Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Not to forget pulling out of the Climate agreement. Which, not surprisingly, benefits Russia as the food grow season becomes longer. 

Not only that, but it's been shown that increased CO2 levels actually decrease the nutritional value of wheat. So you have to sell more to get the same result. Everybody wins!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Not only that, but it's been shown that increased CO2 levels actually decrease the nutritional value of wheat. So you have to sell more to get the same result. Everybody wins!

I don't believe that would be a major issue in open fields. Greenhouses have dumped CO2 to improve their crops for years. The percentual amounts have been much, much greater than what we see in our atmosphere. 

Then again, the slower a strawberry grows, the tastier it becomes. I refuse to eat the strawberries sold in SEA. Those taste like eating a red cucumber.

4 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I don't believe that would be a major issue in open fields. Greenhouses have dumped CO2 to improve their crops for years. The percentual amounts have been much, much greater than what we see in our atmosphere. 

Then again, the slower a strawberry grows, the tastier it becomes. I refuse to eat the strawberries sold in SEA. Those taste like eating a red cucumber.

It may have improved the gross production, but that's not the same thing as nutritional value. Some crops, possibly strawberries might even benefit nutrtionally from increased CO2.  But it's quite the reverse with the major grain crops. If the nutritional value of strawberries were to decline, it would be present no great problem for human health. The major grains are another matter entirely.

In addition of course, in controlled greenhouses and such, it's possible to increase the other nutritional inputs  like water and fertilizer. Increasing those inputs into large open fields might not be practicable or desirable due to  other environmental consequences

38 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It may have improved the gross production, but that's not the same thing as nutritional value. Some crops, possibly strawberries might even benefit nutrtionally from increased CO2.  But it's quite the reverse with the major grain crops. If the nutritional value of strawberries were to decline, it would be present no great problem for human health. The major grains are another matter entirely.

In addition of course, in controlled greenhouses and such, it's possible to increase the other nutritional inputs  like water and fertilizer. Increasing those inputs into large open fields might not be practicable or desirable due to  other environmental consequences

Oh, forget already the CO2 increase to gain more crops. It's true in global scale, not in small scale. At least that's what we hope for. 

The main factor of climate change is having longer periods of 'not winter climate', up the north, where I'm from. 

It's all good, unless we fruck up the Gulf stream. At that point most of the Scandinavia is pretty much frozen. 

Just now, oilinki said:

Oh, forget already the CO2 increase to gain more crops. It's true in global scale, not in small scale. At least that's what we hope for. 

The main factor of climate change is having longer periods of 'not winter climate', up the north, where I'm from. 

It's all good, unless we fruck up the Gulf stream. At that point most of the Scandinavia is pretty much frozen. 

You do realize that there's lots of planet earth that are not so close to the poles? And lots of people living there?

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You do realize that there's lots of planet earth that are not so close to the poles? And lots of people living there?

I live currently rather close to the equator. I do understand the issue pretty well. 

Do you now understand who are the folks who benefit, if and when the climate warms up?

12 hours ago, oilinki said:

It's all good? 

Maybe, once farming has adjusted to new weather patterns that will turn current grain producing areas into desert and current tundra into potential farmland, food production will increase.  That is assuming civilization survives the chaos and mass migration caused by flooding of coastal areas where the majority if the world's population lives.

14 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I think a decrease in nutritional value of crops has more to do with depleted nutrients/resources in the soil than increasing CO2 levels.  Where CO2 levels may come into play, if at all, is that crops grow faster with higher levels of CO2, and an inability of the plant to take up the nutrients from the nutrient depleted soil at the greater rate of growth.

"Talk about putting one's $ where the mouth is,   how about Larry Flint offering ten million for  impeachable dirt on 'The Donald' "

Clear thinking fair minded people know that Flynt's new witch hunt will prove as fruitless as his previous attempts.

We already knew he's paralyzed from the waist down - now it's apparent that he's also deceased from the neck up.

Flynt has made other high profile offers:

$1 million for information on the real assassin of President Kennedy ~ Nothing!

