Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, SurfRider said:

Since the President was inaugurated, the economy has added over one million private sector jobs.

2) Consumer confidence has risen to the highest level in 13 years.

3) Manufacturing hit a 20-year high.

4) The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit 52 record highs since the election and topped 23,000 for the first time in history, adding $5.3 Trillion in Market Capitalization.

5) Unemployment claims are the lowest in 44 years (since 1973)

Thanks, Obama!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Well, I gave up believing in Government statistics a long time ago. It depends on the underlying assumptions and criteria.

For example, the employment statistics in Australia count one hour of employment per month as a job statistic. If you believe the US government would not do that, I have a bridge in Sydney Harbor I'd like to sell you.

If you believe that the US government does that, I'd like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge but the odds are that you've already bought it.

3 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

‘No wonder Fox is in cover-up mode’: Internet explodes over revelations that Mueller may begin arrests Monday

After CNN reported that special counsel Robert Mueller and a grand jury are filing charges against individuals and seeking to obtain arrest warrants, the internet went nuts.

Immediately, commentators brought up the attempted distraction from the White House for the last several days. Others mocked Fox News host Sean Hannity, who was demanding to know when Hillary Clinton would be indicted. The rest are just glad the beginning of the end has begun.

You can read the best below:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/no-wonder-fox-is-in-cover-up-mode-internet-explodes-over-revelations-that-mueller-may-begin-arrests-monday/#.WfRagmtlaK4.facebook

36 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Well, I gave up believing in Government statistics a long time ago. It depends on the underlying assumptions and criteria.

For example, the employment statistics in Australia count one hour of employment per month as a job statistic. If you believe the US government would not do that, I have a bridge in Sydney Harbor I'd like to sell you.

I believe the Australian employment statistics are based on a sample of 78,000 people rather than counting actual people working or not working. 

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/papersbyReleaseDate/FD0DB41FE10FF96BCA256C84007DEC73?OpenDocument

I don't think you know enough about it to comment.  Check it out and get back to us.

Dow Jones & Company is an American publishing and financial information firm that has been owned by News Corp. since 2007.

However the Dow Jones average is not computed by the government.  

Edited by amvet

19 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

‘No wonder Fox is in cover-up mode’: Internet explodes over revelations that Mueller may begin arrests Monday

After CNN reported that special counsel Robert Mueller and a grand jury are filing charges against individuals and seeking to obtain arrest warrants, the internet went nuts.

Immediately, commentators brought up the attempted distraction from the White House for the last several days. Others mocked Fox News host Sean Hannity, who was demanding to know when Hillary Clinton would be indicted. The rest are just glad the beginning of the end has begun.

You can read the best below:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/no-wonder-fox-is-in-cover-up-mode-internet-explodes-over-revelations-that-mueller-may-begin-arrests-monday/#.WfRagmtlaK4.facebook

It will be interesting to see if he arrests anyone or it is just a diversionary tactic to justify the expenses in the millions.  Mueller's technique is to arrest a low level person and threaten him with prosecution which will break the person financially to defend against it and then sweat him for information. Mueller and I are the same age and I'm a bit wacky.  I hope he has a longer attention span and doesn't spend as much time in the bed and toilet as I do.  

Edited by amvet

3 minutes ago, amvet said:

It will be interesting to see if he arrests anyone or it is just a diversionary tactic to justify the expenses in the millions.  Mueller's technique is to arrest a low level person and threaten him with prosecution which will break the person financially to defend against it and then sweat him for information.

Surely they would be entitled to a public defender the same as any other American traitor.

Just read the nice remarks by President Jimmy Carter about me and how badly I am treated by the press (Fake News). Thank you Mr. President!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/trump-ducks-commenting-on-mueller-indictments-by-twitter-bragging-jimmy-carter-said-nice-things-about-him/

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

Surely they would be entitled to a public defender the same as any other American traitor.

I don't think a public defender would be much good against Mueller and his team of multi million dollar lawyers.  The guy was the head of the FBI for a long time and led a rifle platoon in Vietnam got a  purple heart a - Marine.  He is one tough cookie. 

1 minute ago, amvet said:

I don't think a public defender would be much good against Mueller and his team of multi million dollar lawyers.  The guy was the head of the FBI for a long time and led a rifle platoon in Vietnam got a  purple heart a - Marine.  He is one tough cookie. 

If they are innocent that won't matter.  Only the guilty need expensive lawyers.

13 hours ago, amvet said:

The numbers might be off a little in actuality, but making the consequence the cause is a non-sequitur.  What that disparity reflects is the gross disparity in wealth in a progression taxation system: the wealthy have become so wealthy compared to the rest of the population that they are paying what appears to be a disproportionate amount of tax.  It hides the reality of a new gilded age in the US today, where wealth and power have become so concentrated in a society that even democracy has been undermined.

Btw, you could have made the same argument for slavery.  After all, the slave owners paid for the food and lodgings of the slaves, so what are the slaves complaining about?

Edited by EvenSteven

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

He will probably be considered a champion of  champions after 8 years. 

Many countries America helped to become developed countries have to be brought in line as far as trade is concerned. He is out there telling them now they are doing well,start buying American goods and balance the trade. He just sent a message to China about aluminum foil. He will keep doing things like this until trade improves and  Americans get their jobs back.

Most developing countries are only be held back now by corruption. America can do no more for them. So sorry.Time to level the trade field.  Enough is enough.

