, constantly lying, fip-flopping and breaking written and unwritten rules all over the place....and you know it.

4 hours ago, Flustered said:

And so will the Taliban and ISIS. What's your point?

9 hours ago, Scott said:

Be aware the question is 'do you think', not 'do you want Trump to be impeached or resign.'

I am aware the question. My point was the numbers not adding up.

At the time 208 members have voted??????
Yes 91
No 101

= 192 votes

Now 229 members have voted

Yes 103
No 108

= 211 votes

15 hours ago, Flustered said:

I know the OP is American and anti Trump as is his entitlement, but I wonder how many of the FMs here who are so prolific in their posting of anti Trump rhetoric are actualy American.

My opinion, but I think that to criticise the way a President was elected, you have to be American. As a non American, you are entitled to a view but not a say in who the President should be.And yes, there is a difference.

15 hours ago, Flustered said:

Note, I said anyone can have a view (opinion) but only Americans are entitled to Criticise the way a President is elected. Not the same thing "dude". 

But the Americans and UN criticise the way many many Presidents are elected, they even send observers to watch how they are elected. How sad that at the next election in the US their should be so much distrust that the US need UN Observers to monitor the election.

When a nations President makes decisions that directly effect the world economy and world peace then EVERYONE has a right to criticise the way a President was elected.

2 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

Yes 91
No 101

= 192 votes

Yes 103
No 108

= 211 votes

Looks like the tally in a US election. Have the Russians hacked in to our TV poll? Maybe we have some illegal immigrant voters that were bused in from Laos?

8 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

Yes 91
No 101

= 192 votes

Yes 103
No 108

= 211 votes

Show results without voting counts as a vote in the vote total.

Duh.

Next ... 

1 hour ago, stander said:

A majority of American voters say there is no evidence of collusion between members of President Trump’s campaign and Russia and most are doubtful that investigations into the matter will lead to impeachment.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334612-poll-most-say-trump-wont-be-impeached

You left this bit out:

"A strong majority of voters, 75 percent, support the Justice Department’s appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election and allegations that Trump campaign officials may have coordinated with Moscow"

A majority of American voters say there is no evidence of collusion between members of President Trump’s campaign and Russia and most are doubtful that investigations into the matter will lead to impeachment.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334612-poll-most-say-trump-wont-be-impeached

A majority of Americans are not in the American Intelligence and law enforcement network and therefore what they think concerning the lack or surfeit of evidence is beyond irrelevant. Whatever their views on whether Trump will or will not be impeached are also irrelevant. If this investigation does not reveal collusion, it WILL reveal Trump and his families criminal financial activities. They go down either way.

Pretty silly poll...innit.

Why would you conduct an investigation if you already have evidence?

Cops don't search your car because they have evidence, they search your car because they have probable cause to look for evidence.

As the article says 75% of Americans agree that there is enough probable cause to warrant a search into Trumps activities.  Sounds like a vote of no confidence to me.

7 hours ago, mrdome said:

No, I did not fail to see this, I anticipated that point in fact.

My personal point of view is yes, let them buy from someone else. That is the only morally sound position (as I don't believe a 'weapons in exchange for reforms' deal would ever work). Just because we see ourselves as the good guys, won't mean that this deal will automatically become more ethical. Nobody killed through a US weapon has ever praised it for that fact, I dare say!

Let me add a big one on top: The West should stop buying their oil as well and become energy independent. However that would mean change and someone in the WH who doesn't hate facts and science.

Stop buying Saudi oil. I agree, but China would buy it instead.

I'd really like to see the west have to give up it's love affair with cars and go back to public transport or bicycles in cities. Be a good result.

I assume you don't want westerners to have cars, as there is no way electric vehicles could replace the internal combustion engine in many years. Too expensive, insufficient infrastructure, and their range isn't enough for anywhere outside cities.

2 hours ago, stander said:

"Those are the results of the new Harvard-Harris survey, provided exclusively to The Hill, which found that 54 percent of voters said they have not seen evidence to suggest that Trump campaign officials conspired with Moscow to influence the 2016 election."

Big difference between: "there is no evidence" and "they have not seen evidence".

Given the fact that evidence or sources are not revealed during ongoing investigations...

Alas, the Trumpeteers keep beating that dead horse.

A last gasp...

Edited by iReason

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Stop buying Saudi oil. I agree, but China would buy it instead.

I'd really like to see the west have to give up it's love affair with cars and go back to public transport or bicycles in cities. Be a good result.

I assume you don't want westerners to have cars, as there is no way electric vehicles could replace the internal combustion engine in many years. Too expensive, insufficient infrastructure, and their range isn't enough for anywhere outside cities.

But a government that wasn't in the pocket of the fossil fuel industry could promote a massive R&D program to get the USA and the world off of fossil fuels. How much of the U.S. defense budget is necessitated by the world's dependence on fossil fuels?  Already solar and wind power are way ahead of where they were expected to be at this point in time.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Oh dear......seems Trump asked the head of two intelligence agencies (NSI & NSA) to "push back" on the FBI investigation into collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.  

Where is your evidence for that? I could come on here and say Santa Claus was seen flying over Heathrow, but it wouldn't make it true.

By reporting things without any supporting evidence you are not helping your case. Crying wolf and all that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Stop buying Saudi oil. 

What is wrong with you?

Why would you support trump if you want to to see the US get greener?

6 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

But a government that wasn't in the pocket of the fossil fuel industry could promote a massive R&D program to get the USA and the world off of fossil fuels. How much of the U.S. defense budget is necessitated by the world's dependence on fossil fuels?  Already solar and wind power are way ahead of where they were expected to be at this point in time.

I agree,  but in the real world, which is run by corporations that make their money in the arms industry and oil based industry, that isn't going to happen.

I'd love to see private cars banned in cities, and an excellent, affordable public transport system to replace them.