When Bill Clinton was facing impeachment, Flynt offered $1 million for evidence of sex scandals involving Republican or conservative politicians ~ Nothing!

In 2012, he offered $1 million for Mitt Romney’s tax returns ~ Zero!
(The presidential nominee made them public himself)

In October 2016, Flynt offered $1 million for recordings or videos of Trump breaking the law or acting in a sexually demeaning manner ~ Zip!

Some more insight, from the PAST, about understanding trump. As an AGITATOR.

This is because agitators have no specific agenda for change. They seduce by becoming ciphers for resentment and fear.

This is how Trump has turned American politics into his own “reality” television show broadcast nightly, offering nothing but incessant debate about the acts of the fearless leader. For his adherents, his daily provocations offer the constant discharge of their emotions and reactions. They are an unending rehearsal for violence. What they most desire is for the complexity of the world to end and for a return to bygone days when, like children, their desires will be satisfied, which the agitator ever promises.

http://forward.com/scribe/385226/this-long-forgotten-book-is-the-key-to-understanding-donald-trump/?attribution=home-top-story-11-headline

13 hours ago, SurfRider said:

"Talk about puttinghopenone's $ where the mouth is,   how about Larry Flint offering ten million for  impeachable dirt on 'The Donald' "

Clear thinking fair minded people know that Flynt's new witch hunt will prove as fruitless as his previous attempts.

We already knew he's paralyzed from the waist down - now it's apparent that he's also deceased from the neck up.

Flynt has made other high profile offers:

$1 million for information on the real assassin of President Kennedy ~ Nothing!

When Bill Clinton was facing impeachment, Flynt offered $1 million for evidence of sex scandals involving Republican or conservative politicians ~ Nothing!

In 2012, he offered $1 million for Mitt Romney’s tax returns ~ Zero!
(The presidential nominee made them public himself)

In October 2016, Flynt offered $1 million for recordings or videos of Trump breaking the law or acting in a sexually demeaning manner ~ Zip!

Talk's cheap Surf Rider.  He's obviously  brain dead, and makes the absurd offer because he knows he'll NEVER  be called on to pay.  Even If he was, he'd find a reason not to do so.

The answer to the question Is... .......NO!  Frustrating for those haters, living In hope, but It's still NO!

Trump is again at his endless lying.   We now find out he hasn't been calling the families of fallen soldiers, and says that other Presidents, including Obama didn't call them either.   Not True:

Trump falsely says Obama did not call families of dead soldiers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-falsely-says-obama-not-call-families-dead-soldiers-192604187.html

4 minutes ago, Credo said:

Trump is again at his endless lying.   We now find out he hasn't been calling the families of fallen soldiers, and says that other Presidents, including Obama didn't call them either.   Not True:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-falsely-says-obama-not-call-families-dead-soldiers-192604187.html

How can US nationals and non nationals can keep on supporting this @#$%???

3 hours ago, Credo said:

In response, the below is one of the best take-downs yet, from San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.  And so painfully true in every respects....

"This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets.  We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/spurs/2017/10/16/gregg-popovich-president-trump-soulless-coward-nba-san-antonio-spurs/770045001/

4 hours ago, Credo said:

12 days after it was announced soldiers were killed in Niger, Trump says "I will at some point during the period of time call the parents." 

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/919990669107777536/video/1

Judd Legum (‪@JuddLegum‬)

17/10/17, 05:42

He's played golf 5 times in the last 9 days twitter.com/kylegriffin1/s…

- -

He has time to play golf 5 times in the preceding 9 days.

He likes soldiers that don’t get themselves fallen.

Meanwhile, people taking the knee over an issue entirely unrelated to veterans or the military are the ones really disrespecting The Fallen.

4 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

12 days after it was announced soldiers were killed in Niger, Trump says "I will at some point during the period of time call the parents." 

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/919990669107777536/video/1

Judd Legum (‪@JuddLegum‬)

17/10/17, 05:42

He's played golf 5 times in the last 9 days twitter.com/kylegriffin1/s…

- -

He has time to play golf 5 times in the preceding 9 days.

