Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

Thinking from Scott Adams creator of Dilbert.

Yeah, there is a great mind for the ages. Taking in Scott Adams denials of the Holocaust, his opposition stance on climate change, his arguments against science and his misogynistic thoughts about women you can see how he lines up with Donny John and his ilk.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Yeah, there is a great mind for the ages. Taking in Scott Adams denials of the Holocaust, his opposition stance on climate change, his arguments against science and his misogynistic thoughts about women you can see how he lines up with Donny John and his ilk.

Dilbert and Dogbert sit outdoors. Dilbert asks, "Do you ever wonder about the meaning of life, Dogbert?" ... Dogbert continues, "But I looked it up in the dictionary under 'L' and there it was - the meaning of life." Over your head,

He didn't deny the Holocaust. Look it up in the dictionary under 'H'. Did you write any best selling fiction and non-fiction books. Did you predict with a 98% chance Trump would be elected President. He actually doesn't like Trump, so you have not read his work or understand controversy, satire, or critical thinking. You read and hear what you want to read and hear. You suffer from cognitive dissonance , look it up, like all the people who knew Trump would impeached by 2018.

Understanding why the scandals of the hot mess "president" that would have destroyed any other normal president, are actually helping it.

I think his analysis is spot on but not so sure about his proposed solutions. Looking at history, when nations make the kind of horrific mistake that the USA made (with Putin's help) in "electing" 45, typically the evil sparked by that just needs to totally play out to it's dark conclusion. In other words, it's going to get much much worse for possibly a very long time and the nation will never be the same. Certainly the presidency will never be the same -- in a very, very bad way.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11966467

To beat Trump, you have to learn to think like his supporters

It does not matter that he is eroding the nation's democratic institutions. That this combat is dangerous, hypocritical, built on lies. That you, after all, are innocent.

His supporters are convinced that you are to blame.

Until you can convince them otherwise, they will cheer him on.

The name of the game is polarisation, and the rookie mistake is to forget you are the enemy.

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Where do you get these fake predictions from. As for Gorsuch, this is a judge who voted in favor of an employer who fired an employee, a trucker, because that employee chose not to risk freezing to death. Gorsuch was the only judge out of nine who voted that way. And Trump represents his appointment as a triumph? Some defender of working people he is turning out to be. 

Supreme Court judges are not meant to defend or prosecute working people or non working people either. They are meant to decide the constitutionality of the arguments in the cases before them.  Whatever one may think personally of Gorsuch, both his students and his peers think very highly of him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/gorsuch-profile/

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/31/supreme-court-neil-gorsuch-cu-law-school-students/

Edited by lannarebirth

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Where do you get these fake predictions from. As for Gorsuch, this is a judge who voted in favor of an employer who fired an employee, a trucker, because that employee chose not to risk freezing to death. Gorsuch was the only judge out of nine who voted that way. And Trump represents his appointment as a triumph? Some defender of working people he is turning out to be. 

It doesn't  matter. You are living in the past. Gorsuch is on the Supreme Court until he dies.. You have a case of cognitive dissonance. In pain for something in the past.

2 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

It doesn't  matter. You are living in the past. Gorsuch is on the Supreme Court until he dies.. You have a case of cognitive dissonance

In other words 'get over it Gorsuch won'. You trumpies really don't have any opinion  or thoughts on the issues other than 'we won;you lost'. 

7 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

You read and hear what you want to read and hear. You suffer from cognitive dissonance

Right back at you. You must like the term "cognitive dissonance" as you used it in two consecutive posts. Did you learn a new phrase recently? It is funny since I would apply the term to Donny John - "the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change". If anyone suffers from it, it is most definitively the man-child POTUS himself. Maybe that is where you heard it?

The Cognitive Dissonance Presidency

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/19/trump-obamacare-health-care-reform

Or maybe it is Donny John's supporters that have it too? Head down to #7 in the article below.

Trump Supporters Are The Way They Are Because Of These 7 Reasons

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-do-people-support-trump

Then-Trump adviser George Papadopoulos allegedly made the comments to a key Australian diplomat while partying at an upscale London night club in May of 2016, according to the Times report. Papadopoulos reportedly knew that Russia had thousands of damaging emails about Hillary Clinton. And the emails had the potential to ruin her presidential bid.

This was reported by the Aussies to  the FBI before the hacking

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/12/30/nyt-trump-advisers-comments-during-alleged-night-of-heavy-drinking-sparked-russia-investigation

Farmers Now Regret Voting For Trump, Since He’s About To DEVASTATE Their Livelihood

President Trump promised farmers that his desire to renegotiate NAFTA would help farms. But now, the agriculture groups from Trump states all across the heartland are starting to fight for NAFTA and consider it crucial to their industry.

Though they were warned about potentially losing most of the $17.9 billion in products exported to Mexico—the United States’ third largest trading partner–, the agricultural lobby was silent on Trump’s NAFTA plans. They believed that the Trump administration would work out some kind settlement on aspects of NAFTA, but leave agriculture alone.

https://www.truthexam.com/2017/12/farmers-now-regret-voting-trump-since-hes-devastate-livelihood/?source=right-rail-recent

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Right back at you. You must like the term "cognitive dissonance" as you used it in two consecutive posts. Did you learn a new phrase recently? It is funny since I would apply the term to Donny John - "the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change". If anyone suffers from it, it is most definitively the man-child POTUS himself. Maybe that is where you heard it?

The Cognitive Dissonance Presidency

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/19/trump-obamacare-health-care-reform

Or maybe it is Donny John's supporters that have it too? Head down to #7 in the article below.