What  happened  to  aluminium foil? The  world   is  now expected  to only  buy a slightly different  made in the  USA  item?

America  has  certainly   leveled  the  fields  in  many  countries.

The  trade   field is subject  to  different  forces.

Developing   countries have increasing  capacity  to outproduce at  lower  cost  than the  USA both for  local consumption  or  export. 

Brought  inline? If  the  USA  thinks  it  can  dictate  trade then  let it  try.

Or will  gross  protectionism  increase  along  with poverty?

1 minute ago, amvet said:

The Clinton's have some of the most expensive lawyers in the business. 

Despite the best efforts of the dark lord through his minions lately, the Clintons are not being investigated for treason.  If they are at some point in the future I'm sure that there will be a thread about it for you to post in. 

But if I can take a moment to indulge your off topic deflection- If any democrat has broken any laws I hope that they are sharing a karzi with the orange toddler, Clinton included.

22 minutes ago, amvet said:

It will be interesting to see if he arrests anyone or it is just a diversionary tactic to justify the expenses in the millions.  Mueller's technique is to arrest a low level person and threaten him with prosecution which will break the person financially to defend against it and then sweat him for information.

I'm so impressed by how you instinctively can see what Mueller's technique is! So you're saying he's shaking the tree hoping the fat slob of an orangutan will fall down?

4 minutes ago, Slip said:

Despite the best efforts of the dark lord through his minions lately, the Clintons are not being investigated for treason.  If they are at some point in the future I'm sure that there will be a thread about it for you to post in. 

But if I can take a moment to indulge your off topic deflection- If any democrat has broken any laws I hope that they are sharing a karzi with the orange toddler, Clinton included.

My point was if you play with the big dogs you need a big dog lawyer including Trump or Clinton it is not a sign of guilt or innocence. 

5 minutes ago, Becker said:

I'm so impressed by how you instinctively can see what Mueller's technique is! So you're saying he's shaking the tree hoping the fat slob of an orangutan will fall down?

Early on, the Mueller FBI anti Enron team also won a jury conviction of the Arthur Andersen accounting firm, Enron's auditor, on an obstruction-of-justice charge.  That's how they took down Enron's executives.  It was not my instincts it was Mueller's history.

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

If you believe that the US government does that, I'd like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge but the odds are that you've already bought it.

No thanks. I understand the corrosion problems it has caused by neglect of infrastructure mean it could fall down any time soon. But Trump will fix that. Yeah right.

"Here are 10 revelations about how awful Trump is — from people who resigned from his administration. In attendance were Mike Cox, the ex-climate change adviser to the Environmental Protection Agency; Ned Price, former CIA agent and National Security Council spokesperson; Sharon McGowan, the former principal deputy chief of the Justice Department’s civil rights division; and Walter Shaub, former head of the Office of Government Ethics."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/here-are-10-revelations-about-how-awful-trump-is-from-people-who-resigned-from-his-administration/

5 hours ago, SurfRider said:

Some people actually appreciate achievements and results . . .

1) Since the President was inaugurated, the economy has added over one million private sector jobs.

4) The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit 52 record highs since the election and topped 23,000 for the first time in history, adding $5.3 Trillion in Market Capitalization.

6) He has enacted more legislation (signed more than 50 bills into law) to date than any chief executive in half a century.

7) He has made good on his vow to protect American workers by renegotiating NAFTA

8) He has restored integrity and accountability to the veterans administration, cutting wait time and expanding support for vets.

9) The President has put forward a framework for much-needed and long-overdue reform of the tax code.

There's much more, but no amount of factual information would be enough to satisfy the Destroy-Trumpers.

Just as an example the damage the Trump Administration is doing to the US by way of his Bills...

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/29/politics/president-trump-legislation/index.html

NAFTA renegotiated? With the example set by refusing to sign the TPP Agreement, highly likely Trump will do more damage to US economy rather than keeping the current T&C's in-place. As to the other claims how about fact checks ? Most of Trump's claims crediting himself with achievements are misinformation or outright lies.

Edited by simple1

11 hours ago, SurfRider said:

Some people actually appreciate achievements and results . . .

1) Since the President was inaugurated, the economy has added over one million private sector jobs.

6) He has enacted more legislation (signed more than 50 bills into law) to date than any chief executive in half a century.

7) He has made good on his vow to protect American workers by renegotiating NAFTA

8) He has restored integrity and accountability to the veterans administration, cutting wait time and expanding support for vets.

9) The President has put forward a framework for much-needed and long-overdue reform of the tax code.

There's much more, but no amount of factual information would be enough to satisfy the Destroy-Trumpers.

10 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Wow, a believer in statistics produced by the US government. Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

So we discount all stats produced by the government under Obama and applauded here by some posters, who contend that what these stats show is a continued recovery/growth under Obama???   Of course we must ignore them, along with those under every previous administration.

Be serious please.

I was reading about the circumstances pertaining to the contract given to White Fish. My first thought was if anyone was so brazen to try something like this with all the scrutiny going on all the rest is likely true. This guy Trump is going to get locked up.  

9 hours ago, amvet said:

Yup, what chance does an orange, draft dodging, coward have against him? By the time he and his team is finished investigating Trump's finances they will know what his allowance from Klu Klux Fred was as a 5 year old. I get the sense Trump gets taken down over $$$ reasons.