He likes soldiers that don’t get themselves fallen.

Meanwhile, people taking the knee over an issue entirely unrelated to veterans or the military are the ones really disrespecting The Fallen.

I think that they are protesting about blacks being shot with impunity by the police. A soldiers job carry's a risk, goes with the job, they know that when they join up, they can kill others but must accept that they can also be killed, where is the problem when it is a matter of choice ?

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

How can US nationals and non nationals can keep on supporting this @#$%???

It is a mystery.  It's like you have a car for sale and an acquaintance is looking to buy one, but he has his heart set on a certain quirky model because it's "different" and so buys that.  No problem, you sell your car to someone else, but when you point out to the acquaintance that the car he bought is so covered in rust that it has gone an orange colour, he denies it.  Then you show him that the tyres are bald, and he refuses to listen.  Finally, after a ride in it, you tell him that the engine is making a suspicious tweeting noise, the brakes are so bad that it takes forever to stop, and the steering is so random that it can't go in a straight line.  In fact, the only thing that works properly on it is reverse.  The car is a danger to him and everyone around him, but again he refuses to listen and instead starts shouting that you are a loser because he didn't buy your car and you need to get over it.  

As a non US citizen, I have no car in the race, and couldn't care less what model the US decided on, but when I'm innocently standing on the side of the road and I see a car weaving towards me, belching smoke with the driver shouting obscenities out of the window, I start to get worried.  And when a little fat boy in a Hyundai starts coming at me from the opposite direction, in a collision course with the original car, then damn right I'm going to get pissed off at these idiots and the people who gave them licences to drive.

3 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

It is a mystery.  It's like you have a car for sale and an acquaintance is looking to buy one, but he has his heart set on a certain quirky model because it's "different" and so buys that.  No problem, you sell your car to someone else, but when you point out to the acquaintance that the car he bought is so covered in rust that it has gone an orange colour, he denies it.  Then you show him that the tyres are bald, and he refuses to listen.  Finally, after a ride in it, you tell him that the engine is making a suspicious tweeting noise, the brakes are so bad that it takes forever to stop, and the steering is so random that it can't go in a straight line.  In fact, the only thing that works properly on it is reverse.  The car is a danger to him and everyone around him, but again he refuses to listen and instead starts shouting that you are a loser because he didn't buy your car and you need to get over it.  

As a non US citizen, I have no car in the race, and couldn't care less what model the US decided on, but when I'm innocently standing on the side of the road and I see a car weaving towards me, belching smoke with the driver shouting obscenities out of the window, I start to get worried.  And when a little fat boy in a Hyundai starts coming at me from the opposite direction, in a collision course with the original car, then damn right I'm going to get pissed off at these idiots and the people who gave them licences to drive.

To take the car analogy further, this rusted car has a stick shift too small to be handled by normal hands and needs to be operated delicately with just thumb and index finger!

If my friend buys a car i think is foolish I don’t take every opportunity to rub it in. It’s their money, let them buy what they want.

Impeach 45!

Interesting article by Robert Reich in Newsweek called 'The Unraveling of Donald J. Trump.' 

Let me acknowledge right now that it doesn't provide much in the way of evidence that would satisfy a Trump supporter, but if even the tiniest bit of it is true, it's chilling. A madman with the nuclear codes. 

Meanwhile, the Republicans who might actually be in a position to get rid of him won't -- at least not yet: they are more concerned about their own skins --  about getting 'tax reform' through before the next election. Go figure. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/democrats-house-midterm-elections/index.html

Top White House aides, lawmakers, donors and political consultants are privately asking whether President Donald Trump realizes that losing the House next year could put his presidency in peril.

In more than a dozen interviews, Republicans inside and outside the White House told CNN conversations are ramping up behind the scenes about whether Trump fully grasps that his feuds with members of his own party and shortage of legislative achievements could soon put the fate of his presidency at risk.