Trump Supporters Are The Way They Are Because Of These 7 Reasons

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-do-people-support-trump

You're right , Thanks for sharing  these links ...

how Trump contributes to damage brains is frightening   

1 hour ago, Skywalker69 said:

Farmers Now Regret Voting For Trump, Since He’s About To DEVASTATE Their Livelihood

President Trump promised farmers that his desire to renegotiate NAFTA would help farms. But now, the agriculture groups from Trump states all across the heartland are starting to fight for NAFTA and consider it crucial to their industry.

Though they were warned about potentially losing most of the $17.9 billion in products exported to Mexico—the United States’ third largest trading partner–, the agricultural lobby was silent on Trump’s NAFTA plans. They believed that the Trump administration would work out some kind settlement on aspects of NAFTA, but leave agriculture alone.

https://www.truthexam.com/2017/12/farmers-now-regret-voting-trump-since-hes-devastate-livelihood/?source=right-rail-recent

The above issue is a microcosm which reflects on the gullibility and dumbness of Trump voters.   If those farmers had asked me, or listened to wise people commenting on Trump's aim to trash NAFTA, they would have realized it would be against their interests of making as much money as reasonably possible.

But, because they listened to Trump's idiotic rhetoric, those same farmers are facing reduced income.  

The same dynamic applies to the Pacific Trade agreement (TPP) which Trump trashed (he pulled the US out on Jan 23, 2017, just days after his swearing in).  The result will mostly benefit China (which will take the helm), while damaging the US economy.  

Way to go Mr. Six-Times-Bankrupt Trump.  When he's shafting US farmers, Trump could at least allow them the courtesy of 'a reach-around.'

They'll still vote to re-elect him.  Plenty of "but but but" idiocy to fall back on.

On a year ending/beginning note --->  Impeachment doesn't equate to removal from office or any real pressure to resign.  This has been proved in the recent past by William Jefferson Clinton, who may not have done as much as he would have liked in his second term, but finished strong nonetheless.

happy new year everyone.  :smile:

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

1 hour ago, Ramen087 said:

reasonable point of view...

now that we're into '18 any excuse to influence midterm voters is fair game

have a happy new year...

What's the New Year have to do with anything? Criminal investigations aren't dictated by the Earth's orbit. Anyway, Mueller has bipartisan support, so that negates your cyncism of suggesting the Dems are milking it for anti GOP votes in November. Antifa, really? Got any other fringe groups you'd like to blame for trump's woes.

6 hours ago, Meljames said:

What's the New Year have to do with anything? Criminal investigations aren't dictated by the Earth's orbit. Anyway, Mueller has bipartisan support, so that negates your cyncism of suggesting the Dems are milking it for anti GOP votes in November. Antifa, really? Got any other fringe groups you'd like to blame for trump's woes.

Dems have a lot of material to attack Reps with - for the mid-term elections.  Let's hope the Dems aren't too nice - like Obama was when he withheld (Russia-collusion) info, which could have helped HRC garner additional votes in 2016. 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Woodward and Bernstein weigh in for the new year on the Mueller investigation and related issues.

Those two men are American heroes.  I'm glad they're still around.  Their thinking is as clear & sharp as when they were in their 20's. I resided in Wash.DC during Watergate times, and watched everything on TV.  I saw Halderman walking around downtown (in a section of 16th Street where street drug dealers proliferate).  A friend's father was bosom buddies with one of the 'Plumbers.' 

The Russia-Trump thing is many times more grave than Watergate.  After Watergate, over 50 Republicans went to jail.  When the smoke clears from Russia-Trump, it could be around 100.  I still resent Ford for pardoning Watergate's top criminal.  Pence will do the same for Trump, as they're all swimming in the same cesspool. 

" I bought a red cap and all I got is a Idiot President"

lol ,I bought a red cap,white cap ,blue cap and invested some money in the stock market(Boeing).

Edited by riclag

28 minutes ago, riclag said:

lol ,I bought a red cap,white cap ,blue cap and invested some money in the stock market(Boeing).

So you waited until Trump was president to invest? You missed out on much bigger profits you could have made had you invested just in index funds during the early stage of the Obama administration.

Edited by ilostmypassword

I am so sick of this topic appearing month after month after month in Thai Visa that I can't help but ask that the moderators, in the name of fairness please close this topic.   There could be no reason to to continue this senseless diatribe other than to promote a "leftist" agenda hoping your minuscule efforts to unseat Trump would actually have an effect.   This topic has far outlived its' life expectancy.  I'm surprised more members have not asked that this never ending topic be closed.

1 minute ago, patekatek said:

I am so sick of this topic appearing month after month after month in Thai Visa that I can't help but ask that the moderators, in the name of fairness please close this topic.   There could be no reason to to continue this senseless diatribe other than to promote a "leftist" agenda hoping your minuscule efforts to unseat Trump would actually have an effect.   This topic has far outlived its' life expectancy.  I'm surprised more members have not asked that this never ending topic be closed.

How about this, dude?

How about WAIT for two important things to play out that are directly relevant to the topic --

One -- The Mueller investigation concluding. That could be next month (very very unlikely) but it could also easily be next year.

Two -- The November 2018 Midterm elections. A democratic wave if it happens combined with evidence (see above) could indeed bring about impeachment and/or resignation.

Otherwise -- here's a tip for you personally. If this topic bothers you, maybe don't read it. 

10 minutes ago, patekatek said:

Let me get this straight. You're sick and tired of this topic yet you read and post in this thread? Is that about right?:crazy: