Karon down to Rawai

Patong2

Thanks everyone

We ended up at Happy Days on the road to Chalong Pier and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Big portions, neither of us finished it all and a pleasant casual place with nice staff. Well priced. Thank you.

Checked out Sala Mexicali later on and it looks fine, we will go back one night as they don't do lunch.

Two minds about the Yacht Club, it looks great but those desserts look irresistible, I'llhave to do another half hour walk to fit one in.

One place we enjoy is Sabai Corner down the road immediately on the right,  past the lookout on the Kata - Rawai Rd where they have the eagles. Great view and food is good.

We tried Sala Mexicali on Chao Fa Rd East between the Zoo and Chalong Circle on the left going to Chalong.

Ate last night about 5pm and it was very nice food.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, we will try to hunt up the yacht Club too but we missed it last night as well.

Like LivingInKata I'll try google as well.

35 minutes ago, beechbum said:

If you haven't already then you should give "Fatty's" a try, a bit further towards the circle and on the same side as Mexicali. Easily found via Google maps.

The huge dog on the huge chain made me nervous and uncomfortable. I will not be back ... plus the burger was way too salty and I could not finish. Far too many other tastey eateries in Chalong.

The huge dog on the huge chain made me nervous and uncomfortable. I will not be back ... plus the burger was way too salty and I could not finish. Far too many other tastey eateries in Chalong.

That dog died a few years ago, but agree there are better places in the area. I would describe the food there as 'comfort' food, large portions but average taste.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Stammtisch in Sai Yuan is to a certain extend similar, but IMO better quality.

@stevenl

Stammtisch is certainly very convenient for Rawai and southern Phuket people. Quality is good and portions are up to German standards....I could barely finish the eisbein with sauerkraut!

However, I think Fatty's is better. The cooking is a little more upmarket (at a recent Sunday lunch, my asparagus bundle was even tied together with a bow of chives!!.....OK, might be a little pretentious but it tasted great.) Also, Fatty's has a greater selection of drinks and draws a large crowd of discerning expats for Sunday lunch.

IMHO    :smile:

I agree with the Phuket Yacht Club, and Happy Days is good but with no view, of course. The latter seems more a backpackers than a fancy meal venue.

How about The Anchor, at the circle end of the Chalong pier road? Food OK and portions are enormous (if that matters). No view, though, and lots of traffic noise.

I must try Sala Mexicali sometime. I have been going to the little Mexican place opposite Cheap-Ass Thai Food on Soi Sai Yuan in Rawai/Nai Harn (where does the one end and the other start????). It's very good. Enchiladas recommended!

Incidentally, Cheap-Ass is good, fresh and healthy Thai food, and cheap. Many  Muay Thai trainees go there for lean protein and fresh veggies. It's not fancy, but delivers as does Ronseal!

Sabai Corner has wonderful views and good food.

:smile: 

12 hours ago, Tapster said:

@stevenl

Stammtisch is certainly very convenient for Rawai and southern Phuket people. Quality is good and portions are up to German standards....I could barely finish the eisbein with sauerkraut!

However, I think Fatty's is better. The cooking is a little more upmarket (at a recent Sunday lunch, my asparagus bundle was even tied together with a bow of chives!!.....OK, might be a little pretentious but it tasted great.) Also, Fatty's has a greater selection of drinks and draws a large crowd of discerning expats for Sunday lunch.

IMHO    :smile:

Our honest opinions regarding Fatty's are different here :sorry:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2017 at 1:56 PM, LivinginKata said:

Yesterday I tried to find the PYC, but took many wrong roads and turns, then heavy rain so I gave up. Now have googled the direction and will try it out next time down in Chalong.... cheers

Update - been there 2 times with my wife.  Nice servers, nice view, prices OK. Food delivered to table very fast.  Menu a bit limited (just my opinion). My favourite is the bangers and mash but more dishes to try in the future.

Archived